The General Strangeness Checklist

Tools    

Sorry. This is so sad for me to come here and put you through this. I wrote the following piece when I was in grade eight. I thought I'd share it, just to see how you go, and just because I am an extrovert who likes to talk about what he used to be like (used?)...

The Dr. Matthew J. Clayfield
GENERAL STRANGENESS CHECKLIST
OR: ONE HUNDRED WAYS TO TELL IF YOU ARE STRANGE

Author's Note: Sadly, most of these things are based on things that the author, Matthew J. Clayfield, has done (those things are starred). Tick the ones that apply to you to see how you rate.

[list=1][*]You admit to being strange.*[*]You shave your eyebrows off or have done.*[*]You get up in the morning to watch Educational Programming.[*]You het up in the morning to watch Pokemon, or have done.*[*]Your favorite computer program is Microsoft Word.[*]You eat mustard on beetroot.[*]You dress up in a wig and put cocoa on your face and claim to be an 'Ooga Booga Man'.*[*]You fall hopelessly in love and change your personality to suit his/her mood.[*]You wear glasses even when you don't need them.*[*]You often use the word juxtaposition.[*]You wear shoes made by Dunlop.[*]You have appeared in front of your entire school in drag.*[*]You create the newsletter for your school's library.[*]You believe that you can fly.[*]You claim to have invented the question mark.[*]You can play the bagpipes.[*]You feel honored when someone draws upon or stamps your hand.*[*]You read the phone book in your spare time.[*]You dial random numbers on a phone until you get an answer and then ask the receiver if they will be your friend.[*]You fall for someone who is attracted to members of their own sex.[*]You fall for an alsatian.[*]You run around naked screaming, "I am an Indian."[*]You have called someone a "gross sheep".[*]You have been called a "gross sheep".*[*]You are not wearing any pants.[*]You claim to give Bill Gates financial advice.[*]You have given your wallet to someone claiming to be a wallet inspector.[*]You have read the entire Asterix series.*[*]You are friends with a small puddle of brown liquid.[*]You write lists like this in your spare time.*[*]Your pants have come down while skiing.*[*]You use ! three times in every sentence!!!*[*]Your most treasured position is your left foot.[*]You say fiddlesticks.[*]You say excrement instead of excellent.[*]You insist on being carried.[*]You compare yourself to God.*[*]You compare yourself to Hitler.*[*]You bite people.[*]You push on doors that clearly tell you to pull.[*]You ask a cow to marry you.[*]You eat rubber bands.[*]You can't afford a personalised number plate so you change your name to TLX 126.[*]Your favorite film is The Barney Movie.[*]Cars scare you.[*]You are bald and so draw hair on all your photos.[*]School gets out so you go and do chores like sweeping.*[*]You like spam.[*]You sing How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? in public.*[*]Your occupation is that of a leech farmer.[*]You hear voices.[*]You treat butterknifes with "the respect they deserve".[*]You use the word China a a verb.[*]You suck a pacifier (still).[*]You have been visited by Aliens.[*]You have been probed by Aliens.[*]You scream when it rains.[*]You were worried about the Y2K bug.[*]You are a witch.[*]You changed your name to one with eight consanants in a row.[*]You vomit when you see pumpkin soup.[*]You use your shoe as a toilet.[*]You were born with six tongues.[*]You collect aeresol can memorabillia.[*]Drainpipes arouse you.[*]You start a cult.[*]You have climbed Victoria Falls.[*]You laugh at people despite their having obvious problems.*[*]You have obvious problems.*[*]If you had one wish it would involve making love and Fidel Castro.[*]You have been 'intimate' with a mule.[*]You have glued your nose to a camel.[*]You ring the speaking clock for comfort.[*]You have every book written on the history of the wristwatch.[*]You wear clothes with no color coordination or style.*[*]You have baked a cat.[*]You have swum in bacteria infested waters of your own free will.*[*]You have your own International Symbol for Yourself.[*]You have never, ever, ever run with scissors.[*]You shut the door on oppertunity the only time it ever knocked.[*]You get off on pain.[*]You assassinated J.F.K.[*]You know how to play Old MacDonald on a phone. In case you're wondering it's 9997, 887, 99887.*[*]You are a cannibal.[*]You are a vegetarian.[*]You don't eat food.[*]You play video games for eight hours traight without switching the game or moving.*[*]You clap at Church.[*]You are always happy.[*]You believe that imps control your computer.[*]You have recorded your voice onto at least eight forty-five minute cassette tapes speaking whatever crap floats into your mind.*[*]You have created your own line of borwn paper menswear.[*]You have every episode of Sesame Street on tape.[*]You are still not wearing pants.[*]You can hold your breath for two hours straight.[*]You have worn the same clothes day-in-day-out for the past six years.[*]The smell of burning rubber elates you.[*]Your favorite book is The Bible.[*]You lick CD's.[*]You refuse to admit that you are strange, come on! We all are!![/list=1]

