I'm not sure when this movie came out... The 80's, the 90's, recently? Or possibly the 70's. I don't know, but the movie starts out with a girl who's father died recently. The mother and the daughter are left alone (I think the mother is a drug addict, or alcoholic or something). The mother ends up running into the ocean and drowning to death, and some old lady holds the daughter back from rescuing her.

Later when she is alot older, she gets married with a charming young man, but it ends up that the man is plotting to murder her and get her money, because she is very wealthy. He plans this with another girl I think (and I remember this scene, where the woman and the man are standing in the kitchen, and the man gets a knife and wraps it around a washcloth).

The wife thinks her mother is out to kill her, or she thinks she's back from the dead or she's either paranoid or traumatic or something like that. I remember (if they're getting married or not) this one scene at a wedding, funreal or something like that, and she goes to some kind of garden shed and is chased by what appears to be her mother and she goes flying into the room and faints, and her husband catches her.

Also, there is the ending when one of her friends (a cop, or dective - not for sure) watches her husband die in a car accident. They are about to have sex in the bedroom, and the woman (already knowing her husband is trying to kill her) says she'll be there in a minute. When she goes into the bedroom, she notices that the man she thinks is her friend, is actually the husband that was trying to kill her. The husband kills her, I'm sure. I don't know if I'm describing 2 different movies, or 1 movie, but it has been bugging me forever, can somebody please help me out?