Slasher Hall of Fame

Tools    

WARNING: "Slasher Hall of Fame" spoilers below
Halloween won.

WARNING: "Slasher Hall of Fame" spoilers below
Halloween won.
Most likely, who knows though most would have said the same about Rosemary's Baby. Hopefully, Silent Night, Deadly Night does well. I was really shocked at how much I ended up liking it. Then again I haven't watched most of these.

I've seen Jeepers Creepers and Alice Sweet Alice fairly recently, so I'll watch those last.

I've also seen Halloween, Dressed to Kill, Silent Night Deadly Night, and Terror Train, but it's been a few years.

I may or may not have seen Hatchet, Happy Birthday to Me, and Christmas Evil.

I definitely have not seen Jason X.

Looks like a good line up!

I've seen Jeepers Creepers
did you like it ?? I remember you watch it but don't remember the rating you gave

did you like it ?? I remember you watch it but don't remember the rating you gave
Yea it was crazy but I did like it. I don't remember what I gave it but it was positive. Will definitely see it again for this.

Yea it was crazy but I did like it. I don't remember what I gave it but it was positive. Will definitely see it again for this.
Hell Yeah !

Let the night air cool you off
I was a little worried about getting this thing off the ground, at first we only had a handful of members. I knew all of those members were good for this kind of theme, but I am very pleased about the late additions. I am very much looking forward to this hall of fame, because it's probably going to be the most unique one.

Alice Sweet Alice - Haven't seen, but I've heard nothing but good things from people I trust. Looking forward to it.

Halloween - It will be a major upset if something were to knock this off. But unlike the horror hof where I was rooting for the underdog, I'd be very pleased to see Halloween in our hall of fame.

Christmas Evil - My nomination, so obviously it's great. I saw this recently and was blown away. It's a really fantastic and unique movie, hopefully you guys will appreciate it.

Dressed to Kill - De Palma is a stylish director, but I prefer some of his other films to this one. I did enjoy it though, and I look forward to revisiting it.

Terror Train - A slasher...on a train? Count me in. Can't wait for this one.

Happy Birthday to Me - You shouldn't judge a movie by it's poster, but if you did, honeykid's nom would easily win.

Silent Night, Deadly Night - Any movie that pisses off the moms of America will be one that I am eager to see.

Jason X - I think I've seen this one. I don't remember though, I know I've seen a handful of the kills. Another one I am excited for.

Jeepers Creepers - I saw this one when I was younger, it's probably the one I am least excited for. But I will approach with an open mind.

Hatchet - I didn't really care for it when I first saw it. Maybe it will grow on me this time? I don't know, I am weird when it comes to over-the-top splatter comedies. I love Dead Alive, but I don't like The Evil Dead. So let's see what happens.

OK, out of the first five nominated, I own four of them. I will buy Christmas Evil. I have honestly never heard of it, but I am totally fine with giving it a try. I'm really loving this thread, guys. You all are a lot of fun. I didn't say a word about my film, but there is actually a story behind my choosing it. I will send it to Justin later, and he can add it to the post. No worries, it's not long.

Swan, I love what you said about Halloween. I have a tiny story to tell there too, but that can be it's own post later. Maybe even in the Movie chat that happens later.

I've never thought of Dressed to Kill as a horror movie, yet it seems to fit the criteria of a slasher very well.
That's because it's not. It's far from being a horror film, but I deliberately went for something more offbeat. I think the slasher elements are definitely there like you said, even if in the traditional sense it isn't one.

I'm really looking forward to this, some very interesting choices and most of these I've heard of. Should be fun for sure.

There's some good stuff here. I've yet to watch Hatchet or Jeepers Creepers. I'm pretty sure I have Hatchet. Jeepers Creepers always seemed to be on TV over here, but now that I want to see it, it probably won't be. I think I've watched about the first 20 minutes, but I wasn't really paying attention so I deleted it.

I've seen all the others and I think I have them all, too, so I might give one of two of them a rewatch. Especially Christmas Evil, which I've only seen once.

Like Swan I was torn between classic and/or great or slightly less seen/unusual. In the end I went for the first one, though I don't think it's as seen as it should be.

As no one nominated it, please watch The House On Sorority Row if you get the chance. The original, of course, not the remake. TBH, if I didn't like Happy Birthday To Me so much I'm sure that would've been my pick.

Let the night air cool you off
Cool little statistic: 8 out of the 10 posters feature an edged weapon (I will count the shish kabob). There's a poster of Dressed to Kill where the figure in the door is holding a razor, I tried to find one that matched the size of the others but had no luck.

Alice Sweet Alice: Really interest me! On my watchlist since forever can't wait to see it.

Halloween: One of my favorite movie of all-time with one of my favorite vilain of all-time... Michael Myers is a beast and it probably gonna win.

Christmas Evil: Seems very good and exactly my kind of flick.

Dressed To Kill: I only like one flick of Brian De Palma and it's Blow Out but Dressed To Kill look very nice.

Terror Train: A stabber on a train? count me in.

Happy Birthday To Me: Looks like a whole fun flick. I'm excited for it.

Silent Night, Deadly Night: On my watchlist since forever and cannot wait to see it.

Jason X: Whole fun flick with one of my favorite vilain of horror. Cannot wait to rewatch it once again .

Jeepers Creepers: My nomination and I completely love it every time I watch it. The Creeper is great.

Hatchet: On my watchlist since forever. Cannot wait to watch it and very excited for it.

Brief, it's going to be great

Out of the last five nominated, again I own four of the five. I haven't watched Jason X yet, and up until this thread started, not only had I not watched Silent Night, Deadly Night, but I didn't even own it. I found it rather cheap on Amazon last night. The only film I do not own/have not seen, is Hatchet. That is the type of gore I was referring to that I can't stand. It's just not my cup of tea. If it isn't on Netflix, or somewhere else for free . . . YouTube possibly? . . . then this will be my first rental in a good 24 years.

very much looking forward to this hall of fame, because it's probably going to be the most unique one.
i'm just looking forward to what kind of discussion we're gonna get in comparing these

which slash villain has the best fashion sense?
which villain has the most absurdly entertaining kill sequences?
which villain has the highest body count?
crucial components, indeed

part of me is bummed that i didn't nominate an Elm St movie, might have been fun to cover Freddy's Revenge (1985) actually. That one gets a lot of crap yet i've found myself liking it over time. While it does have humor, it's also the last glimpse at Freddy as a more sinister type slasher lead before he went full jokester in the later sequels with tons of one-liners. Nevermind that tho, Elm St is a no-show in the first Hall of Fame

fun times ahead

Had I gone stone cold classic I'd have put forward either Halloween or Nightmare. In fact, I was going to make a rated 5 list and just tell JJ to take the first one that hadn't already been taken as my choice. However, in the end, I do like to put up something good but maybe not seen by everyone.