What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

crazed out movie freak
Most disturbimg movie ever has to be The Exorcist.That movie scared the crap out of me.
Also any of the faces of death movies but those are just plain disgusting.

AME
1-I spit on your grave (especially the rape scene)
2-Henry: Portrait of a serial killer
3-Maniac

yeah

crazed out movie freak
you guys are some sickos

The Future Ed Wood
boys dont cry was very disturbing for me. as well as happiness the story between father and son made me feel sick

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Originally posted by Shpadoinkle
Jay Silent Bob Strike Back

*shudder*

LOL....
DITTO

A novel adaptation.
Titus.

And Silver Bullet, A largely disturbing part of that movie (Requiem For a Dream) was included only in the directors cut, so, that may play a part in your non-reaction to it. Still, I saw both, and I too didnt find it all that disturbing.

Originally posted by Herodotus
A largely disturbing part of that movie (Requiem For a Dream) was included only in the directors cut, so, that may play a part in your non-reaction to it. Still, I saw both, and I too didnt find it all that disturbing.
I know what scene you're talking about, but even without the bits they took out, the viewer still knew what was happening.

And that movie, even after the many times I've seen it, still disturbs me. Still gets me right in the gut, every time.

I've seen the director's cut.
I'm telling you, as far as disturbances go, it doesn't disturb me, although I admit it niggles at me more each time I see it.

But it doesn't 'hit me in the gut' or just leave me for dead or anything. I love the film. Technically, I think it's beautiful. It doesn't disturb me.

I found A Clockwork Orange more disturbing, personally. I think for ultimate disturbances, a disturbing film -- that's the one to see.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I found A Clockwork Orange more disturbing, personally. I think for ultimate disturbances, a disturbing film -- that's the one to see.
I second that.

I agree with A Clockwork Orange, too. It disturbs me, but in a very different way from how Requiem disturbs me. A Clockwork Orange gets me because of the casual violence, and Alex's society-dictated "re-sensitization." It's an excellent movie, no doubt about that.

It isn't the violence of Requiem that gets me, or even the drugs. It's the way the four main characters, especially Sara, slowly lose everything that matters to them. The way they all descend into despair, and, worse, the fact that they do it to themselves without even realizing it.

I guess what I'm saying is it's the human element that makes Requiem so visceral to me. It's impossible for me to block it out or become inured to it.

Now With Moveable Parts
A Clockwork Orange gets me because of the casual violence, and Alex's society-dictated "re-sensitization." It's an excellent movie, no doubt about that.
I watched it such a long time ago. The first time, I don't think I could get past the combination of violence and "lightheartedness". It bothered me that most everything was like you said, Mary, casual. After several viewings, I was able to focus on other things and enjoyed it a lot more.

It isn't the violence of Requiem that gets me, or even the drugs. It's the way the four main characters, especially Sara, slowly lose everything that matters to them. The way they all descend into despair, and, worse, the fact that they do it to themselves without even realizing it.
Oh, hell yeah. Sara's journey was especially hard for me. The way she tried SO hard not to sink...the scene with her searching for that phone number...you could just see it in her face that she was going against all the reasoning in her being...God, it made me sick. Even now, just recalling the emotion I felt watching it (by myself no less) has my stomach in knots.

Oh, hell yeah. Sara's journey was especially hard for me. The way she tried SO hard not to sink...the scene with her searching for that phone number...you could just see it in her face that she was going against all the reasoning in her being...God, it made me sick. Even now, just recalling the emotion I felt watching it (by myself no less) has my stomach in knots.
Amen to that, sistah. Another thing about Requiem is the way other people in the "real" world react to the characters in the 2nd half of the movie--again, especially Sara. It feels so callous, even though we would probably act that same way if we had that sort of encounter with a random addict. The difference between the viewer and those people is that the viewer knows the history of these people--we know they're not bad people. But isn't that the way with so many things? It's easier to pass judgment if it's just some no-name person you run into during the course of your day. You don't know what they've been through, why they are where they are...

Cripes, does that even make sense? Arg. Anywho. Enough of the rambling on from Mary Lo.

If you're talking disturbing try these on for size:

The Exorcist
Ring
Shallow Grave
The Cook, The Theif, His Wife, Her Lover
Delicatessen
The Fly

American History X and Fight Club

Fight Club for the Gore,
American History X for the redneck who wrote the plot! Twisted, sick person.

for comedic disturbing

Either

Jay & Silent Bob SB wiv "U Jack him off and when you finish say.... hmmm what a lovely tea party!"

or

Freddy Got Fingered (The Whole "film")

American History X? Eh?

Firstly, "redneck" isn't the nicest term. I don't think it's more than a notch above the "n-word." Let's try to keep away from all casual slurs. Secondly, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but are you claiming that the writer of the film necessarily believes the things his characters do? Ya' know, lots of films depict racism, sexism, and other such things...but that's because they're compelling issues that make for powerful and/or interesting stories...not because the writer happens to hold those offensive views. Most of the time, I'm sure, they don't.

I come from the UK. Over here "Redneck" is understood to be someone who is Stupid, Lacks Social Skills, and loves violence. I didn't mean any kind of racial thing of it.

I realise that the writer probably (Hopefully) doesnt agree with the characters in the film, but you must question his mentality to think up such things.

I don't agree at all. I read a book once called Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington, which had a few accounts of racist acts (though not many). I have those thoughts in my head now. Is that a bad thing? No...it's a good thing to realize that it happened, and it's a good thing to realize that things like it still happen, and will happen in the future, be it racism, sexism, or anything at all of the sort.

Would you "question the mentality" of Andrew Kevin Walker for writing Se7en? Does writing about those murders make him a sick individual who has problems? Or does it make him a masterful storyteller? I opt for the latter...in his case, and in others of a similar nature, usually.