Now, tally up your score.
The items in RED are extremley strange things and rate as three points, whereas all other warrant a one.

0 - 20 points
God almighty people...
If you scored below a twenty your either extremley boring, or just plain lying. Go back, do it properly. Haven't baked a cat before, eh? Then out there and live!!

21 - 40
I was here, in this section.
Of course, this is a good score [heh, heh, heh.]
About average oddness. You are weird enough to be laughed out. Odd enough to be interesting, sane enough to avoid [perhaps] ridicule. If you want ridicule, perhaps you should shave your eyebrows off. You'll certainly get ridiculed. Believe me.

I know.

41 - 75
You're a strange person and some people are bound to give you a strange look or two as you walk down the street. Maybe you should put on some pants? You like to think that you're a rebel or an artiste. While you may be called hippies and beatniks by the older population who chase after you with guns, don't worry about it. Chances are they're in this range themselves.

76 - 90
People in this range have low I.Qs and mental problems that make them do things like score with mules. These people oft go into government or drive buses.

91 - 100
Now we're getting to the bottom of the barrel. Perverts, stalkers, people in positions of power where taking a slash in one's shoe is just another day at the office.

101 - 122
If anyone scores over 100 they qualify they are an idiot savant, with countless skills not used correctly; speed reading, amazing memory, things like that.

Either that or they are an absoloute moron with no skills whatsoever.

DISCLAIMER: Anyone who takes this test seriously and a result discover some startling if not scary things about themselves cannot hold Dr. M. Clayfield responsible. This piece was meant to offend and delight and Dr. C can't help the suicides that may branch as a result of the test.

And that was me in 1999.

I must be WAY more than simply extremely boring, because my score was....................................................................... 3

I wasn't wearing pants when I read the message (that counts for 2 points because the question was asked twice), and I am a vegetarian. Actually, I think running around with scissors is a little strange, but the fact that I have done that kept me from getting 4 points. Don't let the score of 3 fool you; I am one bizarre individual.

My score was six...I too have intentionally run while holding scissors...just to show 'em that it was all a bunch of bull. Nice thread, Matty. I like it.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
How's any of that strange

My score: 14.

And I want to make this perfectly clear. I don't just believe that I can fly. I can fly.

Now With Moveable Parts
How is having every episode of Sesame Street on tape, in any way, weird or strange?

...*and I only bite people when bitten.

Hee hee hee.
The whole thing is a joke really, but come on, like anyone is ever going to get over thirty-five at the very most!

Enemies are so stimulating.
you could have done:

you just found out how to do old macdonald on your fone and found it very amusing.

anyway...i got 8

A novel adaptation.
18, and that was being modest.
Oh, man.

