I don't like Stars Wars...

→ in
Tools    

The Fat of the Mailbox
and I'm not afarid to admit it.
I'm not saying their a bad movies though, quite the opposite, their a classical masterpiece (well the first three anyway).
I just didn't like it personally.
Actually I can't comment on the new one's, I never saw them.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You're lucky, then.... Actually the new one's are alright, but nowhere near the originals. I used to love Star Wars as a child, then it got so huge with the special editions and the prequels and lucas never going to release the originals on DVD without his half @ssed "Improvements" that I just soured on the whole thing.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I disagree. I think AOTC is up to part with the originals. I think it's good enough to be considered "worthy," one way or another. I also think TPM gets a bad rap...it's a little on the dull side, but I think it's more a victim of riduclous hype than poor quality.

The new ones will never compare to the old ones for me. But I belong to the generation that saw the old one's in the theater as a kid, so I'm sure that's why.

TPM to me was bad. Bad choice for a kid. Bad choice for a side-kick. And total overkill with the effects. Maybe if I was 12-16 when I saw it in the theater, I would've enjoyed it more...but alas time just keeps

..hiccup...snuffle...passing ..a.a.awwayyyy....
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The hype for TPM was too much only because the movie was fair rather than great. If it had been as great as the movies in the first trilogy, the hype wouldn't have seemed ridiculous at all.

Yo dont like Star Wars? Theres something wrong with your brain.......

I think TPM was fine, and ATC was up there with the others, ill be just as excited for the 3rd episode, as i was for one and two.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Originally posted by mecurdius
Thers something wrong with your brain.......
HuH?

We like the first trilogy better, so there's something wrong with our brains? I have yet to meet ANYONE who thinks that the latter releases are better than formers.

no no no i meant rubyblood not liking star wars, your first trilogy views make sense, all of them were better. Ill edit it.

Originally posted by mecurdius
no no no i meant rubyblood not liking star wars, your first trilogy views make sense, all of them were better. Ill edit it.
Ohhhhh, I get it....<----(in my best beavis voice)

Enemies are so stimulating.
yeah i remember watching the old ones when i was about 8,9,10ish. i havent really watched them all the way through since then but i do remember loving them. i like the new ones too. i think im quite easy to please film wise though.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

The Future Ed Wood
i never used to like the originals when i was young but as i grew older i love them more and more. TPM does get a bad rap but think about it, its the start of the entire story so it is bound to be slow. like the fellowship of the ring.

the story of the original is better but the special effects are amazing in the new trilogy. YODA!!!! that scene i loved so much i went out and bought a yoda backpack

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

What I hated about TPM is that it seemed geared mainly towards children. All of them are a kids delight, but this one had Jar-Jar Binks! And that smarmy, cute, perfect haircut, clean nails, no scars or blemishes, SLAVE!!! He's a slave, how can he be in a such perfect state? And don't get me started on the big fish eats the bigger fish, the bigger fish eats the even bigger fish, and the even bigger... OVERKILL!!!! I really don't like that movie.

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

HuH?

We like the first trilogy better, so there's something wrong with our brains? I have yet to meet ANYONE who thinks that the latter releases are better than formers.
Well, AOTC was my favorite of all of them. If you do any research on my posts you'll find me berating the film before it's release. I'm officially eating my words now. AOTC was dark, edgy and action packed... more like the very first film before we got Jim Henson and the Muppet Show involved like in Empire and Return. HC did a fantastic job of portraying an Anakin in deep pain and rebellion.

I'll sort of agree with you on Phantom Menace though... all it really did was set the stage for the rest of the story. I liked Jake what's his name, no problems for me. It pissed me off that Darth Maul died though.... he could have caused major strife in the upcoming films.

The Fat of the Mailbox
theres nothing with my brain...
usually

Seraph of the Void
Had Sebulba succeded in taking "ani" (sheesh my skin crawls just thinking Vader was once called ani) out in the race, then possibly the whole Jedi council being hunted and killed thing might not have ...or will...or something...er happen...er happened...I don't know.

And when did Grand Moff "let's treat Alderran like a clay pidgeon"Tarkin come into the picture?

And do you know the muffin man?
"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

Yes the orignal trilogy was better than the new ones, but Lucas is a master at what he does. And I give him full credit on Both Ep.1 and Ep.2. TPM wasn't a fantastic movie, but I give it credit for what it was worth. AOTC was a great movie in my opinion, not better than the original trilogy, but it was good, I can't wait till it comes out on DVD. I think alot of people are being to harsh on the new movies. I give George a huge applause for every single Star Wars there was, and the one that there still is to come.

You won't have to wait too much longer: the R1 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones DVD streets on November 12th, 2002.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It would have been better if there was a trilogy of sequals than prequals.

I myself am not to keen on them, but you gotta respect the ideas behind it, someone to create space battles and bucketheads successfully without making them horribly stupid (minus Jar jar) must take alot of brains. and I respect George Lucas for that, even though I prefer the older set of star wars films alot more than the new.

I See You When You're Sleeping
From the third onwards - yeh. Then the cartoon 'droids' follows.