Indiana Jones IV

Tools    

Star Wars and LOTR, I can understand, but Harry Potter??!! That's absurd!!! That delusional witchcraft crap in the top ten? Bull****! There has to be a mistake!
Yeah....I'm sure somebody at 20th Century Fox or wherever forgot to deposit that extra $200,000,000 in the bank and ROTLA was short changed.

Well, if Indiana Jones is not in the top 25, what can I say? Obviously the masses don't know quality when they see it
You've made your entire thread completely ireelevent then! You can't ask if this is the most anticipated sequel of all time....then when it's proven that it probably isn't, then say the masses don't know anything. Wouldn't those "masses" be the one's who decide what's popular and anticipated to begin with?

- Crow

"C'mon..."
"No...no John."
"C'mon...."
"No...no...no John"
"I'll drive."
"Ok."

-Stripes

BANNED
Originally posted by Draven009

You've made your entire thread completely ireelevent then! You can't ask if this is the most anticipated sequel of all time....then when it's proven that it probably isn't, then say the masses don't know anything. Wouldn't those "masses" be the one's who decide what's popular and anticipated to begin with?
Well, we shall see. When the camera starts rolling next summer, I'll bet that the public interest will show itself. If not, then at least I can say that it is the most anticipated sequel of all time . . . by me, at least!

I know that i'll be there oline waiting to get my Indiana Jones IV tickets.....how can you beat indy, hes just the coolest.

BANNED
No argument there!

BANNED
The latest news about Indy IV from theRaider.net:

Philadelphia Daily News interviewed John Williams
Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - Gilles V

The Philadelphia Daily News has an interview with famous composer John Williams. Williams has made his first appearance at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts yesterday night conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra. Here's an excerpt of the interview mentioning Indy 4:

Q: What will your Mann program be?
A: I've chosen the "Liberty Fanfare," three pieces from "JFK," a suite from "Harry Potter," "E.T." and "Star Wars," and some music from the "Indiana Jones" films.

Q: Will there be another Indiana Jones picture?
A: Yes, the script is written. Steven and George (Lucas) talk about it every day.

Click on the link above to read the full interview. Thanks to TheForce.net for the news.

Producers Kennedy and Marshall talk about
'Indy 4'

Friday, July 11, 2003 - Gilles V

Indiana Jones 4 producer Kathleen Kennedy and executive producer Frank Marshall recently talked with SCI FI Wire.
Kennedy said she expects Ford, Spielberg and Lucas to defer their usual salaries in lieu of a percentage of the film's gross receipts to ensure a reasonable budget for Indiana Jones 4. "First of all, they don't need (the money)," Kennedy said in an interview. "If they all want to do it, they're going to do it because they really, really want to go work together again and make another Indy movie. That would be the only motivating reason."
Frank Marshall told SCI FI Wire that screenwriter Frank Darabont is still writing the script, despite reports in June from Ford that the script was completed. "That's Harrison," Marshall said in the same interview. "He's hopeful. It's in the process of being done."
Marshall added that the filmmakers are working hard to make sure it is not just a half-hearted sequel. "It's basically the same kind of story that we had in the first three movies," he said. "It's up to us to maintain the integrity of the project. That's why it's taking a long time on the script. We want the story to be good enough."

Kennedy acknowledged Sean Connery's suggestion to Entertainment Tonight that he'd like to reprise his role as Henry Jones Sr., saying that it was a possibility. "He might show up," she said. But Marshall dismissed Connery's statement that his office had heard Spielberg would not direct. "No, Steven's doing it," Marshall said.

Click here to read the original news message at SCI FI Wire.

Darabont and Marshall talk about
'Indiana Jones 4'

Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - Gilles V

In the latest Entertainment Weekly issue appeared some new quotes from screenplay writer Frank Darabont and producer Frank Marshall about the fourth Indiana Jones film:

"I'm the world's biggest Indiana Jones fan," says Darabont, who wrote for ABC's The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (and adapted and directed Stephen King's The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption). "I'll trip all over myself to work for Spielberg."

"Frank understands who the characters are," says Marshall about the writer. Shooting stars in mid-2004 for a 2005 release. Don't assume that Ford, 61, who hasn't cracked a whip since 1989's The Last Crusade, needs to team up with a young buck for the next adventure. "We're sticking with Indy on his own," Marshall adds. "He still gets around pretty good."

