Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

Tools    

It's not that odd, Mirmiam...I have a friend who's not yet 18, and is always raving about Jeff Goldblum and Dustin Hoffman. As for Wilder: no comment. Purple frock coats don't turn me on, sorry to say, but he did deliver quite a performance. I don't think he could handle it today, though. I get the impression he's very worn out, for some reason.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by PigsnieLite
So now were talkin about ugly sexy men? Hummm, since Im a guy I cant really think of any. Is john malkovitch sexy? I saw tha French movie Liasons Dangerouses & Michele Pfeiffer wuz supposed to fell in love with him & hes like the ugliest guy in France. He was also a pretty ugly musketeer.
Dam, hes just ugly.
Yes...John Malkovitch is grodie(member that word?)Kevin Spacey is HOT,H-O-T,hot!I totally agree with that.Sorry this thread took an unexpected turn into the luciuos and delicious,but talking about Wonka is getting dull.I'll throw one more strangely erotic guy out there and then we'll move to girls so the guys can play too...here it is...David Bowie!Oh my Gosh,In the Labyrinth he was sooooo sexy!Okay here's some girls I think Are hot,Anjelina Jole,Nicole Kidman(she's more pretty,than hot)and Cameron Diaz.Go to town boys...

Did anybody hear that a remake of Willy Wonka is soon to go into production in a few months.
The whole thing is kinda dull, I think they should leave well enough alone. Why destroy a classic with a remake that probably won't be all that great.

P.S- Nicholas Cage is in talks to portray the candy maker himself.

If they get the right Wonka, everything will fall into place. Kevin Spacey would be pretty damn good, IMO. I admit: as good as the original was/is, I'm anxious to see that world brought to life with modern technology.

Now With Moveable Parts
Hey guys, remember when I made a thread about this back when I first came here?
Awww...memories.
I thought it was Will Smith, besides.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, that thread is still around somewhere, and maybe they're considering more than one person here.

Nic Cage is also going up for the Ghost Rider role though.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Adventure Starts Here!
Sorry gang, you just can't improve on that original. Okay, so I'm biased because I was a member of the now-defunct Gene Wilder Fan Club back in the '70s, but....

Modern technology aside, I'll always prefer the original. Chris, would you try out as an Oompa Loompa?

Pfft. I might ask you the same thing. You're, what, 5'3"? Anyway, if they get the right Wonka, this remake, IMO, has a very, very good shot at "working." Spacey's got the grace and charm to pull it off, I think...though I admit it's extremely likely that Wilder will own that role forever.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, I admit that Spacey could pull it off. He's got the right brand of dry sense of humor to make it work. I'd watch it and probably even like it.

But, I gotta stay true to my man Gene!

p.s. 5'2", actually. What's it to ya?

Now With Moveable Parts
We've HAD this discussion!
*sigh*

Now With Moveable Parts
Pull it up for him and 'delete' this one...
it just bugs.

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
This is an old topic. But, I want to put in my 2 cents! Gene Wilder can never be "topped" but Alan Cumming would be perfect as Willy Wonka. He has a long face, the demeanor, and he even has worn a long purple coat before. He can also sing very well and he could be in icon for kids (lol!) Anyways, I think if they got the right director and the right star it might actually be semi good.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Merged your old thread with this new one...

Happy now...
Ahhh...very. Thanx.

SLP
Why Cant Hollywood Leave Good Movies Alone. I Personally Am Quite Upset They Are Even Considering Ruining A Wonderful Movie.
I Grew Up Watching This Movie, I Have Always Associated Gene Wilder In This Part. No One Could Take His Place.
Why Does Hollywood Always Have To Make Sequals, And Remakes. They Typically (not All The Time) Turn Out Horrible, Everyone Remembers The Original.
Its Perfect The Way It Is.
Leave Things Alone!
This Is A Classic And Should Stay That Way.

Another childhood movie bites the dust!

I like to watch...
Originally Posted by Yoda
Anyway, if they get the right Wonka, this remake, IMO, has a very, very good shot at "working." Spacey's got the grace and charm to pull it off, I think...though I admit it's extremely likely that Wilder will own that role forever.
This may be old news to you movie savvy kids but I was reading today that Time Burton is remaking it and Johnny Depp has been offered the role.

As much as I love the original I agree with Yoda - it could really be something. Gene Wilder will always be Willy Wonka to me but, you know, I can see Johnny Depp doing it justice. He has the charm and the required quirkiness IMO.

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by 21redd
This may be old news to you movie savvy kids but I was reading today that Time Burton is remaking it and Johnny Depp has been offered the role.

As much as I love the original I agree with Yoda - it could really be something. Gene Wilder will always be Willy Wonka to me but, you know, I can see Johnny Depp doing it justice. He has the charm and the required quirkiness IMO.
i dont know if i want them to make a remake but tim burton doing it will be good. i like his movies. johnny depp, even though i have recently warmed up to him because ive seen so many of his movies now and liked them all. i still dont know about him. i think its coz i hold Gene in such high respect that no one will be able to replace his version of wonker. but if johnny depp did it and he did a good job i would be happy with it but i wont just be throwing away the old for the new.

i think jim carrey would maybe have done it well but there could be that danger of the movie turning into a jim movie....i dont think i would want him to change wonkers personalitly too much if you know what i mean. but jim is a wicked actor and i should imagine he would respect the original and do it well.

i supose there is always the danger of an actor changing the personality for the worse though.

does anyone know the story yet? are they going to do like a pyscho remake and make it exactly the same or will they be changing it more for a more modern appeal?
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!