Best Science Fiction Book Or Movie Since 1970

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
/me sighs, but will avoid looking like a dork again.

Originally Posted by OG-
Minority Report is a fine, fine film. I love it. There need to be more movies like it.
I also thought it was a good film, but for a future who so wanted to rid the world of murder, where was the compassion and justice for the three human beings they were "using" without their consent?

history *is* moralizing
Hej, OG, u're right about heart and soul and "I'm not yet an analytical robot, devoid of that awe inspired feeling you get when you gaze at a movie screen". i agree with u and that, but not that Ridley Scott cannot move heart and soul. don't forget, if u don't wanna be coldly scientific, that art, movies too of course, is a matter of tastes. so, my taste, my chemistry, makes me feel an enormous amount of sensations and feelings watching Blade Runner. if someone doesn't feel it, it doesn't make him a dumb "youngstah", but probably someone i couldn't talk to for more than 10 minutes without seeing there's no point since we don't have anything to share, emotionally at least. doesn't have anything to do with others' opinion's respect. and yes, matter of tastes too, what i ffuucckkkking have the right to feel more is sadness, dark dark dark despair, cuz that's me, sshhhiittt! (notice, repeat characters and the program doesn't recognize them and cannot censorship them... hehe) and it will ALWAYS be SUPERIOR for ME (i don't speak for the whole of humanity) than entertainment. well, that's my kind of entertainment, damn it! happy blahblah culture is nothing appealing to me, and even intellectually, if one thinks two seconds, it's even appalling.
u say: "Both films deal with a prosthesis of humanity, not the real thing. Life in either film revolve around an increasing lack of heart and soul." well look around u! look at life in big cities and anonymity and u can die in the subway or get raped and nobody's gonna move his (always fatter (oh my! i'm being politically incorrect cuz smoking is bad but fat is low-carb and it's good)) ass to help you, if that'S not an increasing lack of heart and soul in today's society, reflected in such movies, truthfully, then i dunno what the ffuucckkk it is!

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by OG-
/me sighs, but will avoid looking like a dork again.
I hear ya. Be it well with your sole.

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
I hear ya. Be it well with your sole.
The sole of his shoe, or his eternal soul?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

pfft.
I always do that.
Holden, it's so creepy when you crawl out of the dark recesses of your cave to correct someone.

A Holden Pike voice over enters the thread:
"OG-. Did you mean 111 or !!!?"

Holden voice over again:

"I knew that. You're so lame for even answering. Fool."

ooooooooooooo..........
that smarts.

You're on a roll! I'm so proud of you.

Arresting your development
He's on a roll as in going down a hill by repeatedly turning over or a role as in a performer being a different character?

OK, I'm out of here...and not hear.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by OG-
I'm awesome.

Like the movie Contact.
Oh my dear lord....no you di-int!

Well this thread got off topic reeeaaal quick. So...

Favorite sci-fi book: Tough choice as it's a vast majority of what I read, but my favorite author is Arthur C. Clarke and 2001: A Space Odyssey and Rendesvous With Rama are my favorites of his so far. He's a master of mixing the wonderous with a sense of reality, which is why his collaboration with Kubrick on 2001 was a stroke of genius, because they match so well.

Favorite sci-fi movie (since 1970): Quickly becoming 12 Monkeys, 'cause I like it more every time I see it. I honestly can't say whether or not Blade Runner is my favorite because I've only seen it twice, but I did love the fact that it mixed so well my two favorite genres (sci-fi and film noir) with some brilliant production design. Also I would say Dark City, but lies a little too far into the fantasy/horror genres to be deemed strictly science fiction [at least in my eyes].

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
He's on a roll as in going down a hill by repeatedly turning over or a role as in a performer being a different character?

OK, I'm out of here...and not hear.

Originally Posted by OG-
I'm awesome.

Like the movie Contact.

I hated that movie, they should have went to hell instead of that heaven like crap...