Clueless
27.27%
6 votes
Mean Girls
40.91%
9 votes
Easy A
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I haven't seen Clueless but Easy A and Mean Girls is a tough one to choose.

Mean Girls has more quotable lines, but Easy A has a lot of well-written dialogue. Even if Olive (Stone) is a mouthpiece for the writers, her dialogue is so perfectly worded and delivered, I don't even mind.

I prefer Stone's performance over Lohan's. Both change from Mary Sue to a corrupted anti-hero, but Stone's transition feels more gradual and convincing - and she seems to have a lot more fun revelling in it. Though Mean Girls has the better supporting cast; they feel like a quirky cast of individuals, rather than trying to fit into hammy stereotypes (evangelicals, new-age parents, etc). Marianne is nowhere near the of an antagonist as Regina George - not even close.

I was almost ready to give it in favor of Mean Girls, but then the ending of Easy A left a powerful impression. Mean Girls had the typical ending: protagonist magically smooths things over, pleases everybody. Olive apologizes for dishonesty, yet sets clear boundaries and doesn't apologize for how she expresses her sexuality. It's truly dystopic; the rest of the cast, only seeking to use her and not care for her well-being. Olive still has enemies and will probably be expelled, but is true for herself.

No, I mightn't.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra