Top ten Movies from 2000

Tools    

Geez, chill out people. Holden is correct. He didn't give you all any attitude: he listed the release dates. Take a correction...there's no shame in it. His Gene Hackman comment summarize everything perfectly: he's not being overly technical at all.

Now With Moveable Parts
That's really not the extent of it TWT,but hey,I can play nice and take a little correction now and then...I just don't think someone should make a gig out of it.

Rock God
actually, i'm kinda suprised by the way holden's acting myself. it seems like some people come on this site just to act smart and self-righteous. i have my share of comments and opinions, but i hate it when people get snotty and use those little sarcastic eyes to mean they're smarter than people. no offense, holden but maybe you should lighten up. it's not a battle or anything.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
I guess that's the disagreement. I don't think he's making a gig out of things.
Whatever,it's stupid that we are giving it even this amount of attention.He is making a gig out of it,but I don't even care anymore...it's taking up more thread space than it deserves...so enough already.

Fair enough. My closing statement: I like the rolleyes thing () -- so please don't take offense! It's not always meant to be used in an insulting manner.

Now With Moveable Parts
None taken TWT,I like this outfit way too much to be wrapped up in playground antics.By the way...as far as year 2000 movies are concerned...my vote is for Billy Elliot.

sjd
10. State and Main
9. Unbreakable (needed another 15 minutes at the end)
8. O Brother Where Art Thou
7. Finding Forrester (really shouldn't have been this good)
6. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
5. Almost Famous
4. Traffic (could have been #1, but didn't seem to trust the story enough to get the point across at times, which led to story stopping bits of speechifying)
3. High Fidelity(not the best of the bunch, but the one I'll probably end up watching the most)
2. Wonder Boys
1. You Can Count on Me

Personally I didn't think it was as awful a year for movies as many have said. While the I wouldn't rank any as high as my top two from last year (American Beauty and The Insider), there were a lot of very solid films. I was however disappointed that 3 movies which easily should have made this list managed to disappoint as much as they did. The Contender (too many cop outs) The Way of the Gun (high highs, but sloppy exposition and plot twists for their own sake) and Bamboozled (heavy-handed final half). If these three had lived up to their potential, this year would have equaled last in my opinion.

cant think of ten but i loved Oh Brother Where Art thou? best film all year!

I LOVE O! BROTHER WHERE ART THOU? It is amazingly funny, and its meny attributes are its actors!

1. Gladiator
2. Patriot
3. Unbreakable - absolutely, a tremendous movie.
4. MI -2 - Yes MI 2.. lol.. thought it flat rocked.
5. Traffic - so good. but, so real i don't really want to see it again.
6. Hollow Man

i don't think i saw 4 more.

http://www.starwars-1.com

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think I will add more to my list:

O Brother Where Art Thou? - I think i already listed it, but listing again
Best In Show
What Lies Beneath
The Patriot
Men Of Honor
X-Men
Cast Away(no wait...this is a 2001 release...isn't it?)
Emperor's New Groove
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

To answer your question, spdrcr, Cast Away was a 2000 release in the States, which is why Hanks was eligible for Best Actor at this year's Oscars (losing to Russell Crowe). Now Cast Away, THAT one you may well have seen near Christmas, as it opened wide on December 22nd, 2000.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spdrcr

Emperor's New Groove
SUCH a good movie.I loved David Spade's humor in cartoon form...totally a riot.He is so my sense of humor...sarcastic,witty,and to the teeth!Love it.I second that nomination!

Originally posted by Holden Pike
To answer your question, spdrcr, Cast Away was a 2000 release in the States, which is why Hanks was eligible for Best Actor at this year's Oscars (losing to Russell Crowe). Now Cast Away, THAT one you may well have seen near Christmas, as it opened wide on December 22nd, 2000.
I thought it was a Christmas release, thats probably what happened...I got Hannibal and Cast Away switched...silly me. LOL...

ooh yeah! i forgot X-men! Ok, other than Oh brother Where art thou that was definetly my fave film of 2000. (you do realise the only reason i like it is because of Hugh Jackman.)

X-men(i supose hughs alright but the guy out of animorphs is cute'r

Have you seen Swordfish? I mean yeah its not a 2000 release but you're going on and on about Hugh that you will probably want to check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I heard they were pulling Swordfish from theaters in England?!

I loved that movie!!