What does everyone do for a living?

Tools    

Oooooo...I really like that idea. I'd wanna join in, but I'd probably only have boring non-fiction stuff to offer.
Hey, non-fiction, too--there's all kinds of markets for essays and stuff like that. I've been thinking about trying to write more non-fic stuff...

And just 'cause it's non-fiction doesn't mean it's boring. Don't be so hard on yourself, Master Jedi!

And you, too, Patti! Don't just fantasize--make it reality!

Morbida
Originally posted by patti

well, i'll have to check with my cabana boy to see what's on the schedule........my cabana boy is having a "thing" with thmilin's cabana boy. but shhhhhhhh don't tell her. she'd be crushed.....or, rather, she'd crush him in bring in another.

but seriously, that's a great idea.....for those of you who write.....i just fantasize about writing.

nice avatar Xetoxic

THanks

So my darling ladies (and Chris, who is not a darling lady...) how are we going to go about this? This story ring?

I think it should be seperate to MoFo.
Someone start it. I would, but I've got school all the time and a heap of commitments there. But whoever does, just ask for help and I'll pitch in.

I'm excited.

I think it should be seperate to MoFo.
Me, too--but I'm not sure how to go about setting something like that up... I know d*ck about computers and the Internet. Could it be as simple as just getting all the addresses and then sending out your stuff to everybody at the same time? Could we do it entirely through e-mail?

Hmm. Somebody help me out here... I feel like Donnie, and Donnie's out of his element.

"You're outta your element, Donnie!"

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

Thmillin, there's always e-mail... Sades has already been subjected to my deathless prose (and gave some very helpful feedback, I might add) and she's supposed to be sending me something of her own. Where is it, huh??? Step up to the plate, woman!

We could all set up an e-mail ring for stories, screenplays, poetry, and whathaveyou. I'm for it--who's comin' with me...
Hey, hey! I will send you something, you just gotta wait till I find something I already don't know is good. (kidding of course, dang...put the knives away! )

I'm game for the whole "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" thing. Let's do it. We could just start with one person's work...and that person emails to one person...then we can just keep forwarding it to each other, whoever is on the list. I dunno, I'd like to see everyone else's comments. Chris, you should figure this out for us.

We are serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Thanks, Chris!

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm serious.

Ya' know why that's funny? Because I didn't even use the word "surely." Okay, I'll look into setting up something basic. Should be do-able. I'll have a lot of free time this weekend, so I think I ought to be able to throw something together.

Ah, the benefits of geekdom.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I'm serious.
No, you're not. You're Sadie.

Kids today... forgettin' their names...

Jeez, that was lame. It's too early in the morning to be witty, I suppose.

Now With Moveable Parts

No, you're not. You're Sadie.

D'oh. *cringe* bad jokes make me angry! Lynch Mary Lo!!!
*picks up her torch and pitch-fork*

Mary Lo submits to the lynching, but dies with her head held high, defiant to the end.

ROLL CREDITS

Now With Moveable Parts
awww...*sniff*...Mary Lo.

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!
Mary Lo takes Sadie's hand. She whispers, "I... forgive... you...," sounding like the wheelchair kid on Malcolm and the Middle. Sadie shakes her head, but with her dying breath, Mary Lo says, "There... is... another..."

As Sadie weeps, Mary Lo's hand goes slack. Her head falls to the side, even if she hadn't had it raised up before.

END CREDITS

The test audiences hated the original ending.

Now With Moveable Parts
--ENTER APPLAUSE SMILIE(that we should have had a loooong time ago (hint hint)--

Bravo, Mary Lo. Bra-Vo.

Thank you very much--be here all week.

And remember, the 11:00 show is completely different from the 9:00 show.

And remember, the 11:00 show is completely different from the 9:00 show.
I hope so, for your sake.

Wow, this thread is WAY off-topic.

Wow, this thread is WAY off-topic.
I dunno--melodrama's my bread and butter. Well, my imaginary bread and my make-believe butter.

So. Yeah, off-topic.

If you want to know what I really do for a living, check out my Profile. That whole "graduate student/teacher" thing's just a smokescreen...

hey, i'll come for the eleven o'clock show!........and Mary-Lo.......it is grand having you join MoFo.....a perfect addition i must say.
......now we need thmilin to visit more (i know, i know, ya' can't play at work, but i miss ya' thmilin!),....... and lest we never, NEVER lose miss sadie!!.....ahh the delights of mofo banter. i love it.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
......and Mary-Lo.......it is grand having you join MoFo.....a perfect addition i must say.
I must say it too~ and now, a song:

"Isn't she lovely?"
~Stevie

Patti, I miss ya. Email me.