Sin City

Tools    

I know nothing of the comics but OH MY GOD THE CAST ROCKS! Am I overdoing it? I can never tell. But anyway, Bruce Willis, Michael Madsen, Christopher Walken and Michael Clarke Duncan?!?!? Nothing can go wrong. Especially with Michael Madsen.
And found he was eating his shoe.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Some color is used, just like the books, but yes, it's in black and white. Yes, voice-over is used. You won't believe it until you see it for yorself, but trust me, much of what was shown was EXACT duplications of the books. Exact. The same use of shadow and silhouette and odd perspective and all of it. EVERYthing. That's why they used mostly green screen, so that every single shot can be stylized like Frank Miller's visions from the books.

Robert and Frank co-directed, and whenever Frank wanted to change a shot, Rodriguez would whip out the books, and say, "Nope, that's not how you inked it." When Frank was told his own original vision was best, he usually agreed.

There was some improvising on the set, and certainly some things "between" the action in the panels had to be invented, but all in all they say they were painstakingly faithful to the Sin City books. From the little we saw, I'd have to say yes, INCREDIBLY faithful. It's amaizng stuff.
I have to see this.

Nope, those are the only four teaser posters they've released so far. They were handing out freebies at the Con, and if you stood in line you could get the girls to sign their posters.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Nope, those are the only four teaser posters they've released so far. They were handing out freebies at the Con, and if you stood in line you could get the girls to sign theirs.

Ditto.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
EBAY, here I come!
You should see how cheap some of them are going for. There's one autographed by Miller and Rodriguez going for like 10 bucks. So far the Mickey Rourke/Marv ones seem to be the most common.

Originally Posted by Garrett
So far the Mickey Rourke/Marv ones seem to be the most common.
Because they had something outrageous like 200,000 of them, while there were only a few thousand each of the girls' posters.

...those stills are all taken from the clips that played at Comic-Con in July.

I went back to joblo.com later on and happen to see the updated article. Thanks for letting me know anyways.

Looks so great.

My gift to MoFo: 20 more screencaps; taken by me.

Preview:

Is the guy in the yellow make-up John C. Reilly?

No. That's Nick Stahl (Terminator 3) as That Yellow Bastard.
Good god! He looks absolutely nothing like himself. That's some impressive stuff.

Mickey Rourke makes an absolutely amazing Marv... just wait until you see the footage.

"I can't help it..."
I just saw the footage, I am absolutely amazed! It looks so damn good... I know nothing about the comic, but I am really looking forward to it. The film looks brilliantly cast, and the colors looks really moody. One again, can't wait!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!