Slow Horses

Tools    

WARNING: spoilers below
So Spider unfortunately is dead. Great character, brilliantly acted by Fox

Is Duffy dead too? Because that would be a real shame. Terrific character to play.

So Spider unfortunately is dead. Great character, brilliantly acted by Fox

Is Duffy dead too? Because that would be a real shame. Terrific character to play.

Yeah I am assuming Duffy died, considering he got whacked in the head by a concrete block.

I’ve never seen a tv show that zips along so fast. Compare it to another AppleTV + show - Severance - that began at about the same time. We have yet to see season 2 of Severance whereas Slow Horses had two seasons in its first year.

Almost done with season 3. Seems to get better each year.
This season was received very positively.
Just bummed Spider & Duffy are gone.

WARNING: "Slow Horses, season 3" spoilers below
Yeah, I was kind of surprised about Spider. Loathsome but a good character, and I thought maybe a quasi-redemptive arc would've been interesting. And even if not, when he got punched into that car, I laughed because I thought to myself "oh, this is what'll keep happening, he'll keep getting almost killed and every season we'll hear about how he just got out of the hospital again." But no. He survives a gun shot but then gets killed by a single punch. I'd say it's silly but if I'm being honest, that's exactly the kind of stupid, random thing that happens.

Great show, can't wait for more.

WARNING: "Slow Horses, season 3" spoilers below
Yeah, I was kind of surprised about Spider. Loathsome but a good character, and I thought maybe a quasi-redemptive arc would've been interesting. And even if not, when he got punched into that car, I laughed because I thought to myself "oh, this is what'll keep happening, he'll keep getting almost killed and every season we'll hear about how he just got out of the hospital again." But no. He survives a gun shot but then gets killed by a single punch. I'd say it's silly but if I'm being honest, that's exactly the kind of stupid, random thing that happens.

Great show, can't wait for more.
Don’t think Spider was a candidate for redemption, but I would be ok with that arc if he were still with us. You probably know that this actor is a scion of the famous Fox family of British actors: Edward, James, et al, female Foxes too.

I feel worse that Duffy is dead because I love this actor & I’m going to miss him.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Everyone knows this show is great, but man. After watching season 1…

I don’t recall a show being this tight and engaging with an almost perfect tone. There is no filler.

A couple of the characters seem like they are just there to get killed off, but that’s not a bad thing.

If I was forced to make one critique, it’s hard to believe some of these people work for an intelligence agency. Even if you’ve been sent to the minor leagues, you had to be good enough to go pro in the first place.

Great TV Show. Love the soundtrack too.
Was surprised though that Sid Baker (Olivia Cooke) had to die so sudden after 3 episodes only.
She probably got summoned by King Viserys I Targaryen (Paddy Considine) to become his beloved young wife - the Queen Alicent Hightower That was sad. I kinda liked her more as Sid Baker.

If I was forced to make one critique, it’s hard to believe some of these people work for an intelligence agency. Even if you’ve been sent to the minor leagues, you had to be good enough to go pro in the first place.[/font]
Look at the people they have in the “major leagues”, as it were. They don’t seem exactly brains of the universe either. For example Spyder (Web).

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Look at the people they have in the “major leagues”, as it were. They don’t seem exactly brains of the universe either. For example Spyder (Web).
That makes sense.

Maybe the MI-5 are more aggressive, cutthroat, etc. The intelligence may be the same, but a few of the SH posse don’t seem as ambitious.

Then again, I could see little episodes showing how each got there. Now they are broken, yadda ya and resigned to their fates.

Cartwright(?)(Mr. Hair) reaks of the “coach the best player” the hardest. If he makes it, he is an achiever. If not, it wasn’t meant to be. Who else but Lamb would be a choice to vet him? Plus, his family connection and the mistake he is being “punished” for, was not his fault.

His story arch seems ripe for tropes and possibly subverted.

That makes sense.

Maybe the MI-5 are more aggressive, cutthroat, etc. The intelligence may be the same, but a few of the SH posse don’t seem as ambitious.

Then again, I could see little episodes showing how each got there. Now they are broken, yadda ya and resigned to their fates.

Cartwright(?)(Mr. Hair) reaks of the “coach the best player” the hardest. If he makes it, he is an achiever. If not, it wasn’t meant to be. Who else but Lamb would be a choice to vet him? Plus, his family connection and the mistake he is being “punished” for, was not his fault.

His story arch seems ripe for tropes and possibly subverted.
Sure, some of the SHs have given up. Slough House doesn’t exactly inspire one. Dickensian offices with dusty old files all over the place.

Poor Cartwrong, none of his “attributes” have helped him at all. I see in a trailer that he has a new hairdo. Love it.