Matt SPAMs

Tools    

I just thought I'd tell you about this, as the chances are I'll be doing a lot of talking about it in the coming months.

Last year, via the Internet, I wrote a feature-length screenplay called Oblivion, which may or may not be getting it's name changed to Midnight in a Perfect World, we're not sure yet. It's being produced in Calgary, starting principal photography on the twelfth of July and wrapping on the twenty-eighth.

I won't lie to you. It's being produced by myself and the director/co-writer, and we're both, well, sixteen. But you know me, don't you? I'm not your average sixteen year old!! And nor is he. But still, we are sixteen, yes, and what we're doing seems a little out of the ordinary, a little bizare, well sure. But a feature-length film is going to look good on our applications for film school, no?

Anyway, loosely and quickly, the story is about five people who find themselves trapped in an underground shelter after a nuclear war. Up until yesterday it was set in 2006, close to home, nice and scary, but we've changed it so as that it takes place in an indistinguishable time and place. The characters basically go mad. It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a graphicly visual feast for the eyes (or at least it will be). It's sort of weird and bizarre. Sort of on the lines. We both went a little madder writing it.

The cast, I don't know, and I've got pictures of some of them, but I think the website will too in a couple of days when the parts are finalised. They're professional actors. We've got a profesisonal casting director and production designer. It's very bizarre. It's a real professional gig. It's all going down.

Now, the SPAM:
The Oblivion Website

Go on, take a look if you're interested. You'll be hearing more about it as the shoot starts and the highlight of my day is constantly stuff to do with the film. The nutty little tab we have running will be packed.

I'm not going to ask any of you to straight out invest.
But if you wanted to you could e-mail me....

I'm done.
Sorry.
Done.

mate, we have our differences and this is script is minory strange, but this script is brillent in quality, you WILL have my support, whatever you need, if its money, when do you need it by?

EDIT: i admire your honesty (for once )

Hell, whenever. I honestly didn't expect an offer from anyone.
If you've looked at the investor package on the site, then, well, whenever. Within the next seventeen days, really. Before school ends for the semester. But yeah. Thanks.

Have you asked the businesses around here Matt? I will see what i can do 17 days isnt much time but i should be able to pull together a bit of money

why not? they have money. You need money, they give money if you ask nicely, i mean we made $250 bucks for the school production, a MOVIE your making is bound to get at least that much and more, i think.

No!
We don't want big business investing because they want something on their return. Private investors put in less money and expect less. We don't have a lot to give people in return for pouring money into our film.

Christ, let it go!

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
And you could have let sleeping dogs lie...
It's funnier to wake them up...they get really mad. Especially if they're having one of those dreams that causes them to move their legs as they lay. My old dalmation Daphne used to do that all the time...she'd even give tiny barks in her sleep while "running." It was hilarious.

Originally posted by Yoda

It's funnier to wake them up...they get really mad. Especially if they're having one of those dreams that causes them to move their legs as they lay. My old dalmation Daphne used to do that all the time...she'd even give tiny barks in her sleep while "running." It was hilarious.
HAH. Right on. All the dogs I've ever owned or known have done that. It never gets old.

And, Matt. Never let anyone tell you you're sixteen. If they say that, just give 'em a blank stare: "I'm WHAT?"

Because you're not.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
And you could have let sleeping dogs lie...
i supose, but you should know by now, i like to know anwsers, it satisfies my curiousity

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
That is great that you wrote a full-length screen play, good luck in getting into film school

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS