Movie Forum Online Script

Tools    

Do you want Ladies Man to begin writing an online film script?
42.86%
6 votes
Yes
57.14%
8 votes
No
14.29%
2 votes
Uncertain or Don't really mind
14 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Dear MoFo Members (and guests),

I have recently been absent from the forums for some time and recently began reintroducing myself to the web format. Upon returning i have found it hard to think of things to write, I do have may items of discussion but do not know how to express them. I sit down in front of my computer, skim over the content and have no idea what to write. I find many topics to my interest, example is one based on the Evil Dead Trilogy Box Set, three films I greatly admire...but what to say, how to open up...I'm blank.
What is it that I can do to make use of these forums. (And leaving or getting kicked off is not the option.)

But yes! I have an idea. I have decided to write a script online, in this very forums. This would entail me writing a short segment of the script in my own time, at intervals loading it onto the web for all to read and most possibly enjoy, (most hopefully enjoy). But it will be interactive. I'm to encourage users to read leave notes about possible corrections or additons which may include changes to bad dialogue, characterisation, believability, research (if any details may be incorrect), setting, use of words or simply the bad spelling...I'm sure there may be fair amount of that. You may even want to discuss where it may be going, further story, plot, themes, etc.

I think this is a great idea...if it has not been done before (if so it can be done again), but before I do, I want to ask you members and administrators what your thoughts on this idea is. I do not want to go into writing something, creating a new thread of such without it being accepted.

I'll leave that up to you. Do you want me to begin writing a script online, or should I forget about it...entirely. This could be really fun, if we are enthusiastic about it, make it a MoFo community experience.

Of course if I feel I need to, and want to, i will regardless the opinion.

Originally Posted by Ladies Man
I do not want to go into writing something, creating a new thread of such without it being accepted.
I'll leave that up to you.
Of course if I feel I need to, and want to, i will regardless the opinion.
Will the script be this full of contradictions?

Ladies Man, if you want to write something, write a short film or something, offline, that you actually make. Don't write something here. It's not going to assist your development as a writer in anyway. It'll be a novelty and a waste of your time.

And it's also the sort of idea that a twelve-year-old might have.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Will the script be this full of contradictions?

Ladies Man, if you want to write something, write a short film or something, offline, that you actually make. Don't write something here. It's not going to assist your development as a writer in anyway. It'll be a novelty and a waste of your time.

Full of contradictions? No...I will not make it full of contradictions.

I do write and film offline, (not as much as before due to increasing work commitments) plus that is the point of the whole exercise, a bit of novelty fun along with my usual script development.

I think you should have a go, if it doesn't work, so what, enjoy.

I think I just might.

Message to all... keep the votes coming if you must.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Don't write something here. It's not going to assist your development as a writer in anyway. It'll be a novelty and a waste of your time.

agreed