Tools    

Top 5 off the top of my head.

Superman
Superman II

The Dark Knight
Hellboy 2
Into the Spider-verse

Victim of The Night
69 Incredible Hulk. Not much story here… And the Abomination had the colour of snot.

Victim of The Night
I think I'm one of the few people who liked Andrew Garfield as Spiderman.
I like him a lot more as Spider-man now, wink wink, than I did then.

Victim of The Night
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't think Robert Downey Jr. is a great Tony Stark.
He's great in the role he created, but is it Tony Stark?

I grew up reading Iron Man (among many others) and Stark, sadly, really didn't have much of a personality. He was kind of the classic superhero alter ego (ala those of DC comics - widely panned until the modern era for all having somewhat interchangeable personalities).

Stark in the comics was somewhat dry and intellectual. In other words, he was kind of serious (and only became more so when they introduced alcoholism into his story). He was the semi-aloof, introspective, technological genius, industrialist & weapons maker (and sometime Bruce Wayne-like playboy). He wasn't a wise-cracker like Spider-Man, or Hawkeye or Ben Grimm.

Downey made Stark a sarcastic, sardonic, slightly manic, fast-talking wise-cracker similar to so many others in the Marvel universe, but not everybody has to have the rapier wit when it comes to playful superhero banter and insulting super-villains.

This isn't a knock necessarily, just comparing the comic book Iron Man to the movie version (yet I do think the first Iron Man movie was one of the best as it successfully updated the story while maintaining the character's root origin).
I don't disagree with you. But that ship has sailed.
When I first saw Iron Man, I really struggled with it because it was a really good super-hero movie, and a Marvel movie, and a secondary character made into something really good... but Robert Downey was no more Tony Stark than I am.
I sat there going, "Well, I guess this is fun and they've done a good job with the Iron Man stuff, but Tony is now just RDJ acting like himself - with a metal suit."

I don't disagree with you. But that ship has sailed.
When I first saw Iron Man, I really struggled with it because it was a really good super-hero movie, and a Marvel movie, and a secondary character made into something really good... but Robert Downey was no more Tony Stark than I am.
I sat there going, "Well, I guess this is fun and they've done a good job with the Iron Man stuff, but Tony is now just RDJ acting like himself - with a metal suit."
Given that Tony Stark is an arrogant narcissist, I'd argue that RDJ's schtick was ideal for the role.

Either him or James Spader.

A younger James Spader, yes. Somewhere after Tough Turf, but before Boston Legal.