Making films in Australia...

Tools    

...I think it is the best idea for those who want cheap filming and secrecy for there films, it's a long way from hollywood!

What do you say?

Yes, but with the current S.A.G global rule one policy making it's move, the allure may not exactly be here for very much longer. That is to say, it will still be here, but it's only going to be relatively cheaper. Costs will rise somewhat.

While I'm not sure about this topic at all, it's an interesting question I have for some of you. What do you actually think of the whole 'keep movie making in America' sort of mentality?

sorry about that......

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
While I'm not sure about this topic at all, it's an interesting question I have for some of you. What do you actually think of the whole 'keep movie making in America' sort of mentality?
I think people should be able to make movies wherever the hell they want.

Exactly.
A lot of American industry people don't feel the same way.

sorry about that......
The sort of moment that I requested a screaming smilie for.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
A lot of American industry people don't feel the same way.
Well, you know what they can do...

well here is a question for you SB. If you do become a movie creator, director, Anything. Would you rather make the films here (in australia) or in America? and why?

I'm going to make films where the films need to be made.
I'm going to study film in America and then, depending on where the film is set, the time, the place, that's where I'll go to shoot.

Remarkable.

What if you need space for your sets? Like in Star Wars, they set up sound stages in Sydney and filmed outside in desert locatons and such...

Well, I think Knightmare was implying that I'd make films in the U.S.A. but okay.

I don't believe in set shooting. I hate it. Hate the idea of sound stages unless its for blue screen work. The director of Oblivion is making sets, which is cool, I guess, but he's also actually got a place to shoot in (a warehouse) and I prefer that idea.

I like the idea of on location.
It's the epitome of real.

Anyway, as I said, if I need sound stages, I'll go wherever there are some available that have what I want and do what I do. Some of Moulin Rouge was shot on sound stages in Spain. I'm up for Spain.

I'm planning on shooting everywhere at least once. Remember, I'm not famous yet, and I may not be at the end of it all, but I will follow my dream and the celluloid and shoot where things need shooting. I want to shoot a film in Paris, just once. I want to shoot in England, London, just once.

I'll go where I need to go thankyou all the same.

Edit:
And for your information, they didn't 'set-up' sound stages in Sydney. Those sound stages were already there.

The best places to film on sets is either in England of Australia. (My Opinion). Two places far away from hollywood. This keeps up the secrecy of a project and budget open.

DON'T argue with me.

If you want to visit a site of an Australian person who likes films, go to:

WriterDirector

DON'T argue with me.
To Hell with that:

International projects may have more secrecy attached, but you can't argue that they keep the budget open (and I do believe you mean low when you say that). Sure, they might now but soon, they're going to just as costly. People will see the oppertunity to cash in on it and they will!

And more to the point, what the Hell are you on about anyway?
I said a) I don't like shooting on sets and b) who cares where a set is. Believe it or not, Spain isn't in Hollywood either. When was the last time you heard secrets leak from Spain.

By the way, in regard to that really, really, really well made site, cough, director is spelt director with an 'o', not with an 'e'. You might want to work on that if you want to be a writer. Spelling is important.

And Crash was brilliant. Formatted perfectly and everything.

Where would you be able, on all of earth, to find a place that looks exactly like the inside of an Egan Researcher which is in the middle of space? SET SET SET! SETS are for those things you can't find in real life. You can go to spain if you like, 'I' would prefer the two places mentioned.

Me, being Australian, would like to rebuttle on Australia raising filming cost to 'CASH IN'. We see the unnessisary HIGH costs for filming and actor fees for America.

I save the minor spelling corrections up to my Editor (who happens to be off school at the moment in Fiji) my webmaster will fix your problem, soon.

Originally posted by Ladies Man:
'I' would prefer the two places mentioned.
That's nice. I too have opinated things that you went nuts over.

Originally posted by Me:
a) I don't like shooting on sets
Originally posted by Me:
I hate it. Hate the idea of sound stages unless its for blue screen work.
Originally posted by You:
SET SET SET!
This is called hypocracy.
We learn to despise hypocracy, or to laugh at it.
Excuse me a moment:

Besides, I never said I wouldn't use sets, just that I don't like them:

Originally posted by Me:
Anyway, as I said, if I need sound stages, I'll go wherever there are some available that have what I want and do what I do.
I know you never said that I said I wouldn't use sets. I just thought I'd cover that ground all the same.

Me, being Australian, would like to rebuttle on Australia raising filming cost to 'CASH IN'. We see the unnessisary HIGH costs for filming and actor fees for America.
Me, being Australian, would like to rebutt (as opposed to rebuttle, which isn't the act, but the practice of rebutting) this comment:

Very naive of you. Are you in the industry? No?
Well, that makes two of us. But if you think for one moment we're not going to try to make more money, you're wrong, because that's what people do, especially people in such positions. And anyway. I never specifically said Australians were trying to do this.

Consider:

Originally posted by Me:
People will see the oppertunity to cash in on it and they will!
The word 'people' does not translate, suprisingly enough, as 'Australian Film Industry Bigshots' or even 'Australians in General'. I was actually reffering to the heart of this thread which you may or may not have read.

Neither would really suprise me:

Originally posted by Me:
Yes, but with the current S.A.G global rule one policy making it's move, the allure may not exactly be here for very much longer. That is to say, it will still be here, but it's only going to be relatively cheaper. Costs will rise somewhat.
Prices will rise if these goes forward not matter what you would like to think. Wow.

Where would you be able, on all of earth, to find a place that looks exactly like the inside of an Egan Researcher which is in the middle of space?
In a really bad film.

I save the minor spelling corrections up to my Editor (who happens to be off school at the moment in Fiji) my webmaster will fix your problem, soon.
Firstly, it's not minor, your title at the top of the page is spelt wrong. Secondly, it's not a 'spelling correction', it's a spelling mistake. Thirdly, how do you 'save minor spelling corrections up to your editor' anyway? Surely you mean 'save minor spelling errors for your editor' or 'pass on all minor spelling errors to your editor' and not what you wrote which makes no logical sense?

Oh, and finally, it's not my problem man;
It's yours.

no

I mean 'spelling corrections' which means save it for my editor to correct it. I'm leaving the correcting up to him. See, I wouldn't know untill he points them out and corrects them. There not errors if I don't know. And anyway, soon my editor will correct them.

Forget that now!

I like hotdogs!

Yes but you cannot, and I quote, 'save minor spelling corrections up to your editor', unquote.

Even if it was minor, which it isn't, you can't 'save the spelling corrections up" to him. You can save them for him. But not to him. Your syntax is wrong and for that reason I shall not forget that now, you call yourself a writer.

And I dissapointed that you didn't come back with a better argument. I guess that proves something then.

"By his silence he condemns himself." -- Andrew May, Pravda

Wait a minute!

We can't go on like this, we can't argue about something we have two different opinions about which will never change. Were the people who will cradle the erath on its next journey, it is up to us to clean Hollywood up and make filming on location and on sets a satisfying experience for all of us. Who cares about our differences in language, event colloqual. We must make a good example and respect others and there beliefs.

Lets make up and move on to different arguments which won't effect us as deeply as this.

What do you say?:)