IQs

Tools    

Well, I took it last night. Did pretty well. To appease Brodie, I won't post it publicly. I was tempted to buy the whole profile thingy they offer...but it's pointless, really. 146, yeah, seems good to me, even if the thing isn't too accurate. They claim to be impressively accurate under those circumstances...but I dunno. It's fun anyway.

i went out and bought an IQ test booklet at a Barnes and Noble a couple of years ago when i was feeling "mommy dumb"...home with my little girl (an infant at the time) and no other social contact......i've always been pretty smart in school and all, yet i've made some pretty moronic decisions in my time. so?......smart is as smart does?

i took the test in hopes of scoring high and reassuring myself i hadn't lost my brain completely. kids just suck it out of you!! i scored either 124 or 142.....no points for memory that's for sure!! but i was pretty happy with it. i know it doesn't prove much but it made me feel better.
i'd love to take it again. ......maybe i'll check out one of the online tests.

.......but i would agree that tests vary quite alot and also that there are plenty of incredibly insightful, or wise, etc. people out there who wouldn't necessarily score high on a standard IQ test.

also......some pretty whacked people had high IQ's.....ted kazinsky (sp?), ted bundy.....yikes!
let's not forget Hannibal Lector.

the High IQ celebrities i have heard about are james woods, jodie foster, and sharon stone.

Rock God
lol..... we're ALL super-geniuses for having the good taste and obvious brains to be active MoFo members.

let's just leave it at that. *brownie points*

This has always been a big thing in our household. Intelligence. My mom's IQ is 174, my grandfathers was really high apparently. He took his a long time ago when he signed up for the Marines. They told him they couldn't measure it but it was over 200. My dad never knew his, but my dad was a math genius and that's about all I know. He invented some kind of calculator or something. Whatever. Anyway, my mom never told me mine, but 140 is supposed to be a significant number and when I asked if it was over that she said yes. But I'm glad I don't know mine because it sort of puts a label on you. It makes you underachieve if you don't think its high enough. I'm against them personally because they don't test all the levels of intelligence you can have. According to some smart guy (cant remember his name for the life of me) there are 7 levels whereas the standard IQ test only tests 1 of those levels. I

I took the test at IQtest.com, and i got 169. i have always been smart though

Originally posted by matrixmaniac
I took the test at IQtest.com, and i got 169. i have always been smart though
Methinks you need to talk with this dude:

Rock God
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
This has always been a big thing in our household. Intelligence. My mom's IQ is 174, my grandfathers was really high apparently. He took his a long time ago when he signed up for the Marines. They told him they couldn't measure it but it was over 200. My dad never knew his, but my dad was a math genius and that's about all I know. He invented some kind of calculator or something. Whatever. Anyway, my mom never told me mine, but 140 is supposed to be a significant number and when I asked if it was over that she said yes. But I'm glad I don't know mine because it sort of puts a label on you. It makes you underachieve if you don't think its high enough. I'm against them personally because they don't test all the levels of intelligence you can have. According to some smart guy (cant remember his name for the life of me) there are 7 levels whereas the standard IQ test only tests 1 of those levels. I
don't worry about it.

really, it's not worth losing sleep over.

i know i know....but in our house, its like, if you dont do well or excel at something, to the guillotine for you. You should see my mom when we discuss school, I ended up dropping out for various reasons. I got my GED and Im gonna head to college, but in my house, there are no exscuses. dun dun dun dun!!!

Movie Vault Extraordinaire
I haven't read the rest of the thread, so please excuse me if I am repeating anything.

IQ's are not an adequate measure of intelligence, nor should they be.

I hang out in #mensa in both Undernet and Efnet, and I usually argue with some people just to get some debate going; I've found myself easily win the debate when it was me versus 6 other mensans many times..

Well, It's just that IQ tests are very very unreliable, and simply do not come close to measuring a persons true intelligence..

I forget what mine is.. I did a couple tests (peer pressure at school + boredom) a few years ago, did pretty well, that is, did pretty well for a logic test.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I believe i had a 120 on mine? i took it on the internet so i don't know how accurate it was.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS