Edward Norton
Hugh Jackman
Denzel Washington
Samual L Jackson
John Malkovich
Robert Deniro
Robin Williams
Ricky Gervais

I made a post in here a while back with quite a lot of names on, but a few that I've enjoyed a lot recently:

Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York, In the Name of the Father, Lincoln)

Paul Newman (Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, Road to Perdition)

Matthew McConaughey (Killer Joe, Dazed and Confused, The Lincoln Lawyer)

Philip Seymour Hoffman (The Master, Moneyball, The Big Lebowski, Boogie Nights)

In no particular order:
John Cusack
Anthony Peck
George Clooney
Woody Harrelson
Steve Martin
Anthony Hopkins
Jake Gylenhall
Adrien Brody
Leonardo DiCaprio
Kevin Spacey

My top ten FAVORITE actors:

1. Humphrey Bogart

2. Jack Nicholson

3. Robert De Niro

4. Leonardo DiCaprio

5. James Stewart

6. Orson Welles (as an actor)

7. Al Pacino

8. Brad Pitt

9. George Clooney

10. Johnny Depp

Some other favorites:
Dustin Hoffman, Peter Sellers, Kevin Spacey, Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, Jack Lemmon, Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Samuel L. Jackson, ...

10. Katherine Hepburn
9. Bruce Campbell
8. Robert Downey Jr.
7. Jodie Foster
6. Daniel Day Lewis
5. Toshiro Mifune
4. Denzel Washington
3. Charlton Heston
2. Robert De Niro
1. Clint Eastwood

James Dean

Daniel Day-Lewis

Leonardo DiCaprio

Cary Grant

Clint Eastwood

Antony Hopkins

Heath Ledger

Robert DeNiro

Michael Caine

Johnny Depp

1. Humphrey Bogart
2. Robert Deniro
3. Marlon Brando
4. Daniel Day Lewis
5. James Stewart
6. Samuel Jackson
7. Cary Grant
8. Clint Eastwood
9. Denzel Washington
10.Al Pacino

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
In no particular order of preference...

Gary Oldman
Bette Davis
James Stewart
Sean Penn
Meryl Streep
Tom Hardy
Daniel Day-Lewis
Jodie Foster
Robert De Niro
Tom Hanks

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Joseph Gordan Levitt
Will Smith
Johnny Depp
Micheal Madsen
Tom Hardy
Denzel Washington
Gerard Butler

Javier Bardem
Vincent Cassel
Bruno Ganz
Edward Norton
Willem Dafoe
John Hurt
Vincent D'Onofrio
Tim Robbins
Kevin Spacey
Steve Buscemi

another great actor who I have been enjoying lately: CHISHU RYU

“Yasujiro Ozu’s method of filmmaking demanded a style of acting and a kind of actor at the opposite extremes from the Method school so familiar in the West. Every sequence, every shot within it, and every detail (whether of decor or gesture) within every shot, was planned by the director, his screenwriter (most often Kogo Noda), and his cinematographer (usually Yuharu Atsuya) during the evolution of the film. The actors were never asked to improvise or psychologize; instead they were expected to subordinate themselves to the overall compositional design of the film and be able to communicate the most meticulous and subtle inflections of expression and gesture under Ozu’s direction. According to Chishu Ryu, Ozu “fixed each actor into each shot,” and so one imagines that the ascetic discipline required of Ryu’s early (and abandoned) training to follow his father as a Buddhist priest had some lasting value for his acting career.

Chishu Ryu was Ozu’s lifelong friend and the most regular member of the stock company of actors he drew together. He is in Ozu’s earliest surviving film (his eighth) Wakaki hi (1929), played his first major role in Daigaku yoitoko (1936), and is in all the last 17 (and the star of many) of the director’s films. Just how consistent his contributions were in between is somewhat difficult to determine, as many of the films are lost or inaccessible. In the later works, Ryu’s appearances take on the character of a directorial trademark: if there is no star role for him, he turns up in a brief cameo, perhaps with no more than a line or two of dialogue. (Ryu’s consistent dependability was perhaps his defining quality as a professional: he was reportedly also on hand for all 45 of director Yoji Yamada’s inexplicably popular Tora-san films.)

