Song of the day

Tools    

I only know one bikie. I wouldn't touch a gun anyway.
huuuhhh. I was asking if Mr D shot those cockies with a gun or camera. If it was a gun then come and shoot some of them that invade my street every day with their raucous sqawking. They are noise pollution.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Today I just heard this song, I don't know what language is this but I just love the music and tune of this song Awesome, do listen and thank me later.
He was basically regarded as a prince when I was in Pakistan. I bought a stack of his cds for my world music collection. when I was leaving. Nusrat died back just before I got there. According to wiki he was widely regarded as having the finest voice ever recorded.

He was basically regarded as a prince when I was in Pakistan. I bought a stack of his cds for my world music collection. when I was leaving. Nusrat died back just before I got there. According to wiki he was widely regarded as having the finest voice ever recorded.
Oh wow Good to know that you have so much information about this singer, where are you currently living? and why do you went to Pakistan?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh wow Good to know that you have so much information about this singer, where are you currently living? and why do you went to Pakistan?
I live in Aus. I went to Pakistan for a holiday. I always try to get into the music and cooking culture when I travel.

Could listen to this on repeat for 2 hours without a problem.

Hi music fans - glad to see your songs posted during my brief absence - busy time for
me. (-plus I am usually out and about in summer)

So here's a few comments on the songs and music pieces.
@Derek Vinyard. - this is a song I may not otherwise hear but for your post . I kept thinking of Dylan, who broke the mold on the June/moon/spoon lyrics tradition when he snarled at a false, malicious ex friend- "I wish that for just one time, you could stand inside my shoes, you don't know what a drag it is to see you."
Here, your narrator , being driven to the breaking point, succinctly snarls: "Shut up! "
Jmho , not all poetic lyrics have to be about moonlight and romance- and to me this song follows ol Bob in laying it on the line.

@spookiemoviemania The Righteous Brothers Version of Unchained Melody is considered a classic by many. Not quite a torch song, but close, it tells of an aching heart and an undying passion.
The classical selections are great music - background or foreground music- I particularly liked the selections from Paganini ( rousing concerto) Bach, Chopin and Beethoven- extremely moving version of the Moonlight Sonata.

Carry on music lovers please f eel free to share whatever song in your heart your day inspires.
And to paraphrase General MacArthur- I shall post again.

LL spookie please. No formalties with me. Of course your absence can be explained by summer activities (half your luck.. I am stuck inside trying to keep warm) and your busy life.
You also like classical? My fave piece is Tschaikovsky's Piano Concerto. Did you listen to the Little River Band signiture ballad Reminiscing..beautiful song. I have tons more if you promise you will come on here, listen to them and tell me if they are good or cr**. I value your opinion.

So familiar but I 'm not realtly sure. David Bowie? Upbeat and sensual music, I will take another listen to this band.

I like Iva Davies- the music is really catchy, and also in the spirit of Beach Boys and Little River Band - the kind of music you want to put on the car radio as you zoom along to the beach ( in your little deuce coup?) open the windows and put the top down. Heck, if you don't have a convertible, get a Swiss Army knife and peel a hole in the roof

In my room is a little more introspective than the rest, but still has those great harmonies the BBs perfected. . Reminiscing has a sultry swing to it. I like this Aussie pop group and see they've been around for quite some time.

It's funny you're playing this music now spookie b/c you're heading into Oz winter, but this music is just right for me-,I feel like it's 'summer music' - and if I'm not at the beach or pool, makes me feel I' m there right now.

This song by Jean Redpath can almost be a hymn on how to live. Today was a beautiful Summer's day. My favorite season. But due to this severe allergy season, I wasn't as upbeat as I usually am in this glorious weather - and certainly not as energetic. Did not take my usual nature walk but sat outside my grocery store - that thoughtfully had provided a bench outside. As the sun went down, and the breeze cooled the day; I decided to just sit awhile and enjoy whatever I could of this day; the glimmering blues and greens of summer, the decorative roses and yellow lilies , families walking their smiling toddlers and a little sparrow too young to fear any harm from a human ( well he was right not to fear me) who hopped to my feet and looked up fo me like a little feathered angel.

How can one not be happy on a day like this? . How can I keep from singing? . M

So familiar but I 'm not realtly sure. David Bowie? Upbeat and sensual music, I will take another listen to this band.

I like Iva Davies- the music is really catchy, and also in the spirit of Beach Boys and Little River Band - the kind of music you want to put on the car radio as you zoom along to the beach ( in your little deuce coup?) open the windows and put the top down. Heck, if you don't have a convertible, get a Swiss Army knife and peel a hole in the roof

In my room is a little more introspective than the rest, but still has those great harmonies the BBs perfected. . Reminiscing has a sultry swing to it. I like this Aussie pop group and see they've been around for quite some time.

It's funny you're playing this music now spookie b/c you're heading into Oz winter, but this music is just right for me-,I feel like it's 'summer music' - and if I'm not at the beach or pool, makes me feel I' m there right now.
LL you are back on your thread. Bowie yes. Both have an incredible range. You are also commenting on my posts.. and favorably. that pleases me. If you like LRB, Iva & Icehouse, Beach Boys.. we do have similar tastes after all. In My Room is a song of reflection also and somewhat melancholic. Do you wanna hear some more of Icehouse? I will now listen to yours.

Lovely song LL. Is she Irish?
You sound lyrical..almost poetic in that earlier post. I can picture you sitting there..smiling happily as you take in the final throes of your summer day. I too take a daily walk in keeping with my healthier lifestyle I outlined on The Health thread. You are certainly a nite owl.