Movies in the public domain (free AND legal)

Tools    

I didn't think he was necessarily scary, just weird. I saw a few opportunities I'd have taken in getting the gun away from him but talk about a situation that just keeps spiraling from bad to worse! I was on the edge of my seat for the last half of the movie.

I also watched:

Horror Hotel aka City of the Dead yesterday.

This one is also a B&W Christopher Lee horror flick (1960) about witches still existing and practicing black magic in modern society. There's blood sacrifice, there's stake burning, there's suspense, drama and horror! Just the way I like them.

The film also stars Venetia Stevenson who should be no stranger to folks who watch movies from the 50's.

Very well done.

Well, if it works, I may as well give this one a try . . .

George A. Romero: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

It's on the Mofo List. I asked about it, and was suggested to give it a try.
OK, here's another mofo list film, this one being from the BFI's Top 100 British Films . . .

The 39 Steps (1935)

Colour out of Time
In lieu of my fax pax in opening a new thread ... i shall attempt to redeem myself with ...

Das Kabinett des Doktor Caligari ( The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari ) (1919/20)

A classic example of German Expressionism ... enjoy

OK, so I lied, and I found this thread.

I'm probably having way too much fun with my birthday present, but I have found that these movies load right to it, without having to be reformatted. If any of you have a Zune, or IPod, etc . . . I'm assuming they all load the same, try a bunch of these out on it.

Thanks again Sir Toose!

Thanks You Are Right

A catalog of free and legal MPG's to download for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.archive.org/details/feature_films

I found Rashomon, Nosferatu and many others films whose copyrights are now public domain. Heck there are even some Roger Corman classics for those who like the creature features (like me).
I bless you for this bounty. I am not worthy.

Here's more:

IMDB has a new watch online feature. A directory of available movies can be found HERE.

I'm surprised at some that are available there.

Have fun and DO watch The Thing!