Best Jack Nicholson Movie

Tools    

I think that The shining gets good reviews because nothing happends for the majority of the film - its a real suspense film, and although now jack nicholsons performance my not scare the utter hell out of you it was a pretty impressive performance considering filmtechnology in the 80s.

Welcome to the human race...
How would "film technology of the 80s" affect an actor's performance in any way, shape or form?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think he means that Kubrick didn't know how to use a camera since film cameras had just been invented.

She meant that nowadays she finds many films rely on special effects to make a scene more scarry - with technology these days you can make whatever you want - a big monster, say, with a massive tumor exploding blood and puss that has fingers for knives and teeth like alien but that can rip you to shreds in seconds - whereas the more dated films like the shining, misery, even early kruger was scarry (or not some might say) because it was about good acting and directing - not special effects . . .

- whereas the more dated films like the shining, misery, even early kruger was scarry (or not some might say) because it was about good acting and directing - not special effects . . .
I found the shinning very scary One night i was watching it alone (not my first time) well not completley my was with me there was a storm outside with a big lightening show, When Jacks character started to go mad, my crouched down and started to growl, slowly He crawled to the TV, when Jack started to use his axe Oliver (my dog) attacked the screen like a dog with rabbies, that is when i turned it off and went to bed with my

As and old nurse Puss is not scary to me

Welcome to the human race...
She meant that nowadays she finds many films rely on special effects to make a scene more scarry - with technology these days you can make whatever you want - a big monster, say, with a massive tumor exploding blood and puss that has fingers for knives and teeth like alien but that can rip you to shreds in seconds - whereas the more dated films like the shining, misery, even early kruger was scarry (or not some might say) because it was about good acting and directing - not special effects . . .
I can agree with that, except maybe phrases such as "fingers for knives".

I can agree with that, except maybe phrases such as "fingers for knives".
Yes quite indeed Chopping vegetables has never been such hard work

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest is definitly one of his best.
But the dark side of my mind has to go with the movies where he became extremely violent AND insane: Batman and the Shining

I'd have to go with either As Good As It Gets or The Departed. The vast difference between these two characters is astounding.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Jack Nicholson has great charectors he was great in "batman" as the Joker,
also in "Afew good men" as Col. Nathan R. Jessep,
"Wolf" as Will Randall,
"Mars attacks" as President James Dale,
"Anger managment" as Dr. Buddy Rydell he was hilarious in this role,
"Terms of endearment" as Garrett Breedlove.
"The Shining" as Jack Torrance

He is a great actor and there are so many films to choose from that he is outstanding in.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I saw China Town and well I thought he was amazing, also liked him One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.