GoodBye from PLite!!

Tools    

They hate Scott Randall/
Wow, that was a weird site. I'm surprised they have any members at all! What was that stuff about passwords? If you lose it they won't give you another one? You have to use your real name, no nicknames? That's THE strictest bb I've ever seen!

And doesn't limiting it to just a first name kind of limit the number of people who can join your board? I mean, if Homer Glompus is already a member, can Homer Simpson then not join? Or do they allow first and last names, just not first and last names run all together?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh my god, you don't know how happy i am to see PLite actually posted here. no reference to my melons but I was sort of wondering about the point of arguing about and over someone we care about who up and disappeared. got the url for the other forum, will lurk for a bit and venture words ...

thanks for clearing that up, sunfrog. i really expected to come back and have people post "just shut the hell up" in which case i don't think i would have been back for a looooong time.

PLite: Anyhoo why should I even mention Jean Marais on this forum when hardly anyones even seen an old French film? Have you? Has anyone? You see my point? How can I use my movie knowhow in a forum where hardly anyone has seen the films I like?

Honeypoo, you know what? You are so prolific about things that most of the time when i logged into movieforums gazillions of PLite posts would have passed by and IF I ever saw something by you about film it'd be in discussion already and i'd be late so i'd just not answer. Or, it wouldn't be something I'd seen. things flew by, info overload. That, and I have no clue who Jean Marais is. BUT - I watch old French Movies.

AND - I saw Beauty and the Beast too ... see, you don't know till you ask/say ...

Steve N: PLite, you're missed. I hope one day you'll come back and we can talk old french movies all you want.

Yes, you are. And I hope so, too.

They don't, most likely. That's just one of the 10 million reasons why their methods are stupid. Imagine those policies in place here! Your username wouldn't be acceptable, Ryan...in fact, I wonder if anyone's would. Is Arthur Dent's real name "Arthur Dent"? That makes one, if so.

What I don't understand is why people keep saying this message board should be focused more on movies. That's all fine, but what relevance does it have to the INTERMISSION forum? This forum is not supposed to be focused on movies, so examples of non-movie related "crap" shouldn't be taken from this forum.

If some newbie comes here to talk mainly about movies, they shouldn't click on the Intermission forum.

Oh and Chris, no my name is not really Arthur Dent. It's from the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, by Douglas Adams.

what the issue is concentrated on, Arthur D, is coming here to MAINLY post in the intermission forum. That's like crashing a wedding reception for the food and not the couple or the family. you shouldn't be there. you should be at Sizzler.

and ... even if you occasionally post in movie related areas, why'd you join? the reason should be for movies, and just like the intermission of an opera or a film, you are stepping OUT - briefly - to take a break. you don't go to the movies for the intermission. you go to the movies for the movie ... etc. that IS why it's called that, and why Chris created the forum area.. it's an added bonus, to give people a break and a chance to connect outside of the general purpose, but it's not meant to REPLACE the original purpose.

you don't go to games for half-time. you don't go to school for recess. you don't ride planes for airplane food or the movie or the hot stewardesses. etc ...

Originally posted by thmilin
what the issue is concentrated on, Arthur D, is coming here to MAINLY post in the intermission forum. That's like crashing a wedding reception for the food and not the couple or the family. you shouldn't be there. you should be at Sizzler.

and ... even if you occasionally post in movie related areas, why'd you join? the reason should be for movies, and just like the intermission of an opera or a film, you are stepping OUT - briefly - to take a break. you don't go to the movies for the intermission. you go to the movies for the movie ... etc. that IS why it's called that, and why Chris created the forum area.. it's an added bonus, to give people a break and a chance to connect outside of the general purpose, but it's not meant to REPLACE the original purpose.

you don't go to games for half-time. you don't go to school for recess. you don't ride planes for airplane food or the movie or the hot stewardesses. etc ...

Not to be incendiary... but the old adage about "one who lives in a glass house should not throw stones" certainly holds water in this case. If you search your posts you will see that they weigh heavily on the intermission side. I'm not trying to start anything but there is a lot of fingerpointing here and the post count in intermission continues to rise steadily. Maybe it's time to admit that everyone enjoys intermission and all are equally responsible for it's exponential growth.