[list=1][*]You admit to being strange.*
well, of course every one is unique.
[*]You shave your eyebrows off or have done.*
did I mention the rehab I did in my youth. they tie in together
[*]You get up in the morning to watch Educational Programming.
of course I do, I have 2 kids.
[*]You het up in the morning to watch Pokemon, or have done.*
I just told you of course, I 'ave kids.
[*]Your favorite computer program is Microsoft Word.
well, maybe not really favorite but most used so I put yes here.
[*]You believe that you can fly.
anyone can fly silly, all they have to do is get in a plane or 'copter
[*]You fall for someone who is attracted to members of their own sex.
unfortunately I did. and knew he was umm...well... who knows what makes you attratced to someone. I think it was that he was the best guy friend I ever had. (could've been the whole challenge thing goin on there too)
[*]You are not wearing any pants.
nope, I like to sit around in my jammers.
[*]You bite people.
well... Only if they ask
[*]You push on doors that clearly tell you to pull.
yes I am an idiot, and sometimes if they have just cleaned them, I dont even push on 'em.
[*]Your favorite film is The Barney Movie.
Its one of the FEW movies that keep my kids busy, so yes
[*]Cars scare you.
for as long as I can remember I have dreamed I was going to die in a car crash, so I guess yes.
[*]School gets out so you go and do chores like sweeping.*
again I say I HAVE KIDS... of course I sweep, I do other things too like laundry and dishes.
[*]You hear voices.
again I say I HAVE KIDS... I get worried if I DONT hear voices!
[*]You scream when it rains.
if it thunders loud enough...
[*]You were worried about the Y2K bug.
Do you know how many computers I have?
[*]Drainpipes arouse you.
Depends, are they on the ground or ERECT
[*]You have obvious problems.*
well fu**in' duh....
[*]You have baked a cat.
yup, oddly enough, we make themed treats for halloween every year, last year I made a black cat cake, and cookies with spider legs
[*]You have swum in bacteria infested waters of your own free will.*
we all go swimmin at the strip pits here, its way out in the mines, the water is perfectly clear, but there ain' no fish a swimmin in it.. so I am thinking it might not be safe
[*]You have never, ever, ever run with scissors.
not to my knowledge.
[*]You shut the door on oppertunity the only time it ever knocked.
I have shut the door on oppurtunity several times unfortunately... like I said I am an idiot.
[*]You get off on pain.
Sometimes, but I think you are getting alittle personal now buddy!
[*]You clap at Church.
we all do, it makes the songs better... and?
[*]You have recorded your voice onto at least eight forty-five minute cassette tapes speaking whatever crap floats into your mind.*
yup, I make tapes for my kids, so hey will have something to remember me by when I die.
[*]You are still not wearing pants.
hehehe.... nu-uh...
[*]The smell of burning rubber elates you.
Well, He!! yea, but its usually over 'fore it gets that far..
[*]You lick CD's.
Depends what on em.. say I drop one in some brownie mix...hell yea, I am on that **** like fur on a dog
[/list=1]

hmmm... wha?!

21 - 40
I was here, in this section.
Of course, this is a good score [heh, heh, heh.]
About average oddness. You are weird enough to be laughed out. Odd enough to be interesting, sane enough to avoid [perhaps] ridicule. If you want ridicule, perhaps you should shave your eyebrows off. You'll certainly get ridiculed. Believe me.

A novel adaptation.

The smell of burning rubber elates you.
Well, He!! yea, but its usually over 'fore it gets that far..

Are we going to have another discussion about the "orgasm increasing powers" of the wedding ring?

63!

Well, you could put one more on there make it a 101 thing: Call yourself Ladies man, when...you are not.

Originally posted by Herodotus

Are we going to have another discussion about the "orgasm increasing powers" of the wedding ring?
long as you realize what increased was the LACK of tiime it takes for him to have them

9 for me, im disappointed i was hoping it would be higher!

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
You have read the entire Asterix series.*
whats strange about that?

You are a witch.
OH DAMMIT was this intended for me

I got 21! WOOT WOOT!! They are

1. 4. 3. 5. 22. 32. 39. 49. 52. 57. 59. 69. 68. 75. 79. 81. 94. and 98. Not bad for an eleven-year-old girl, eh?

Make that 22. I have gone streaking before. Seriously. I was six years old and I got my clothes wet, so, naturally, I took them off and started back home. Chris chased be around the neighborhood for half-an-hour! :rofl:

Originally posted by Herodotus

Hmmmmmmmmm............I thought a Mercedes Benz SL 500 could do the same job............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......