The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Perhaps since we are only able to convey a limited amount of feelings on this forum because we are reduced to expressing ourselves through type, certain things may be taken out of context. MonkeyPunch has a wonderful descriptive style that is both interesting and touching, because he can make us understand how he is feeling (perhaps his style is so good that we can indentify with his emotions). Nothing written in the last few posts should have offended anyone involved. I interpreted Yoda's remark as observant and attentive, meaning he must be reading all of what MP is writing, therefore trying to lift MP's spirits with his trademark caustic wit. I interpreted JRS's remark not as a judgement, but a way of comforting MP too in his own way; almost like saying he can understand what MP is going through, but it is light in comparison to his own life. Meaning--to me--that MP shouldn't be so hard on himself because, hey, it could be worse, you could be in my shoes! Which is sort of flippant on the surface but sympathetic at the core. Two different sets of humor, not meant to hurt anyone, but in their own way, meant to make someone feel better. It's just hard to convey the feeling behind text when we're reduced to communicating this way.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Perhaps since we are only able to convey a limited amount of feelings on this forum because we are reduced to expressing ourselves through type, certain things may be taken out of context. MonkeyPunch has a wonderful descriptive style that is both interesting and touching, because he can make us understand how he is feeling (perhaps his style is so good that we can indentify with his emotions). Nothing written in the last few posts should have offended anyone involved. I interpreted Yoda's remark as observant and attentive, meaning he must be reading all of what MP is writing, therefore trying to lift MP's spirits with his trademark caustic wit. I interpreted JRS's remark not as a judgement, but a way of comforting MP too in his own way; almost like saying he can understand what MP is going through, but it is light in comparison to his own life. Meaning--to me--that MP shouldn't be so hard on himself because, hey, it could be worse, you could be in my shoes! Which is sort of flippant on the surface but sympathetic at the core. Two different sets of humor, not meant to hurt anyone, but in their own way, meant to make someone feel better. It's just hard to convey the feeling behind text when we're reduced to communicating this way.
So, what Tim's really saying is this:

Calm down, boys, or we're going to have to separate you.

Is that what you want? You want to be separated?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
Where in Illinois, MP? 'Tis the land of the free, the home of the loquacious, you know. You're probably going to be up north, yes?
Normal, Illinois, actually. If all works out, I may stay, cause honestly? depression city 'round here....I feel like i need to get away.

Downs: Umm, i feel completely and utterly useless right now.

Ups: ummmm, I'll let u know....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Ups: I woke up before 3. OOO! New contacts, 100x stronger then last...I can actually read street signs and what road is ahead!

Downs: I went to sleep at 8 in the morning, had my alarm clock on for 12...woke up at 2, felt honored. Thought my schedule for school was shaping up. Ended up going to sleep at eight till 12 am, now here I am...wide ****** awake.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Downs: Umm, i feel completely and utterly useless right now.
Now stop that, we all are usefull and have something to contribute.

UPS: had a great holiday, working on my new laptop.

Downs: None

Normal, Illinois, actually.
I see... well, I wish I could tell you a bit about the place, but I don't associate with Normal folk.

I know, I know... but surely it got a smile from somebody... right?

Arresting your development
I see... well, I wish I could tell you a bit about the place, but I don't associate with Normal folk.

You found the creamy center to the silver lining of all my darkly inhibitioned cloud's. I smiled twice, smirked once and scratched myself.

Sorry to hear about a Troy. I hope your family's transition to new routines goes fairly well. Give your daughter a big hug.

Ups: I just had a GREAT sandwich.

Downs: It's sooooo hot right now.....

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
UP: I just added my 39th review to my review thread, and I'm feeling kinda happy about how they all look, together. It's nice to have done something with my time that is cumulative and visible.

DOWN: It's overcast and I've a bit of a headache.