I don't think Miriam spent most of her time in the Intermission Forum. She spent her fair share, yeah, but so have I. No one is saying Intermission is necessarily a bad thing. And yes, I deleted Kyra's post: all it did was basically talk about meeting Toose at the new forum...no offense, but it's pretty rude to do that here on my forum, a competing forum. Please email each other personally if you want to talk about such things.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
I don't think Miriam spent most of her time in the Intermission Forum. She spent her fair share, yeah, but so have I. No one is saying Intermission is necessarily a bad thing. And yes, I deleted Kyra's post: all it did was basically talk about meeting Toose at the new forum...no offense, but it's pretty rude to do that here on my forum, a competing forum. Please email each other personally if you want to talk about such things.
Here's what I have to say about Kyra and her friends...quit coming here to pick up on guys,S*** girls,you all sound terribly desperate.It wouldn't be so bad if you knew ANYTHING about movies,but you don't.I read in the general movie disc.that you're only 15,does your mommy know you're out internet fishing? Half of the guys on this forum are older than you sweetie and the other half would have shown interst by now...in case you haven't picked up on it by now,I'm irritated.

C'mon Sades...don't be so harsh about it. I don't know how much they know about movies, so I'm not going to make assumptions. I won't shed a tear if they leave, but they're not worthless.

Now With Moveable Parts
Sorry...lol...again,my apologies.You're sorta catching all my posts when I was mad about it.I won't do it anymore.There's one more on the thread she started sorry...lol.

Toose - you're quite right, I do indeed post in the Intermissions forum. And to follow your own logic (going back to look at the evidence of my posts and their content) you will also see that I openly admit that 1) I post there and that 2) crap APPEARED WITHIN (does not constitute the WHOLE) and that 3) I CONTRIBUTED TO IT.

But no, i don't think that's the majority of my posting. I post wherever "New Posts" has interesting threads. The logic there is, if I come in every other day or so to see "New Posts" and 30 out of 50 are in the Intermissions forum and I go by what's available, as of late, yes indeedy, what I pick is within the Int. Forum.

It wouldn't matter to me if I came in and 10/30 of the New Posts are Int. Forum related ... i simply pick from what loads as "new" on my screen, and if it's a movie I've seen, I will most likely go there to post my opinion - like i just did with Serendipity. I refrained from it cuz i hadn't seen it yet, or much of anything else for that matter, in the past couple months.

TWT,

May I e-mail you in private regarding yourself and your forum? I have tried to get into my profile to obtain the e-mail address I used to register in your site but I cannot remember my own password. (I am descending into senility.) The e-mail address I used belongs to one of my grandsons and I cannot remember which. I have 9. So if you agree to receiving my e-mail and the address is unfamiliar to you, it is because I have bullied another of my progeny to give me their address

I cannot promise prompt replies however if you choose to have a dialogue with me since I do not own a PC and my hands are slightly arthritic.

(Madam Sadesdrk--it was not my personal choice--not to post in your forum. While I admit I was entertained, nature did not allow me to participate as you do.)

(Thmilin--Respect has to be earned. And that is all I have to say about that.)

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by El Cootie

(Madam Sadesdrk--it was not my personal choice--not to post in your forum. While I admit I was entertained, nature did not allow me to participate as you do.)

([/b]
El Cootie-I wish you could visit more often...you've sort of been a light of wisdom in all of this.I'm sorry you aren't able to post as often as you would like,but please know,your comments are always welcomed and appreciated;when you can.

El Cootie: (Thmilin--Respect has to be earned. And that is all I have to say about that.)

- You read (or did not read, depending on how you chose to deal with it) my posts. You misread my posts. You assumed that I said X (bad stuff) when I said Y.

- You then began your post with complete disrespect toward me BASED on that misreading.

- Yes, respect must be earned. One can also earn, by disrespecting others, the loss of an another's esteem.

I never showed you any disrespect, nor anyone else. I was extremely misunderstood by you and others, and have done all that I am willing to do without harm to myself to change that.

If I never had your respect when you first came to these boards, or if I did and have since "lost" it, I am not in the least sorry for it, for I was quite mistaken to have offered my esteem based on the positive idea I had of you in the first place. This seems a mutual conclusion.

In the end, to each his own. I'm sure that forever in your mind you will remain quite right and I will remain quite awful, in respect to things you THOUGHT I said, and I am at peace with that. People will think what they wish.