British B&W Movie where two men are protecting a woman

Tools    

This movie was on BBC early one morning somewhere between March-July time this year. From what I remember the lady is in a flat and there are two men keeping her safe. She tries to leave the flat and someone takes a shot at her. They visit a doctor at some point to question him (can't remeber why). The final scene takes place in a warehouse/near the docks between one of the guys protecting her and the person that wants her dead.

I can't remember the title and I can't remember why the ladys life was at risk. I think one or more of the characters was American.

I think this was probably some kind of unremarkable B-Movie but for some reason I just started thinking about it this morning...

Also, I think the score was quite dramatic and maybe not to my taste.

The movie "Woman On The Run" from 1950 sort of fits your description but it's an American film. I'll keep giving it some more thought in case I can come up with something closer to what you have described.

That's an interesting answer (I might take a look at that film). I think the one I am thinking of she is staying in a flat in London and someone takes a shot as she is leaving. I think the reason I thought of the film was I drove past some 1930's flats in Kingston area and that may be what triggered my memory.

I think it was on the 5th May 2013 at around 7am in the morning. But the BBC 2 listings for that day give a different film so I have either got the day or the channel wrong....

Hello ! I have discovered the movie, it is called Assignment Redhead (1956) with Richard Denning and Carole Matthews...

It was on Movies4Men channel. I discovered what the movie was and got hold of the DVD.

There is a review here:

www britmovie co uk / films / Addignment-Redhead_1956 / listType

They attempt to run the lady over (not shoot her as I thought I recalled) and her life isn't really at risk (until the end) as she is in with the criminals.

I think one of the difficulties in watching this film is the less than pleasing dialogue.

The ending dock scene is well shot and suitably dramatic.

It is based on a book called Requiem for a Redhead.