Made me laugh.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Jrs., I'm not trying to be mean or anything… but sometimes it is all in the wording. Monkey's posts in here are no different then you starting threads about your problems…. And I am not saying that is a bad thing either… just that everyone needs to have a little consideration for the other person. We all have problems and if sharing those problems in a forum at times makes each of us feel better… I can't see where it really harms anyone. I don't think you were trying to be insulting in your post but what you did imply was that your problems were worse then his…

First of all, I understand (already) what Monkey felt. I know he probably thought, as well as everyone else unfortunately , that I don't have any consideratuion for his feelings at all. But I do .

I stated that my problem (single) was worse, yes I did, because I honestly with all my heart it is. And saying that is not being mean. Laughing at him or negatively commenting on his actual posts....that's being mean.

Now if you all are so interested to know about my problem, I just want to let you know, I find it 150% uncomfortable to even breathe a single word of it to any living soul.

If I am to say anything though, it will take literally one hell of a massive space on this thread.

I don't have time right now this evening to write it all, but when I can get to come back to this thread, I'll try and tell you.

okay, wow, didn't mean to start a war here, I misunderstood and I am sorry, ya know? I dunno, I am really edgy right now, gotta decide practically my entire future in like a month, I'm currently in a really really bad situation that i am trying to find a graceful way out of but I'm not sure one even exists, and I know i over-reacted....

Seriously. Truce. (waves a white flag)

I am really edgy right now, gotta decide practically my entire future in like a month,
Just remember what ever decision you do make is not set in cement, you can only do your best, sometimes with all the info we never know if it is right or wrong one, it is all a learning curve.

My life isn't written very well.
Hey MP. Maybe I'm out of line here, but if there is one thing I've learned in life, it's that I'm most satisfied with the outcome of a problem if I go with the toughest answer to it. What I mean is; every problem we face has either an easy resolution, or a hard resolution. In the end, after the turmoil, you'll realize that the hardest thing to do yields the better outcome. It also means you'll avoid the same problem should it arise in the future, meaning it's less likely to become habitual.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Hey MP. Maybe I'm out of line here, but if there is one thing I've learned in life, it's that I'm most satisfied with the outcome of a problem if I go with the toughest answer to it. What I mean is; every problem we face has either an easy resolution, or a hard resolution. In the end, after the turmoil, you'll realize that the hardest thing to do yields the better outcome. It also means you'll avoid the same problem should it arise in the future, meaning it's less likely to become habitual.

King of the mountain Monkey Punch, king of the mountain.
Before you get down and out... stay on top. Take out everyone else around you. Then allow them to get up. You are in control. You know when the fight is good and when to stay down.

Never mind, I'm rambling... stay away from women with kick-stands.

That's correct, kick-stands!

Besides losing my cellphone, today was the best first-day of school I've ever had! My schedule is so close to perfection it's not even funny. In almost all my classes I know at least half the people there and the teachers I got all seem excellant. The best however is English, we have like 27 students which is huge for a core class, let alone an honors class, but we all know eachother and it's just going to be an awesome class! So I am soooooooo happy, even though I know I am going to be working my butt off this year I think it's going to be a great year and I am actually looking forward to tomorrow. I do however have two test's I need to study for and a few assignments due so I must get going. God I am so excited it's just going to be so much fun, I was really dreading this year, but now it's turning out so well, I can't wait!
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

UP - The sun is shining. It's been gray and cloudy almost all summer where I'm at.

DOWN - It's 15 minutes LATER than when I should be leaving work but my ride is taking his sweetass time.

I found my cell-phone and scored pretty darn well on the AP history test, considering we had no clue to as what it was about and just the fact that it was really just an assesment to see where we were. No downs....so that constitutes yet another up for me!

Ups: Pearl Jam is coming to Boston september 28th, (a special "Vote for Change" benefit show with Death Cab for Cutie as the opener) and i truly plan on being there.

Downs: the only person i know that wants to go with me is Therese, and she is in illinois.

Ups: got a digital camera as a present from my dad.

Downs: i have no idea how to use it.