Top 5 Lists

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea, I figured that much.

As for top 5 sex scenes, I can't even think of 5 (yes, I'm surprised also). As for Denise Richards, I've grown apart from her these days. Now I'm more of an Elisabeth Shue fan.

Top 5 funniest movies
5. Tommy Boy
4. Dumb and Dumber
3. Something About Mary
2. Four Rooms
1. One Night at McCools

Yeah. Well, guys I know we're all offended that Land Before Time I AND (for the love of Gawd) II made it onto this guy's list, but there's a reason why johnidiot named himself thus.

And who the HecK liked BOUNCE?!?!?! Must be the idiot...Secondly, Here's to you, Commish: a 6.5 out of 10? Come on. You can't seriously think that that's a GOOD rating. I mean, everything on IMDB gets at least a 6.5. If you gather 11,000 people and take a poll, the mean will definitely come close to the middle number anyway. It's simple scientific polling mathematics. 11,000 people is too high a number to gather a good read on the popular consensus among viewers. Don't believe me? Think it sounds ludicrous? I know you do, but I have a little back-up of my own. consult Lowi & Ginsberg's AMERICAN GOVERNMENT college text. It's there. I laugh in the face of disbelievers! To get an accurate reading, you'd have to poll say 100 RANDOMLY selected people, not the Harrison Ford band-aids who happen upon IMDB.

And OG, that 50-yr-old bit is hysterical! But, he's not necessarily like the creepy old men who ENJOY (?) the rape scenes (is that what you refer to, Steve, or some other part? I haven't seen it in a long while...) in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, he's just a wannabe aged old man.

P.S. - you don't want to HEAR me when I get wicked...

Originally posted by dillane
Secondly, Here's to you, Commish: a 6.5 out of 10? Come on. You can't seriously think that that's a GOOD rating. I mean, everything on IMDB gets at least a 6.5. If you gather 11,000 people and take a poll, the mean will definitely come close to the middle number anyway. It's simple scientific polling mathematics. 11,000 people is too high a number to gather a good read on the popular consensus among viewers. Don't believe me? Think it sounds ludicrous? I know you do, but I have a little back-up of my own. consult Lowi & Ginsberg's AMERICAN GOVERNMENT college text. It's there. I laugh in the face of disbelievers! To get an accurate reading, you'd have to poll say 100 RANDOMLY selected people, not the Harrison Ford band-aids who happen upon IMDB.
Oh c'mon. I suppose you'd say the same thing about the US Election, or any vote done on The Godfather? I see your point, but it assumes that those who rated it well are just huge fans who went out of their way...but is there any real basis for that?

And besides: we've still got Ebert giving it above average, and Maltin praising it, as well as a MAJOR box office gross. Very few movies make buckets of money despite no one liking them.

6.5 is by no means impressive, but it is a solid average, and certainly above the "did ANYONE else like that besides you?" level you think it's on.

I'm talking about Alex with the two girls he picks up, I think its in a record shop, and they go nuts in fast motion.

Air Force One is action cliche city, but I liked it because Gary Oldman played a sadistic Russian terrorist. What can I say?

Originally posted by OG-
Yea, I figured that much.

As for top 5 sex scenes, I can't even think of 5 (yes, I'm surprised also). As for Denise Richards, I've grown apart from her these days. Now I'm more of an Elisabeth Shue fan.

Top 5 funniest movies
5. Tommy Boy
4. Dumb and Dumber
3. Something About Mary
2. Four Rooms
1. One Night at McCools
elisabeth shoe is okay... but come on the hottest actress has and always will be kate winslet.. titanic... somebody help me out here...

Originally posted by dillane
Yeah. Well, guys I know we're all offended that Land Before Time I AND (for the love of Gawd) II made it onto this guy's list, but there's a reason why johnidiot named himself thus.

