X-Men The Movie!

→ in
Tools    

Hi Chris,

First off congrat's on the new site. I think it was a good idea and hope it's successful for ya!

I haven't seen X-Men yet, but can't wait till I do. I have been a comic book fan for quite sometime. I only hope they do as well with the other upcoming movies based on comic book characters as I have heard they did with this one. Anyway I posted a review at http://movieforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3 for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I'm going to see it tonight - it's just out in the UK...

I'll report tomorrow...

Peter

Just now? Man; how did you survive this long without it? The movie is utterly fantastic. Do yourself a favor and do NOT come in even 5 minutes late - there's a very powerful (and clever) opening scene.

X-Men the movie is simply fabulous, I have watched it and loved every part of it.

I suggest all to watch it.

Never seek the wind in the field - it is useless to try and find what is gone - "Kane & Abel by Jeffery Archer"

I couldn't agree more...when I finally get around to posting some reviews and other such things on the site, among them will be an already-written review of "X-Men" that praises it endlessly.

Welcome to MovieForums Lazarus!

Hi Chris,

Thought I'd give 'that' thread a rest for a minute to post my thoughts on X-Men.

Excellent. To be honest I was expecting to be disappointed. Usually these types of films have to spend so much time introducing the characters that they lose out on being able to get a plot up and running. But this managed to get it going.

The effects were great, but that is almost compulsory now.

I think it is crying out for a television series. As the technology for the production of effects improves and the costs drop I think we may see it. I doubt they could afford to have the same actors though. They'd be a great source of story-lines though, the usual fighting crimes type ones, conflicts within the groups and best of the finding of new mutants, some good, some bad etc.

I think the sequel (is there going to be one) will follow the story of the experimentation on Wolverine.

That's my thoughts,

Now back to the other thread again!

Peter, er George, whatever

It should definetly be interesting...some rumors indicate the whole Jean Grey/Phoenix saga will be played out if the series runs long enough.

As for a live-action version...its always a possibility, but I'd rather have a bunch of good movies on their own.

I liked The X Men but for the ammount of money they spent on it they should have made it MUCH better.
Also they needed more of the X men characters from the comics!

Hi olly:

There are more characters set for the sequel..it wasn't easy to fit anymore in the way it was, though, since a lot of time had to be devoted to explain the whole world to everyone.

In addition, they spent VERY little money considering it was such a big movie...just $75 million to make, and it made twice that. Titantic, for example, cost something like $300-350 million.

Thanks for joining MovieForums!

Man, how far we've come in only 15 short years. Comic book films have grown by leaps and bounds all thanks to Singer's X-Men opening the door!

Man, how far we've come in only 15 short years. Comic book films have grown by leaps and bounds all thanks to Singer's X-Men opening the door!
I don't think I've ever seen a person resurrect a 10 year old thread.