Slavery Reparations

Tools    

A novel adaptation.

A novel adaptation.
Well, I said somethign like "why dont I get reparations from Volkswagen, for the labor/death camps my ancestors were in". But I felt that that was a little offensive, so I replaced it with an apology, then replaced that with just a smilie.
I always feel bad talking about this sort of thing.
I don't know.

I'm sorry.

Ah, I see. Well, I don't think you have anything to feel bad about or apologize for. If the concept of reparations is to be taken to its logical conclusion, every group of people would owe just about every other group of people something. It's a pretty whacked out concept that, thankfully, has no chance of ever really getting off the ground.

Originally posted by Herodotus
I always feel bad talking about this sort of thing.
me too...
you never know just who you will offend in this type conversation.... best to keep mouth shut and think your thoughts privately...

OR

be like me and say fu** it, and say what is on your mind...

I think slavery was slavery. a sad but true fact of our nation. It can not be changed or forgotten no matter what anyone says or does. with out it we wouldnt be who (as people or even as a nation) we are today. Acknowledge it, suck it, up and move the fu** on...

I am not crying cause my indian ancestors got slaughtered by white folk to overtake their land. Hell without that I wouldnt be here today... sad but true... acknowledged, sucked up, and moving the fu** on

unless of course someone WANTS to send me money cause my people were wronged.... jk...

i want to personally apologize to anyone anywhere who was in anyway wronged by any of my ancestors at any time.

Originally posted by patti
i want to personally apologize to anyone anywhere who was in anyway wronged by any of my ancestors at any time.

ok totally being a a sarcastic ass here but....

apology accepted.. now send me some money

Radioactive Spider Blood
Argh! Not this topic again.

I was just debating this on another bulletin board.

Slavery Reparations are the biggest joke ever. I think I should get some money from when my ancestors were slaves to pharoah in Egypt.

Do you know how much it would cost each American if what these people want passes?

$37,000.

!!!!

I should pay $37,000 to someone who wasn't alive during slavery, whose parents weren't alive during slavery, whose grandparents probably weren't even alive during slavery?! And to top it off, my family didn't even come to America until almost 50 years AFTER slavery ended!

Argh! This just pisses me off to no end. Anyone else want to go with me to protest against these protestors?

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I think this country should continue to spend money trying to fix the problems it caused with slavery and racism in general, but not in the form of whites paying blacks cash. That would be pretty ridiculous and would certainly increase the amount of white against black racism. Is that what we want?

This issue kind of angers me. I'm half Irish and half Swedish, so I don't have the complaints that some races have concerning their histories. Yet, why should I pay somebody money, when they and I have never experienced slavery? I think it's utter bull, not any better than that guy suing the fast food industry. Am I racist? Do I think slavery was good? No and No! I hate it when people go for the easy payoff, it PISSES me off!
A local issue in the Pacific Northwest is an Indian tribe called the Makah, which is about 1,800 Native American strong, and they have a 2,000 year tradition of whaling. Back in 1855 when they were put on reservations by the US Government, they were promised that they could continue whaling, and they did. However, in the early 20's, the Grey Whale was put on the endangered species list and the Makah's had to quit. Now the Grey Whale has been taken off the list so they want to hunt again, even though no one else is allowed to. Eventually they won their case and have already been out on one hunt, and I believe, bagged four whales. At the time I was angry about that, but then I figured out that I just didn't understand. Now I find that I can't make up my mind on how I feel.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by patti

A noble sentiment, perhaps, but not one I'd go along with. I won't apologize for what my ancestors did. I'll apologize for what I do and for what I'm responsible for...but not for something out of my control.

well, i should have put sarcastic smilies all over my post but i figured it was obvious.

(i'm german and irish and scotch-english.......direct decendent of Mary Queen of Scots. doh! )

oh, and FiLm Fr3ak.......if you can lend me some money (i'm broke), i will gladly give it toyou.
now, ...... if Mary Queen of Scots had not been beheaded, perhaps i would have weathier relatives and the money would have trickled down a bit.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Ah, I say pay them. The black folks put up with so much racism in America to this day that I think they should get what they can! Same with the Native Americans! They should sue to get their land back! They got screwed more than anyone! It's time for all oppressed folks to cash in! Hell Yeah! I am not joking either! Let the legal system get these folks the justice that they wouldn't get by other means!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A novel adaptation.
What about the Jews? If anybody deserves reperations it's us!
Our ancestors were slaughtered, after they had done their share of forced labor!

I don't think anyone should get reparations, everyone would be in debt to everyone else, Whats done is done, now get over it.

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Ah, I say pay them. The black folks put up with so much racism in America to this day that I think they should get what they can! Same with the Native Americans! They should sue to get their land back! They got screwed more than anyone! It's time for all oppressed folks to cash in! Hell Yeah! I am not joking either! Let the legal system get these folks the justice that they wouldn't get by other means!
What's your heritage? Let me know so I can figure out how much you owe me.

Sorry, but once you start down this road, you'll be handing out money to virtually everyone out there. I think it's a ridiculous notion and I'm sorry to hear that you actually support it. Even if it were morally/logically sound (which I don't think it is), it's sure not PRACTICALLY sound.

It's called attention-seeking-money-grubbing.

Like the indigenous [to be politically correct] Australians who want to claim land in Sydney Harbor.

Um, yeah,alright...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by Yoda

What's your heritage? Let me know so I can figure out how much you owe me.
You owe ME, if anything! Mohawk indian represent!!!! I'm comin' down to your place with a dumptruck and a shovel!!!