Dog Star Man's Films and Website:

Tools    

www.thecinematicm.wordpress.com

Experiment #1 finished. More to come.

This week I will be filming something else a combination of dubstep music + dialectical montage + three-shot action sequence, (since most action sequences are produced via a three-shot system).

Rationale:

Dubstep is a two beat genre which results in a selected result.
Montage results from thesis begetting anti-thesis to produce result, (anti-thesis).
The "Action Sequence" is a three-shot system fit for the two, (dubstep and montage).

To make it last, edit like a DJ.

Enjoy this one for now.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Filming went superb today. I hope what's in the can turns out alright for the film I'm trying to create and experiment with.

I got a lot of compliments on my film today from my friends. Some of which I've received before on previous films. My friend Kahmani, who's an actor and been on other shoots, said that my film was the most professional shoot he's ever been on. I've received this compliment before by a professional actor who acted in one of my older films and stated quote: "Even professional shoots are not as professional as this kid's." So that was nice. I utilized the Roger Corman style shoot by getting the hard shots done first. I also got a non-actor working for me who was impressed by how easy I made the shoot go for him by training him to pantomime.

All in all, a very good day.

OH SHIIIIII

I thought this was just the other thread.

Day for Night (Unaltered)

Day for Night (Altered)

&

Sat outside to film the California sunset for well over an hour, time lapse is 500 times normal speed. And as stated in the youtube page:

"I was extremely influenced by Stan Brakhage for these two films, (Dog Star Man), and Marie Menken's, (Go! Go! Go!). Enjoy! Music by State of Mind, hinting at each films particular relevance."

I gotta get around to watching these...