Thanks to Coming Soon! and Ryan for letting us know.

Spielberg not directing 'Indy 4' news is false!
Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - Gilles V

Earlier today, Coming Soon! reported that The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen star Sean Connery talked to Entertainment Tonight about his possible involvement in Indiana Jones 4. While Connery said he's interested, he also revealed that, according to his contacts, director Steven Spielberg is off the project.

Connery says, "All I know is that somebody called the office and said that Steven was not doing the movie. That Harrison had in fact verbally agreed to do another one. And would I be interested? But of course I would, I had a very good experience with it. Disappointed to hear that Steven wouldn't be doing it. But in the end it always gets down to how good the book is, the script is, and if it's really workable."

Rest assured my fellow Indyfans, this news is false. Sir Sean Connery must have been misinformed.
Lucasfilm has informed me that the script for Indiana Jones 4 is going forward and none of the plans have changed. Steven Spielberg will certainly direct the fourth Indiana Jones film.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Ohhh. Thats Steven news made had me worried.

BANNED
Yeah, well, fortunately, it isn't true.

A novel adaptation.
I've heard many a rumor that has Tom Stoppard doing polishing work on this one. Which is far too perfect to be true, but it'd be nice, wouldn't it?

BANNED
Here's the latest news about Indiana Jones IV from theRaider.net:

Frank Darabont talks about Indiana Jones 4
Saturday, August 9, 2003 - Gilles V

Alameda Times-Star Online recently talked with Indiana Jones 4 screenplay writer Frank Darabont. In the interview, Darabont talks about his film career and his work on the fourth Indiana Jones screenplay:

"I absolutely don't want to do things like having him say, 'I'm getting to old for this s---,' " says Darabont. "I don't want to be slipping and sliding in cliches. This character is no longer in the 1930s. He has to age honestly. He's got to be in the 1950s."

He doesn't sound too worried about taking on such an indelible character. Darabont likes going from the director's chair to the screenwriter's lair.

"Clearly, you are using different muscles," he says. "One is a very isolated, focused endeavor. The other is a wildly not isolated incredibly focused effort."

He describes working on the Indiana Jones script as a "total blast." Darabont worked with Spielberg on the film Saving Private Ryan, doing uncredited screenwriting work.

"Let's face it, what's not to like about Indiana Jones," he says. "I saw the first movie in 1981, five years before I started my writing career. Who knew I would grow up to write the sequel."

The screenplay for the fourth Indiana Jones film is in good hands!

BANNED
The latest on Indiana Jones IV from theRaider.net:

Ford is delighted to revisit Indiana Jones
Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - Gilles V

Harrison Ford is currently overseas promoting his latest film Hollywood Homicide. While talking to NineMSN about his disturbance towards the US policy on Iraq, his country's gun laws, the film industry, and Indiana Jones 4.

However, he used the opportunity to announce he will shortly be back in a big hit of his own in revealing that Indiana Jones IV is now scheduled to hit screens in 2005 - despite reports of problems with the script.

"There is a script in preparation for Indiana Jones IV. It's come a long way. if we can get to be happy with the progress of the script we'll start shooting in the summer of 2004."

"I'm delighted to get back to that character and work with (director) Steven Spielberg again. I'm delighted to revisit Indiana Jones."

No new information but it's always great to hear Ford talking about the fourth Indiana Jones news.

Enemies are so stimulating.
im looking forward to this movie. i love the other films. the indy character is just so good and i loved the last one when connery was in it...he was so funny. i love it when he scares the birds away with his umbrella and then walks past indy with that look on his face. lol.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

BANNED
I agree! That was one of the funniest moments in the Indy movies. What made it even more funny is to see Sean Connery playing the role of a Victorian medievalist. (Well, not exactly Victorian, but close enough!)

BANNED
More from theRaider.net:

Darabont talks about Indy 4 in Cinepremiere Magazine
Sunday, August 31, 2003 - Gilles V

Emilio López has let me know that the latest issue of Cinepremiere Magazine (Mexican edition) has devoted the cover and a 9 page article to the upcoming DVD release of the Indiana Jones film trilogy. As far as Emilio knows, this might be the first time the magazine cover features a film that is not currently playing on the movie theaters.

The Cinepremiere Magazine also includes a Blockbuster ad to promote the presell of the DVDs. You can reserve your copy with $10 and receive on October 24 - along with the movies - a special edition bag similar to the one used by Indy in all the films.