And who the HecK liked BOUNCE?!?!?!
first of all.. land before time was one of the greatest movies... when his mother died i cried for the first time in my life... secondly, my name is johnidiot because its funnier than any of your stupid names... thirdly... who like bounce... your mom and i liked bounce quite a bit... it brings back good memories if you know what i mean.. besides even from an objective standpoint, bounce was a timeless classic love story... somthin you obviously know nothing about... (sorry about the mom joke, its just when ppl diss my movies i take it personally, my fault)
[Edited by johnidiot on 07-14-2001]

Funny "john", because you did quite a bit of dissing yourself, didn't you? I cried when I saw The Land Before Time, too, but guess what? I was like 7 years old man.

Originally posted by OG-

Top 5 funniest movies
5. Tommy Boy
4. Dumb and Dumber
3. Something About Mary
2. Four Rooms
1. One Night at McCools
Dunno, I reckon Black Sheep is funnier than Tommy Boy.

sorry john. But, who can really take you seriously when you say that an animated movie about compassionat(izing), talking dinosaurs and their offspring is among the best ever made. and your name isn't exactly what I would deem "funny," but rather more moronic in nature. Hate to diss, but suck it up and take it like a man, b/c your list is a complete farce.

Top 5 Kubrick films:

5. Barry Lyndon
4. Full Metal Jacket
3. Dr. Strangelove
2. 2001
1. A Clockwork Orange

I can't believe Peter's calling ME a 50 year old man, yet he can't even come UP with five sex scenes. You're a total square.

What do you mean by sex scenes? Does it have to be actual sex or just really hot scenes?

Thrusting isn't needed, if that's what your asking. Just any scene of an erotic nature, either comedic or dramatic.

When you think about it, sex in the movies really doesn't help anything. It usually tends to just stop the story dead. There are exceptions of course, but generally it's a pretty stupid move to throw sex in your movie.

Originally posted by OG-
i liked bounce too.. alot.. it was the best movie
see... told you guys

Originally posted by Zweeedorf
i liked bounce dillane what are YOU talking about?
see... everyone likes bounce... you are in the minority.. farce.. huh?.. farce like a fox... you are farce..

thrusting? Haha, I can hardly wait for Pigsnie to see this thread,haha.

my top 5 sex scenes, no order.
1.The egg thing in Tampopo. and the salt in the belly button thing. SEE TAMPOPO!!!!!
2.Fatal attraction. ouch!
3.English patient. Only thing in it that kept me awake, loll.
4.the Lover. ohoh, Pigsnie didnt want me to see this but I nagged like crazy. Hummmm, maybe it should be Number 1 !! pretty Steamy & the girls like my age!
5. Cant think of another without gettin in trouble, heehee .

I just came up with a great top 5. It has nothing to do with movies, but still I like it.

Top 5 game show hosts of all time:

5. Bob Huebanks - The Newly Weds
4. Gene Rayburn - The Match Game
3. Alex Trebek - Jeopardy
2. Bob Barker - The Price is Right
1. Richard Dawson - Family Fued

honorable mentions are:

Bill Cullen - To Tell the Truth (im pretty sure)
Allan Luden - Password

3 people liked bounce. so, john, how do we know that those other two people aren't ben and gwyneth just plugging their sorry flick? Who else liked BOUNCE? I have lost faith in anyone on this site who liked it "a lot." It's a travesty.

Oh, and I'm a farce? That's rich. Considering you can't come up with a better retort to save your life!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Zweeedorf
I just came up with a great top 5. It has nothing to do with movies, but still I like it.

Top 5 game show hosts of all time:

5. Bob Huebanks - The Newly Weds
4. Gene Rayburn - The Match Game
3. Alex Trebek - Jeopardy
2. Bob Barker - The Price is Right
1. Richard Dawson - Family Fued

honorable mentions are:

Bill Cullen - To Tell the Truth (im pretty sure)
Allan Luden - Password
Someones been watching Gameshow Network!

As for top 5 sex scenes!
5. Posion Ivy: The New Seduction (Jamie Pressly is hot so its on my list)
4. Basic Instinct
3. Palmetto (any scene with Elisabeth Shue in it was a very, very nice one)
2. Wild Things (Neve, Denise, and Matt)
1. Deliverance (OHH MAN WAS THAT HOT OR WHAT!?!? Got my juices flowin'!!!)