IQs

Tools    

I thought I'd continue this here.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
That's exactly the way I feel. Though I doubt most of us have taken formal tests. Mine have all be casual...some of those online ones and such. Not terribly reliable...more of just a general number. It'd still be interesting to see where everyone stands. I'd bet the numbers would be surprising.
There are some very reliable tests on the internet; I'll see if I kind find some. Make sure you don't get distracted. I once took an unofficial IQ test, and scored about 30 points less than normal, because I ran out of time with 9 unanswered questions.

mine is 156.

Not based on structuring sentances, it seems...

On average I'm 126.
Which is fine by me. For now.

We need a sly smilie....
Like this one:
Attached Images

I might be making a stupid mistake here, but I'll do this. When I was 9 my school gave me an IQ test, and I got 165. Now, that is with the age factored in. If an adult took the same test and had the same results, I think he would have received a score of about 130. A few years ago I downloaded an IQ test, the kind primarily used to test for admittance to Mensa. I got 152 on that.

IQ tests measure several different types of intelligence, but not all. There are ways I am a complete idiot. I know someone who got 110 on an IQ test, and is better than I am at trivia games. What really counts is how hard you try to improve yourself; those with a 200 IQ might accomplish very little in life, while those with not much more than half of that might excel at a very impressive level.

Rock God
i took an IQ test on the internet and it said mine was 140-something.

i have a feeling the internet versions of IQ tests aren't as comprehensive as the official, though.

at any rate, the average is what?....... 100? 110, maybe? we're all smarter than that.

Mine was of an official type. I know what you mean, though. Type "IQ tests" on Yahoo, click on "Category Matches" and check out the sites they have to offer. USELESS.

I've never taken a formal IQ test. I took the one on IQTest.com at least a year or two ago. I got like 150 something. It says you can take it again after 6 months, so like 8 months later or something I took it again and got over 160...but I'm convinced it's got a significant margin of error.

I'd like to take a real one at some point. But it seems a little vain, so I won't, for now. I know my dad took some Mensa test and was accepted, but never joined, too. I like that. He's a smart guy.

Rock God
Originally posted by firegod
Mine was of an official type. I know what you mean, though. Type "IQ tests" on Yahoo, click on "Category Matches" and check out the sites they have to offer. USELESS.
it may be true that the internet tests are far from completely accurate, but don't you think some of them have more validity than others? they can't all be shams.

why do you scoff like that? who cares anyway?

Nah, they aren't all shams, but I couldn't find a single official type IQ test in the Yahoo IQ category.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I've never taken a formal IQ test. I took the one on IQTest.com at least a year or two ago. I got like 150 something. It says you can take it again after 6 months, so like 8 months later or something I took it again and got over 160...but I'm convinced it's got a significant margin of error.

I'd like to take a real one at some point. But it seems a little vain, so I won't, for now. I know my dad took some Mensa test and was accepted, but never joined, too. I like that. He's a smart guy.
I'll try to check out the IQTest.com site tonight.

I think they may've changed it. I'm not sure. Anyway, I'll take a look, too. I might take it again. I think I've taken it a few times...I know my highest ever there is near 170, and my lowest just under 150. So it's not to be taken too seriously, IMO. As much as I'd love to believe I have an IQ of 170, I don't think I do.

Rock God
wow, you guys are obsessive and prone to bragging.

um, i guess if it mattered i would retake it. honestly, it doesn't, though. there's absolutely no reason for me to feel that a number is a true indicator of how smart i am, how well i'll do in life or how people should view me.

i would love to see the IQs of gandhi, martin luther king jr., jfk, edison, dickens, etc. somehow i doubt those guys spent that much of their time worrying about test results.

Rock God
thank you. please don't take the prone to bragging thing as an insult by the way. i'm a bad winner, myself.

it is sort of interesting to find out, but there's very little point in making a competetion out of it.

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to. Commish and I were interested in what everone's IQ was, and we were both reluctant to say what ours are, but I finally decided to take the plunge. I thought I would probably get this kind of response. It's ok.

Well, I don't worry about this stuff much...if I did, I'd take more than some less-than-10-minute online quiz thing. I have no plans to take an actual test. I do find it kind of fun to take the short ones, though. I like challenges. EDIT: just saw your reply now. Yeah, I worry about that a lot. I'd never just blurt something like that out...and I dunno what my actual IQ is anyway. It's a sensitive subject. No matter what your IQ is, it's not usually going to come off well when you post it publicly.

Rock God
what did you guys get on your SATs? i got a slightly-higher than average 1200. i suppose i could have done better, but i waited until the last minute (senior year) and i didn't study. i only took it once, accepted my score, and forgot about it.

i was pretty satisfied considering all of my friends got 900 - 1100. i read somewhere that 1000 is about average, anyway.

i should have applied myself and shot for 1300, i know i could have gotten it easily. 1400+ is sorta rare, though.

I haven't taken the SATs. If I were going to, I'd be taking them right about now...but I don't think I will. So, I can't really say what I'd get. I mean, I'm sure I could do fairly well if I threw myself into it...and I still may, just to know that I could have done it. But as of right now, I've got no plans to.