Fargo, Season 5

Tools    

Hated season 4. Tried again this weekend to make it through episode 1, but failed. A hot mess IMO.

Season 5, two episodes that have dropped so far on Hulu are very good & entertaining. I like the cast very much.

Best scene so far is Jon Hamm exiting a hot tub butt-nekkid. 😎

I've heard a lot of "this is back to basics" about this latest season. I've liked them all, personally, but I guess season 4 was less compelling than the others. Hard to figure out why, though.

Anyway, will definitely be giving this a try, regardless, but especially with the word of mouth. Still don't think anything's gonna top the first couple seasons, though.

I've heard a lot of "this is back to basics" about this latest season. I've liked them all, personally, but I guess season 4 was less compelling than the others. Hard to figure out why, though.

Anyway, will definitely be giving this a try, regardless, but especially with the word of mouth. Still don't think anything's gonna top the first couple seasons, though.
The beginning scenes of season 4 with all that swapping of kids sent me into a boredom coma. Ugh.

Can I watch this if I haven't watched the fourth season?

I loved the first two seasons. Didn't really care for the third. Thought it was alright.
Was unimpressed by the trailer of the fourth & then completely put off by the reviews of it.

I have zero interest in watching the fourth.

I loved the first two seasons. Didn't really care for the third. Thought it was alright.
Was unimpressed by the trailer of the fourth & then completely put off by the reviews of it.

Sure, each season is a stand-alone, with a bit of a character link between seasons 1& 2. They're all supposedly set in Minnesota.

Man, John Hamm has been getting a boatload of work in the past couple of years!

Looking forward to firing up Season 5.

I liked season 1 and 2 of this. Season 3 and 4 not so much. Infact I think I turned season 4 off.

But the first 2 episodes of season 5 have been blinding, like really good TV. So hoping it is back to being great,

No need to watch season 4. I couldn’t even get through its pilot it was such a hot mess.

I liked season 1 and 2 of this. Season 3 and 4 not so much. Infact I think I turned season 4 off.

But the first 2 episodes of season 5 have been blinding, like really good TV. So hoping it is back to being great,
I agree. Am enjoying it very much.

Well, I'm 6 episodes in, but I'm inclined not to continue. The writing is very dark and mean spirited, with little to no comic relief. I realize that Hawley, or whoever wrote the script, tried to be off-beat and quirky, but to me the bits aren't landing. I'd like to take both Sheriff Tilman and Dot's mother-in-law Lorraine Lyon and flush them both down the commode.

It's a great part for Juno Temple, and she really excels in the role. It's also interesting to see Joe Keery (Stranger Things) in an against-type role. He's good, but the character he plays is repulsive. I'm also wondering if they'll ever get around to explaining the existence of Ole Munch, a sin eater? His part in the story so far is incoherent.

Judging by several series I've seen in the past year or two there must be a tacit compact between Hollywood writers to insure that any white male character be written to be either a spineless wimp or crazy. This has gotten very long in the tooth, so if they ever get around to breaking the mold it won't be too soon for me.

Well, I'm 6 episodes in, but I'm inclined not to continue. The writing is very dark and mean spirited, with little to no comic relief. I realize that Hawley, or whoever wrote the script, tried to be off-beat and quirky, but to me the bits aren't landing. I'd like to take both Sheriff Tilman and Dot's mother-in-law Lorraine Lyon and flush them both down the commode.

It's a great part for Juno Temple, and she really excels in the role. It's also interesting to see Joe Keery (Stranger Things) in an against-type role. He's good, but the character he plays is repulsive. I'm also wondering if they'll ever get around to explaining the existence of Ole Munch, a sin eater? His part in the story so far is incoherent.

Judging by several series I've seen in the past year or two there must be a tacit compact between Hollywood writers to insure that any white male character be written to be either a spineless wimp or crazy. This has gotten very long in the tooth, so if they ever get around to breaking the mold it won't be too soon for me.
I’m loving season 5. Missed seeing Juno Temple in the last episode because she’s on the run.

Finished season 5. Really enjoyed it. Jon Hamm as an evil guy was brilliant in his role as was Juno Temple & Jennifer Jason Leigh was hilarious.

I was exceedingly happy when this season finally ground to an ending. I can almost guarantee you that there won't be a season 6.

From its mid point on, every time I believed that the show couldn't get any worse, it got worse. There was zero humor, no believability, no chemistry between any of the characters, and what must have been attempts at zaniness just seemed either pretentious or incomprehensible. It was a waste of good actors.

I'm sure Noah Hawley was under heavy influence and prompting for a 5th season due to the success of the first 4. But IMO he should have held out a little longer.