DTS question

Tools    

I have a question maybe somebody can answer. I just bought the Die Hard Collection and when I select the DTS audio option the DTS logo comes up and all that stuff but there's no sound. I have other dvds that when you choose DTS sound is coming out as the logo is being displayed. Does this mean that there is something wrong with the dics? Am I not actually getting DTS sound? Thanks for any answers.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Well first things first.
Does your DVD player and your Amplfier actually support DTS playback?

Every piece of Home Cinema kit I`ve ever seen that is able to support this sound format has had the DTS logo clearly emblazoned across the front of the DVD/Amp,whatever.

Is it there?
I`ll be surprised if it supports DTS and it`s not there,but check your manuals just in case.

Yep, all my equipment is fairly top notch so DTS is supported. I just popped in The Mummy and again the DTS logo with the piano or whatever came up, but no sound again. I threw Gladiator in as a test and there was sound with the DTS logo. So, Die Hard 1,2 and 3 along with The Mummy didn't have sound during the DTS logo but Gladiator did. Any thoughts on that?

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Well as your kit is up to scratch and supportive of DTS, I suggest the best way to find out if these DVDs are indeed faulty is to try them out on a Friends (DTS) system.
If this isn`t an option,then take them back to the place of purchase and try an exchange...maybe you just caught a faulty batch.