I love you all.

Tools    

gefährliche Enge
That's all.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
WHAT!?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

gefährliche Enge
I LOVE YOU!!!

gefährliche Enge
i'm just feeling loving. that's all.

Ich liebe Lola Rennt, naturlich. Aber ich liebe LolaRennt nicht. Verstehest du das?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Hmmm...

Holden said (roughly), that he loves that flick, but that he doesn't love her. And I think he then asked her if she understood. I might be a bit off, however, but I THINK that's the gist of it.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Yoda
Holden said (roughly), that he loves that flick, but that he doesn't love her.

Yes, that's my wonderfully rusty German coming through. I took German for four years in High School with about a solid C- average. I could barely speak it a lick back then, even less now of course. The thing that always tore me up was learning German grammar, which can be tricky for us Yanks (counterintuitive in many instances). I'm sure the second two mini sentences are constructed properly, but I doubt the "naturally" at the end of the first really goes there.

My favorite assignment in that class was writing a movie review. I chose Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid and got to learn cool phrases like "Who are those guys?" and "seemingly the entire Bolivian army is outside" auf Deutch. Don't know them anymore, but it was fun then. The only reason I chose German over the more popular French and Spanish was so that I could watch old WWII movies and understand them Nazi's without benefit of subtitles. I can still understand a little conversationally, but I don't think I could speak it to save meinen butt.

ANYway...

Holden Pike in a Nazi concentration camp at the height of the Second World War. I can only imagine...

Awwww, that's such a sweet sentiment!

Not really clear on whether you're comparing me to a Nazi or a victim, but it's a sensitive and welcome analogy either way. Thanks.

Do you like to kick puppies too? Or at least kangaroos? Be careful, though, 'cause thems is likely to kick back.

I meant as a victim. I can just imagine you talking back to the gaurds in German. Making them look stupid. Your final words would be sarcastic, I'm sure. It wasn't a shot at you, and that's honest.

Meanwhile, I don't kick puppies. I drown them.
And I don't kick kangaroos. That's silly.

I run them over, hoist them onto the back of a ute, slice off their necks and feet and arms and take them to pubs where people pay to have sex with the carcasses.

Get it right.

Hey, here's a sidetrack question: what's the largest animal you've ever hit with a car? I guess some of you don't actually drive yet, but for those who do, what was it?

I've killed a few squirrels in my day, a couple armadillos, but a woodchuck has to reign supreme. They aren't very smart creatures, or very swift either. Waddled right under my front right tire. I still maintain it was comitting suicide, because what other logical explanation is there? That particular woodcuck definitely couldn't chuck wood, in any amount. Couldn't even cross the blinkin' road successfully.

Never hit a deer, thank goodness (you can get injured as much as the woodland creature), but I saw one completely creamed by a big pickup truck in the lane right next to me. We must have been going over 65MPH, but luckily for him (and unluckily for the deer, I guess) his truck was strong enough that he didn't even slow down after the hit. Wasn't a very big deer either - even before the truck hit it, though the collision done made it much smaller. The thing just exploded. Really gross. Had to scrape a little bit of deer off of my windshield later that morning.

I flattened a tire while swerving hard into a curb to avoid hitting a cat. I missed the cat, but completely blew out my tire. I don't know if felines have nine lives, but they're damn more durable than a radial vs. three-inch-high concrete.

Any other charming stories? Let's not bother with vehicular homicides, as I'm sure nobody wants to see this later in a court proceeding (I sometimes wonder if that's what all of those guests viewing printable versions of threads is all about).

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Hey, here's a sidetrack question: what's the largest animal you've ever hit with a car? I guess some of you don't actually drive yet, but for those who do, what was it?

I was minding my own business and a hugantic deer crashed into the side of my car. It busted out my right headlight and dented the wheel well pretty good. Scared the complete sh*t out of me.
I always thought that I would see a deer frozen in the headlights before plowing in to it, (and dad taught all of us girls," Never swerve or break for an animal, I'd rather you cream the ******* and save yourself from a head-on collision or going off the side of the road.") but I never expected the deer to run into ME.
So I get out of the car and the deer is flippin' out on the road about half a mile behind me, my car has this "horror scene" smear of blood on it and what looks like brains. I puked and got back in the car. Needless to say, Dad had to hose the car off before I would drive in it again...he also fixed my headlight.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Never hit anything. Nearly hit a person this week, though. Stupid McDonald's employee looking one way and walking the other. Not exactly an animal, but I doubt it'd be hard to find rabbits of superior intelligence.

chris, would that mcdonald's employee have been crossing near the drive thru as you were leaving at about two miles per hour?

my neighbor hit a white horse in a snowstorm.........his big pickup truck was completely mutilated nd the horse was shot. horrible story.

i hit a pheasant or a turkey....it flew out from the side of the road even with the height of my hood and went right into my grill.....SMACK!! feathers flew up, the van behind me freaked out wondering what the hell i was doing up in front of him.
and prior to that (my first and heartbroken roadkill story) i was cruising and saw a tiny bird just lifting his head...already hit on the road ......i was just about to cross over him,- i tried to cross with him out of tires path but i guess i just ended his misery. a tiny bump and i just gasped in horror.

holden, ein kann sprecken zee deutch unzt mein own fake stylen......zerr shpelling isst offt untz zee verds all whronng, yaa, yet mein fammileee eez vromm deutchland, so een zerr honerr, i sprecken zer gut bullsheet, yah??