The 9-page article included a brief behind the scenes story on all 3 films (the same info we all know). But the most interesting part of the 9 page article was a small note on Indy 4. The journalist that wrote the note is Vera Anderson and she mentions that while researching her note, she realized that there are very few official facts regarding this project. So she tried to contact Frank Darabont to see if he could provide some information. Shortly after that, Mr. Darabont sent her a brief letter and she published the letter.

Here follows an English translation of this letter from Frank Darabont:

"I'm sure you understand that the project right now is top secret. I promised Steven Spielberg and George Lucas that I was not going to reveal any specific detail regarding the story. All I can tell is the same things that have been published already: The story takes place in the 50's, Harrison Ford will play Indy again, and Sean Connery will reappear as Indy's father. Steven will be the director. and George Lucas will be the producer. Shooting will begin in July 2004 and the film will open some time in the summer of 2005. Out of that, any rumor you may find on internet has no sense (usually the net has no sense!).

On my part, all I can tell is that I've been a huge fan since I saw Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1981. And after 22 years of loving this character and his world, I feel an indescribable emotion while I realize that I've been given this great opportunity to work on this latest project from the saga. I felt in heaven while writing the script and blessed to work so close with Steven, who is a film genius and one of the best persons I've ever met. Truly, he has been an inspiration to me...

I'm sure you will be interested to learn that I had a previous Indiana Jones experience before writing this script. In the early 90's I was lucky to be one of the seven writers to work with George Lucas on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series. I wrote eight scripts and seven of them were filmed. I hope you will find this information helpful.for your report. Good luck with your story. All best, Frank"

Special thanks to Emilio López for the info and translation of Darabonts letter.
Ford says Indy 4 is probably his next film
Thursday, August 28, 2003 - Gilles V

Harrison Ford was interviewed on the RI:SE morning show on Channel 4 in the UK this morning talking about Hollywood Homicide. Ford looked very disinterested with the interview but when the interviewer asked him about Indiana Jones 4 his eyes seemed to light up.

Harrison Ford said that it was probably his next film; he hadn't read the script yet but knew what was going on with it, and shooting should start in the late summer of 2004. When asked if the fourth film will be shot in the UK again, like the previous three Indy films, Ford stated that it is likely the majority of the shoot will take place in the United States.

I would like to add something to the news message here above. Since Harrison Ford just said that the majority of the shoot will take place in the US, many people now wonder if this means that there will no longer be exotic locations in Indy 4 where Indy is looking for artifacts.
What I think the interviewer asked to Ford is if Lucasfilm will again use the London based Elstree Studios for the fourth Indiana Jones film, as these studios were also used for the indoors shoots of all three previous Indiana Jones films.

I'm only guessing but it might be that Harrison Ford means that they will not go back to Elstree Studios but do it in studios located in the United States instead. If that's the case, we will still get such exotic locations as in the previous films.

Special thanks to Dene Kernohan and Gib for letting us know.

Indiana Jones IV: Empire Online talked with Producer Frank Marshall recently who revealed the next film will rely more on practical effects than computer-generated trickery - "One of the things I enjoy about these movies is that they do recall the old cliffhanger serials of the thirties and forties. We didn't have computer effects in those days, we couldn’t easily erase things and I think one of the unfortunate by-products of the computer age is that it makes filmmakers lazy...In Raiders, that's a real ball rolling behind him so Harrison really is in some danger running in front of that; these are real situations and that adds to the excitement and the creative energy on the set. We're not done with the script on Indy 4 but I think we're going to try and rely, like the first two movies, on realism and not try to do too many things with the computer...When you start getting into computers you get fantastical situations like in the Matrix or movies like that. We don't want that, we want exciting heroism, we want seat-of-your-pants, skin-of-your-teeth action. We didn't have all the money in the world on the first films and we want to keep that B-Movie feel. We want to make Indy 4 like we made the first three".

BANNED
Yeah, in the wake of the computer-generated overkill, I think we are seeing a trend of the return to the low-budget film as an art form! Rocky VI will also be a low-budget film without extravagant special effects. I think it should make for some engaging viewing!

BANNED
Bad news for Indiana Jones fans. This is the latest from theRaider.net:

Darabont talks about his Indy IV script
Monday, February 16, 2004 - Gilles V

Indiana Jones 4 screenplay writer Frank Darabont explained to Ain't It
Cool News why his script didn't get green lighted from George Lucas.

