Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back Into The Cinema...

Tools    

What are the signs of the Apocolypse again? Oh, yeah. Black people line dancing? Check. The inexplicable success of Ashton Kutcher? Check. The #1 British tennis player being Scottish? Check. Well, here's the fourth.

Universal Planning A 3D Remake Of Jaws With Tracy Morgan?

With all the craziness of reboots and remakes in Hollywood we feared this day might come. Universal may be planning a re-make of the 1975 Spielberg classic, Jaws. With the added popularity of Avatar’s 3D, there’s serious money to be made in a CGI reboot of the famous shark, presented in Real D 3D.

A source of ours over at Universal Pictures says the studio is strongly considering a remake of the summer blockbuster in hopes of dazzling younger audiences with new special effects. Their claim is that people now expect more, visually, from their movie going experience. So, Hollywood studios are inclined to take some of their tried and true franchise names like Jaws and bring them into the 3D world.

Our insider says Tracy Morgan was at one point being considered for the part of Matt Hooper, previously played by Richard Dreyfuss. While it’s uncertain whether that’s still the plan, it does indicate that they seem to be taking a more comedic direction with the part.

This is just a rumor, from a source we’ve spoken with, but never used before. We're working on some sort of official confirmation. In the meantime file this under gossip which, let’s face it, isn't hard to believe. Universal already busted out a few laughable Jaws sequels in the 80’s. They even tried their hand at a 3-D version of the shark with 1983’s Jaws 3-D. It only makes sense to come back to the idea now that they have the technology to do it right.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Unive...gan-16954.html

I'll mix the kool aid, you guys start getting ready to say goodbye.

Revenge is a meal best served cold.
hahah niiiice.

Good to know that Hollywood is just as thoughtful, artistic, and serious about their films as they were when they started out.

So Mark, you gonna be first in line for this one if it happens?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I sure hope this stays a rumor. However, if we can hold off a few years for Sarah to graduate, I wouldn't mind co-directing. I sure as hell wouldn't trust it to anybody else, except for Holden Pike.

To me, the main problem is who the hell are you going to cast? Should Damon be Quint or Brody? DiCaprio be Hooper or Brody? I actually think that I'd love it if Daniel Day-Lewis was Quint. That seems really excellent. Now, I still want Damon and DiCaprio, unless somebody has enough trust in Shia LaBeouf to do Hooper. Now, here's the thing. If we can't do it, then Scorsese has to direct.

In return, Spielberg gets to re-do Mean Streets because Scorsese's version isn't really too good, but does it matter if it is? Spielberg can redo whatever he wants in this "Jaws" scenario, but I bet he could come up with a damn-fine update and variation on Mean Streets in exchnage for the Jaws do-hickey. I'm hoping he can come up with some newer-type "guys".

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK, let me rephrase that. Scorsese's Mean Streets sucks! HA! He still gets to direct a perfect movie, Jaws. What movie do you want Spielberg to redirect from the Scorsese canon? I named mine.

What movie do you want Spielberg to redirect from the Scorsese canon?
Um, none. And I am a fan of Spielberg's and all, I just can't pick one. Maybe The Last Temptation of Christ. How would that play in the Bible Belt?

NoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Jaws is one of my favorite movies, you don't just put SNL Alumni in there and expect it to be just as good!

Eff. I'm so pissed.