Female Heroes

Tools    

For a very long time, hero's have been recognized as being male and just crazy if one were to be female. Even right back to the Anglo-Saxons has it been the mans job to defeat the evil. Women were seen as perfect and to fragile to fight anything.

Alien was a very popular movie and succesfull, why? Because it was a Sci-Fi and concerned aliens which burst out of your stomach only to eat everything. But, it was one of a minority, it had a female hero, a female was the one to defeat the known evil. The movie is now a classic.

Other movies i know of which have female hero's are:

----The Long Kiss GoodnightGina Davis. House wife by day, but by night, still a house wife who kicks @r$e.

----Resident Evil Milla Jovavich. Who can kill a zombie in the stark nude? Millavich Can!

----M.I.B Linda Florentino. Killed that big darn cockroach!

----LOTR: Return of the King Miranda Otto. For one brief moment, she shows what women can do!

Like I said, a minority!

Any Comment, addition?

The Future Ed Wood
thelma and louise?
basic instinct?

i have to write a paper on feminism so im glad this topic came up. although there are some female heroes have you seen that no matter what film it is they always end up skantly clad

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Please check out THIS existing thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

well i liked the lesbian anal dildoh sex scene with jenniffer connelly in requiem of a dream...for that momment she was my hero
I don't know if this is a serious thing or some sick, sad attempt at something...

crazed out movie freak
Hey not to get technical, but if she's female isn't she a heroine. Hero is usually for the males. Anyhow I liked Pam Anderson in Barb Wire

Technically, a hero doesn't have to be a male. Also technically, a female doctor could be a doctress and a female singer could be a singeress. We understand those last two to be silly; I'm waiting for everyone to show a little consistency... I, for one, will never call any comedian a comedienne...

Originally posted by firegod
a female singer could be a singeress.

I thought it was songstress......

Technically, they're all actors, too.

But I do believe technically the word is heroine...

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Technically, they're all actors, too.

But I do believe technically the word is heroine...
Technically, a female who acts is both an actor and an actress. Technically, a female who is heroic is both a hero and a heroine. Technically, a female with a doctorate is both a doctor and a doctress.

Now With Moveable Parts

No kidding. It's like pick one and go with it.

Yes, it is retarded. It is retarded to have the extra name. I call people who act, actors, regardless of gender.

Yes, it is retarded. It is retarded to have the extra name.
Oh, yes. I wasn't calling you retarded, that's what I meant.

What about the Charaters these Actoresses play?
READ THE THREAD THAT HOLDEN POSTED A LINK TO!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Ladies Man
What about the Charaters these Actoresses play?
You have GOT to be kidding???!!