RIP Joe Flaherty, 82

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
When all the kids were watching SNL I was watching SCTV and loving it. Joe Flaherty was one funny guy on that show who had a number of repeating characters. One day I'm going to track down and watch SCTV again.
For anyone looking for SCTV, try YouTube. I watched a bunch of old sketches last night. They stand the test of time!

For anyone looking for SCTV, try YouTube. I watched a bunch of old sketches last night. They stand the test of time!
Thanks, I haven't looked for SCTV yet, one of these day. When I do I'll want to binge watch all the full episodes in order. I hope it's available somewhere to stream?

Thanks, I haven't looked for SCTV yet, one of these day. When I do I'll want to binge watch all the full episodes in order. I hope it's available somewhere to stream?
Not that I could see (I use JustWatch.com to find things), which is why I turned to YouTube. They do have a bunch of full episodes up. A lot of people (not just SCTV officially) have uploaded various sketches and episodes, it seems. Plenty to choose from!

Also, full seasons are available on DVD through Amazon. I might have to do something about that...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=SCTV&crid...f=nb_sb_noss_1

I just looked and didn't see full seasons, just some other realated SCTV dvds. Maybe I need to look on amazon.ca eh?
They're mostly multi-disc sets (5 or 6 discs), some of which are in chronological order, others gathered by topic or "best of..." status. Probably as close as we're gonna get to full seasons on DVD, I suppose. Close enough for government work!

They're mostly multi-disc sets (5 or 6 discs), some of which are in chronological order, others gathered by topic or "best of..." status. Probably as close as we're gonna get to full seasons on DVD, I suppose. Close enough for government work!
I don't know why they don't just have season by season packages. There has to be a market for completists out there. (I was surprised at the price of the 4 Vol. set = $281.96 WHOO!)

At one time I also mused about buying a complete set, I don't remember if I didn't because I couldn't find such a set, or it was too expensive or a friend talked me out of it (I do remember he said, "It didn't age well." Just his opinion obviously.)

Streaming? is SCTV streamed anywhere? I haven't looked as I'm not big on streaming but would do it for SCTV.
I use JustWatch to find out where things are streaming (free or paid). SCTV doesn't even come up in their search (as SCTV or Second City TV). But I have been watching a lot of their old stuff on YouTube, including a longer sort of documentary where the actors are interviewed (in various circumstances over the years, not for the documentary) and that was fun to watch too. Some longer "episodes" are also on YT (23+ minutes each), and individual sketches abound. In a pinch, it's been scratching that itch for me.

I use JustWatch to find out where things are streaming (free or paid). SCTV doesn't even come up in their search (as SCTV or Second City TV). But I have been watching a lot of their old stuff on YouTube, including a longer sort of documentary where the actors are interviewed (in various circumstances over the years, not for the documentary) and that was fun to watch too. Some longer "episodes" are also on YT (23+ minutes each), and individual sketches abound. In a pinch, it's been scratching that itch for me.
Thanks. I use JustWatch in the past and it seemed like it was mainly showing me results for pay streaming. When I searched for the same shows using Roku I got some different apps/channels that had the show I was looking for. Think I'll check Roku to see if SCTV can be streamed free or pay on one of it's apps.

I'm pretty sure the Canadian version of Amazon Prime streams SCTV. Or maybe I'm just imagining that because I assume that should be mandated here.
I wish I knew how to search amazon.ca prime. I went to their site and didn't see how I could search what streaming content was available.

I did search on Roku today and nope nothing. *Except as Austruck mentioned SCTV is on youtube.

I wish I knew how to search amazon.ca prime. I went to their site and didn't see how I could search what streaming content was available.

I did search on Roku today and nope nothing. *Except as Austruck mentioned SCTV is on youtube.

I checked, it's not there.

There was definitely something SCTV there a few months ago, but whatever it was, it's gone.