Rank's 20 Top Entertainers of 2001

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Rank is a show on E! Here's who they chose.

#20. Jennifer Anniston-whoopie. she's having a baby on friends.
#19. The Rock- I don't get the attraction to this guy. he looks funny.
#18. Mel Brooks- he's this great comic, getting a fresh start in a brodway show with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. It's called the Producers.
#17. Paul McCartney- They should've tributed George.
#16. Sara Jessica Parker- Golden Globe for Sex in the City. Blech. Hate her. Hate the show.
#15. Johnny Depp- amen. three movies this year. Blow was the best.
#14. Denzel Washington- I guess some people like him.
#13. Rene Zelweiger- Golden globe for Nurse Betty. Bridgett Jones's Diary. Both great.
#12. Madonna- She is SO cool. 24th #1 single this year, with Don't Tell Me. She rocks.
#11. Reese Witherspoon- My girl! Even though Legally Blonde, blew, I still love her!
#10. Kelly Ripa- Loved her on All My Children. Don't watch Regis. Happy for her though.
#9. Ray Romano- okay.
#8. Britney frickin' Spears- 'Scuse me while I chuck chuncks. Slut-Beast!
#7. Eddie Murphy- I don't care enough to care.
#6. Destiny's Child- I used to like them...now I'm tired of lookin' at them. They are everywhere!
#5. James Gandolphini (sp?)- Love him. Sexy. Funny. Scary.
#4. Julia Frickin' Roberts- I haven't the strength.
#3. N*SYNC- um...why?
#2, Jennifer Lopez- Stay with acting. Except not sh*t like the Wedding Planner.
#1. You Guess. If you saw the show...don't blow it. This person gets a <<<<little hint.

#1 is obvious. Is this thread for us to list ours, or just to discuss E!'s list? Anyway, I like The Rock...he's a good singer, pretty funny, in great shape, and very confident/charismatic. I have no choice but to admire him. Can't agree with Sarah Jessica Parker or Mel Brooks...Brooks' "shotgun humor" isn't my bag.

The Producers on Broadway was one of the funniest things I have ever seen, even better than the movie.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I have never really liked Destiny's Child. All of their songs usually stay with a three word tune. Got annoying after the 3rd song. Here's some examples:

Bills, Bills, Bills
Jumpin, Jumpin

Forgot some of the others, but you get the idea. I know jumpin jumpin isn't three words, but still, a title shouldn't have one word more than once.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah. Let's make the most use outta this thread. Post who you think should be on there too. Keep in mind, it's only for news worthy entertainers of 2001. So who do you think the #1 spot went to?

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah...move it. I wasn't sure where it would fit in best. Actors, directors, awards? Lists? Just put it where you want.

Nope, it's not Brad! Ha-Ha!

If they did, it wouldn't bother me much. Just an easy way to encompass the whole industry that it's become...the whole Harry Potter deal is pretty bloody entertaining.

Now With Moveable Parts
nope. It wouldn't have got a smiley face from me, if it was Harry f*ckin' Potter.

Wait, I got it: Nicole Kidman. A high-profile divorce, two hit movies in Moulin Rouge and The Others, and The Hours, an Oscar-bait pic with an all-star cast (Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Ed Harris, Miranda Richardson, Toni Collette, Allison Janney, John Reilly), coming too.

I was gonna say Cruise because of all the divorce stuff, but he's only had one movie this year and it was just released. I'll go with Nic.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah. Shoot. Holden guessed it. It was Nichole. All the media attention with the divorce and her two movies she turned out this year, stuck her at number one.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Yeah. Shoot. Holden guessed it. It was Nichole. All the media attention with the divorce and her two movies she turned out this year, stuck her at number one.
I should've known that one. She's got the cover of my Entertainment Weekly and it even says that she's Entertainer of the Year. Garsh...

Now With Moveable Parts
I used to hate her. She always played these snobs. Like in Far and Away, Malice, then To Die For...but I actually loved her in To Die For, it was like she was doing a parody of a bitch, and I thought, if she can parody a bitch...then she must be able to see beyong herself to play one...so I ended up liking her.

Now With Moveable Parts
No. Julia is beyond redemption. She is so far past my good graces, the road back would snap her self esteem in two!* evil laugh* Perish Julia!