In many of the later films the director/actor relationship becomes clearly symbiotic, in an extremely complex and fruitful way. There is no question of Ryu “playing” Ozu or being a mouthpiece for the director’s statements, yet one repeatedly senses a special sympathy between the director and the Ryu character, a sympathy which never precludes the possibility of critical distance. In Banshun and Tokyo monogatari , for example, we are made firmly aware of the character’s limitations: the film’s vision is far wider than his vision, which it contains and transcends. The limitations (and this is consistent with other late Ozu works, not necessarily starring Ryu, for example Equinox Flower ) are defined in relation to the female characters (especially those played by Setsuko Hara): Ozu’s subtle feminism has never been as acknowledged as Mizoguchi’s or Naruse’s, and Ryu’s most frequent role in Ozu’s universe as a gentle yet somewhat obtuse patriarch deserves reviewing in this light.

In his final film appearances, Ryu is an explicitly revered icon, for both his aging contemporaries (such as Kurosawa) and younger acolytes, such as Wim Wenders, whose pilgrimage to meet Ryu in Tokyo-Ga is a moving tribute to both Ozu and his favorite actor".

Robin Wood

Let the night air cool you off
Only going with current working actors

Christian Bale
George Clooney
Brad Pitt
Elijah Wood
Christoph Waltz
Min-sik Choi
Javier Bardem
Jeff Bridges
Daniel Day-Lewis
Philip Seymour Hoffman

Cary Grant
Jean Gabin
Charles Chaplin
Orson Welles
Humphrey Bogart
James Stewart
Leslie Cheung
River Phoenix
Bill Murray
James Dean

It'd be much easier to choose top 10 actress

Go ahead, actresses are actors too.
that's right . here's my list, doesn't follow any order

Lilian Gish
Katherine Hepburn
Jeanne Moreau
Ingrid Bergman
Vivien Leigh
Audrey Hepburn
Deborah Kerr
Maggie Cheung
Brigitte Lin
Catherine Deneuve

Actresses I like are:

Grace Kelly - for Rear Window, Dial M For Murder, To Catch a Thief, and High Noon

Scarlett Johansson - not that great yet but I'm including here anyway

Naomi Watts - Great in King Kong and Mulholland Drive, seems she did good in The Impossible too

Frances McDormand - She could get on this list just for her performance in Fargo.

Julianne Moore - Incredible in both Boogie Nights and Magnolia, great in The Big Lebowski

Uma Thurman - Pulp Fiction and both Kill Bill films

Many others as well that's just off the top of my head and I've not included some others as I've only seen like 1/2 films, hence more modern actresses.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
that's right . here's my list, doesn't follow any order

Lilian Gish
Katherine Hepburn
Jeanne Moreau
Ingrid Bergman
Vivien Leigh
Audrey Hepburn
Deborah Kerr
Maggie Cheung
Brigitte Lin
Catherine Deneuve
Over half of those would make my list, as well as Daniel's Grace Kelly.

Top 10 actresses (in no particular order):

Maggie Cheung

She probably plays my favorite female role of all time as Su Li-zhen in In the Mood for Love and is stunningly beautiful. I also liked her in Hero.

Ingrid Bergman

She's probably my favorite actrice. She's beautiful and she can play practically every role.

Julianne Moore

She's just a freaking good actrice and it helps that she played a couple of great roles.

Marilyn Monroe

She may not be the best actrice ever, but my god, she sure is gorgeous to look at!

Grace Kelly

Same as Marilyn.

Rita Hayworth

Same as Marilyn and Grace.

Catherine Zeta-Jones

She's a wonderful woman and a great actress! It's a shame she has only been in a couple of good movies.

Jodie Foster

Wonderful actrice, although her latest film choices haven't really been the best.

Kate Winslet

An extremely likable actress, in my opinion.

Naomi Watts

A very talented actress.

I would have added Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis and Meryl Streep too, but they're too much of a cliché. ;p

EDIT:

I forgot Gwyneth Paltrow!

Over half of those would make my list, as well as Daniel's Grace Kelly.
I also like Grace Kelly, Gene Tierney (she's stunningly beautiful in Laura & great in Leave her to heaven), and much more