Last great Foreign Film you saw

Tools    

Le Professionel
is a 1981 French Action thriller film directed by director George Lautner , starring Jean Paul Belmondo ,Jean Desailly and Robert Hossein Music by Ennio Morricone

Just watched this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808185/

Strange but good film, some of you might like it, thought I'd mention it here.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Well written and directed Russian movie. Oscar nominee

I watched La Haine a few time over the past few weeks.

Truly and amazing crime film, that's raw realism, and amazing style. Cassel was good, and te directorial style inspiring. I wrote some more in this in Movie Tab, but ya I loved this film. In my top ten.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Rome, Open City - What it lacks in subtlety, it more than makes up for in raw power, although there is some poetry in Rossellini's direction. Dialogue by Fellini. Filmed under the Nazis' noses.

Going by the typical American non English language movie, I guess that last great foreign films I saw were Fritz Lang's M and Metropolis. Genius filmmaker.

Thought he lost everything,then he lost a whole lot more.
If by foreign you mean not an american production,then I would say: The long good friday.

it has really good cinematography for 1957
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

Brat, 10.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched a movie called Oldboy recently, they're doing an American remake later this year, and I found it to be surprisingly entertaining.