"The short and simple version of the Indiana Jones 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself. There is talk of enlisting another writer. Given that George is the producer, but even more so because of their long and close friendship, Steven is deferring to George in this situation.

It is now up to them to try to find a common ground regarding the film. I wish them luck and hope their efforts result in something they're both excited about shooting. What, if anything, might remain of my work at the end of the process is anybody's guess, assuming the film even gets made at this point. As for me, I'm disappointed, but I'm putting the experience behind me and moving on with my life and my own projects."

The future of the fourth Indiana Jones film currently looks dark but let's not give up hope! The makers were looking forward to begin production on Indiana Jones 4 somewhere in this summer. But it currently looks like it will have to wait till somewhere in 2005.

Thanks to Ain't It Cool News and Frank Darabont for this explanation!!

Spielberg likes Darabont's Indy IV script
Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - Gilles V

Variety reported 2 days ago that Steven Spielberg liked the Indiana Jones IV script written by Frank Darabont. Here's what Variety wrote:

Steven Spielberg liked the script. George Lucas , his partner, didn't. So last week, the umpteenth attempt to revive "Indiana Jones" at Paramount got stalled one more time.

It's a very short news message but it's more positive than the previous Indiana Jones IV script news.

More on the Indiana Jones IV script delay
Saturday, February 7, 2004 - Gilles V

E! Online News reported a bit more information on the Indiana Jones IV script delays yesterday:

"They'll be some more script work," says Spielberg rep Marv Levy, who could not say exactly how long production would be delayed or how it would affect Paramount's targeted release date of July 4, 2005.

If the script problems don't get solved soon then Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford might not even begin filming on Indiana Jones IV until 2005. And these delays also bring an other problem: the studio also needs to have the schedules of Ford, Spielberg and Lucas synchronized to be able to begin filming Indy IV.

Luckily we Indyfans have already learned what patience is because we will need it now more than ever before.

Click here to read the full report by E! Online. Stay tuned...

Indiana Jones IV on hold again...
Thursday, February 5, 2004 - Gilles V

Bad news fellow Indiana Jones fans: Variety reported today that the highly anticipation reunion of Spielberg, Lucas, and Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones IV is on hold again. Lucas was unhappy with Darabont's script so they are now looking for another screenwriter.

Here's what Michael Fleming from Variety reported on this:

The long-gestating reunion of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford for a fourth "Indiana Jones" pic is on hold -- again -- as a new script draft is commissioned. Paramount had hoped to reunite Indy with his whip and Stetson hat and get back into production on a new "Indiana Jones" pic in 2004 for a 2005 release. Frank Darabont had been brought in to script a concept the trio liked, but sources close to the production said Lucas was unhappy with the draft. The Indy troika will now bring aboard another screenwriter to hone Darabont's script.

Spielberg had no comment on his plans. Spielberg, Lucas and Ford have been trying for nearly a decade to mount one last Indiana Jones adventure, on the condition that all three had to love the concept and script before proceeding.

Finding an availability window for Spielberg, Ford and Lucas is daunting, and it is now looking like a 2005 production start at the earliest.
Ford, meanwhile, is considering other assignments, and Spielberg is likely to move on to another project The Rivals.
Spielberg is also said to be interested in a secret project said to be making the rounds.

Click here to read the full report.

And special thanks to Steve Esposito for letting us know.

I think the movie will definately make the the top 25. the other three might not be there but i think the fourth one will top them all money wise and really may well be the most anticipated sequel ever. I think the people who are doubting the amount of money it will rake are going to be surprised.

what do u guys think of this? any possiblity it isnt BS?

The final Indiana Jones movie is coming out sometimes in 2006, not 2005. The name is going to be Indiana Jones and the mystery of the lost shrine. heres the plot:

Its going to be in China/korea, the enemy is the soviets in the cold war. The soviets wants this anceint chinese tomb shrine to enrich its military and nuclear power. Dr.Indiana Jones wants the shrine to unreveal the mystery of the ark from the previous 3 movies. Anyways, Indiana Jones went to the autonomous region in mongolia and went insearch of the shrine........

The ending will be the death of Indiana Jones, he sacrifcied his life for kate in the end. America, with the shrine, will defeat soviet's nuclear attack with its supernatural power...however, the ending will be another mystery.....