Favorite Film Titles

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Re-Animator
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I know it's stupid, but I thought "The Man Who Knew Too Little" (I think that was the title) was a pretty funny title that made me laugh. I actually rented it on the title alone.... go figure.

i thought that the 13th warrior was better than the book title "eaters of the dead" 13th warrior just made more sense
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Actually, "Eaters of the Dead" makes a more fitting title. The 13th Warrior, makes really no sense unless you've read the book.

yeah good point eaters of the dead kinda sets the mood, you already go into the movie scared that way.

Well, The Silence of the Lambs makes no sense unless you've seen the movie. The 13th Warrior is a good title if you've seen the film -- it's explained there. I like both titles (SOTL and 13th, I mean).

tiredoftraffic: I LOVED The Man Who Knew Too Little. Murray was excellent. A clever premise, too. Very funny movie.

here's some more lovely titles

Branded to Kill
Le Samourai
Amarcord
Vampyr
Twitch of the Death Nerve

Don't Be A Menice To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood

Not only is the title a belly shaker, but the movie is great if you like silly movies. I can't get enough of this one!

B&W
Twitch of the Death Nerve
That's a nice title!

Some of these have already been listed, but I'll list 'em again anyway:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Back to the Future
Hollow Man
The Silence of the Lambs
Stir of Echoes
Independence Day
Speed
Ever After

I'll put more up as I think of them.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Well, The Silence of the Lambs makes no sense unless you've seen the movie. The 13th Warrior is a good title if you've seen the film -- it's explained there. I like both titles (SOTL and 13th, I mean).

tiredoftraffic: I LOVED The Man Who Knew Too Little. Murray was excellent. A clever premise, too. Very funny movie.
Thanks, Commish! As you can see, I'm trying to catch up here for time lost, so I'm going back... But yeah, I have to admit it gave me some laughs. Something about Murray's face and voice. It doesn't matter what he says, it just comes out funny. That's why Groundhog's Day rules! Charlie Sheen, I think, is like the same thing. I watch Spin City b/c of him.... well that and his interaction with Locklear on the show. Sheen's funny, and he's perfect as the womanizing political aide. Not as witty as J. Fox, but I prefer him over Fox. Murray and Sheen need to be on the same episode of Spin, with them being, say, counterparts to a campaign...it would probably crack me up.

Kudos to mightymose. Great titles! Especially, Frankenhooker. That was the second movie that came to mind while pondering this subject.

Others:

Redneck Zombies
Cannibal! The Musical
I Spit on your Grave
Love is the Devil

A few more,

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

The Mysterious Yearning Secretive Sad Lonely Troubled Confused Loving Musical Gifted Intelligent Beautiful Tender Sensitive Haunted Passionate Talented Mr. Ripley

Arthur,

was that actually an official title? Didn't it come up in the credits? If so, that takes the trophy for best title ever.