Webm Support

Tools    

Basically an alternative to gifs with higher quality and smaller file sizes. It's a video codec as opposed to an animated image file. www.gfycat.com is the chief host of these videos and automatically convert GIFs to it. Sites like 4chan also support them, even with sound incorporated which would be amazing for a site dedicated to film. www.webm.land hosts webm files with sound. Ideally there are already plugins compatible with vBulletin that let you embed links from those sites. Just a thought!

Also, Imgur uses a similar codec called gifv though I think it's inferior. I'd be willing to post a tutorial on how to create easily webms should the need arise.

I think I tried this recently and ran into an issue with it, but I might be thinking of something else. Will look into it again.
Word. I'm probably only one of a few people who want it, but I bet more people would flock to it when they see the capabilities.

Okay, so, I did actually get this "working" when I tried awhile ago, it's just not terribly robust, and it doesn't auto-detect like it does for Tweets or YouTube links. But otherwise it works fine if you have the URL of the .webm file:

You can quote this post to see the bbCode, but it's what you'd expect: just "webm" with the brackets instead of b, i, url, or img.