Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I saw this movie the other night and personally I thought this was one of the worst comedies I have ever seen. All of the actors were unlikable, first off the comedian (Rebel Wilson) was doing the serious part for reason's I cannot see they cast Kirsten Dunst as the lead female. I just got really irritated with the whole thing. I wont go into detail about the plot (which was really stupid anyway) but they all seem like 4 unlikely friends and the only thing in common is they all do coke... well except the one getting married.

Let the night air cool you off

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Typically I hate musicals. So I would this one too. Au contraire. This one was actually moving. And beautiful. Not just because of the gorgeous Catherine Deneuve. The colors were vibrant. It was also sad. Like "You will never have what you used to have" sad. But that's important, because you will never have what you used to have. That's life, and the whole door opening after the other closed thing is prevalent here too.

edit: The reason for the terrible sentence structure and lazy punctuation is because I am sleep deprived and couldn't be bothered to construct a sentence like a respectable human being. Syntax be damned.

I saw this movie the other night and personally I thought this was one of the worst comedies I have ever seen. All of the actors were unlikable, first off the comedian (Rebel Wilson) was doing the serious part for reason's I cannot see they cast Kirsten Dunst as the lead female. I just got really irritated with the whole thing. I wont go into detail about the plot (which was really stupid anyway) but they all seem like 4 unlikely friends and the only thing in common is they all do coke... well except the one getting married.
Worst is pushing it but I can see why some wouldn't like it at all and I agree with you on the somewhat unpleasant leads(except for Rebel's character and I was disappointed she didn't have a bigger part - I thought she was going to be one of the leads). I didn't find the three too unpleasant though and I warmed to them slightly over the course of the film. But yes I found myself asking throughout the film, "these women are still 'good friends'"?

Dredd

Now I really didnt have high hopes for this movie and it really didnt disappoint. First of all I didnt think the acting was that bad Karl Urban was pretty good as Judge Dredd. I remember reading the comics and he was a monotone character so I think he did it justice. As for the story it is basically a story about narcotics they may as well called this bad boys 3 with judge dredd. I did like how they threw around the different gangs though sort of like the warriors. Anyway I did not enjoy it as it seemed to much of the same.

1.5/5
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_1343727_753bca5e.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	10298  

Up -

Funny and thoroughly entertaining. Unlike Wall-E, which was my last animated movie before this one, in Up there was not one single scene that made me feel bored. I am not saying that the former wasn't an enjoyable experience, but it's experiences like Up that really make me love movies.

10/8
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

Raising Arizona (1987)

Funny, memorable comedy with great acting performances and a classic, Coenesque, twisted plot. It also has one very memorable side character:

It may not be the most sophisticated Coen film, but it's very clear why it has remained a classic.

Another Woman (1988)

Wauw. This is a forgotten Allen GEM.
It's about a female writer who is in her 50s and hires a room where she can write quietly. Through a grid in the room, she can hear what is said in a psychiatrist's consulting room next door. She becomes obsessed with a pregnant woman, named Hope, who evaluates her life when talking to the psychiatrist and instigates the female writer to look at her past life so far, herself. She starts to have doubts about decisions she made and begins to realize that she is actually not happy at all.
Haunted by her past, she starts looking for something more...
Woody shows off his genius with a fantastic script, some very well made scenes and the choice of very nostalgic music to go with them.
This film is an intense and melancholic experience. I'm very glad I saw this and I recommend it to everybody who's interested in watching this kind of movies.