What the heck was this movie???

Tools    

Sheep in Wolves Clothing
OK- Late 80's (I think) sci-fi horror flick:

A group of scientists receive a transmission from the future. I think it's like an audio/video type message. In the message, they see the doors of some castle (or other spooky place!) and they are saying that they are waiting for the antichrist (I think) to emerge from the doors, and that they (the theys from the past) need to do something about it, in the past, because they can't take care of it in the future.

SO-
The guys in the past go to the spooky place and do their thing, and at the end of the future transmission they see one of the scientists (a woman) come out of the doors.

I can't remember if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyway, this is driving me nuts! I seem to remember it being a pretty good movie, although in retrospect, it might bite!!!

Can anyone name that film?

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
dang ........... I don't know but the way you describe it makes it sound pretty interesting.... keep posting and keep this fresh cause now I want to know.

"Prince of Darkness" directed by John Carpenter.

That was one of my faves of the time as well.

Remember:

"You shall not be saved by the holy ghost"
"You shall not be saved by the god plutonium"
"In fact... YOU SHALL NOT BE SAVED"

That and the "Amazing grace" scene... cool stuff!

Originally Posted by Shrub_Dog
SO-
The guys in the past go to the spooky place and do their thing, and at the end of the future transmission they see one of the scientists (a woman) come out of the doors.

I can't remember if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
I would say that was a bad thing. A very bad thing.

....and Dodger is correct it is indeed 'The Prince of Darkness'.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
kick ass, I'm going to go rent this tonight

why do I sound more excited about the film than the guy who orginally posted

Sheep in Wolves Clothing
THANKS GUYS!!!

Man, after going on an insane trek to remember this movie, the weirdest damn thing happened...

I was staying up 'till all hours Saturday night, and what do you think came on Sci-Fi?

PRINCE OF DARKNESS!

Ya know, this is about the tenth time an obscure movie has come on within days of me obsessing over it, I'm beginning to think my fillings are picking up the cable TV schedule (err... or the martian implant is picking it up!). I love John Carpenter movies (except "Ghosts of Mars"... what the hell was that?), so I bought this from Amazon, $13.50!

Thanks again!