How often do you watch a film?

Tools    

I don't sleep much normally (5 or 6 hours or so), so 2 or 3 nights a week, I watch a movie after all the duties of the day are done.

Probably 2 per day.*

Used to watch more when I was younger but have seen them all many times already and a lot of the newer movies are poor quality.

Does falling asleep at the beginning credits count?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Does falling asleep at the beginning credits count?

I sleep with the TV on, so I fall asleep at the beginning of movies all the time. In fact, there are certain movies (and TV shows) that I put on when I want to fall asleep because I've seen them so many times that I can close my eyes and listen to them, rather than watching them, so I fall asleep faster.

I sleep with the TV on, so I fall asleep at the beginning of movies all the time. In fact, there are certain movies (and TV shows) that I put on when I want to fall asleep because I've seen them so many times that I can close my eyes and listen to them, rather than watching them, so I fall asleep faster.

My two quickest sleepers are Escape from Alcatraz and A bridge too far. The only problem with a bridge too far is I wake up about thirty minutes into it to the soothing sounds of a war.

With age, not as many. Too many contemporary films are poorly written. Too many are obnoxiously political. Too many reboots. Too many childish premises (superhero movies).

In the past, a spectacle would at least promise clever special effects. Even a bad film could be visually transportive (because we had never seen THAT before). Today, anything imaginable can come close to passing as photorealistic or indistinguishable from reality. Movies are now on a par with books -- anything the writer can imagine can be put on the screen. And now we're learning how little imagination prevails in the status quo. All that power to depict and so little narrative horsepower.

2007 gave me hope (TWBB and NCFOM). Since then, I have found the Cohen brothers to be consistent in the quality of their content. The other elder Gods have fallen off. Nolan, for instance, seems to be doing his damnedest to "Shyamalan" himself with ever more contrived science-fiction plots.

At a certain point, you realize you're too old to be going out to nightclubs. At a later point you realize that the movies that are being made are NOT being made for you, that you are no longer the demo. And then you find yourself in a dive-bar like this complaining about the good-old-days.

And yet I still haven't even started with French New Wave cinema, because I am a lazy hypocrite. There are plenty of films to watch and I know it.

Not that often, since am more busy doing other things now