The Dorky Stuff Thread

Tools    

Alright, spill it! We all act like dorks sometimes...so just let it all out. Hold nothing back. As I like to say, the truly cool embrace a certain level of dorkiness, so there's nothing to be ashamed of. Or, as Sades likes to say, "embrace your inner dork." What do YOU do that just screams "dork"?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
hmmmmmmm...

Digs deep, VERY DEEP....

I'll have to do this one tomorrow.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Well, I made at least thirty posts in the last twenty-four hours on an online bulletin board about movies, for one.

crazed out movie freak
I actually look forward to talking to you guys. Man I am a dork....

Seriously now.

I know this won't seem too dorky to most of you guys, I'm talking Chris, Kent, Patti, Mir, Sades and Mary here, but writing.

I am such a dork over writing. I think it is such a beautiful little art and I hold it in very high esteem, right up there with filmmaking, which I guess ultimately I'm very dorky about as well. I want to be a writer/director (not that I'd ever flaunt it like the epitome of the trades, our very own Writerdirect) and as a result I live and breath film, writing and performance which I guess could be distinguished as very dorky indeed.

You don't expect a sixteen year old to have a large portfolio of film work and five feature length screenplays (albeit that only one of them has ever been redrafted). But that's me. I'm a 'scoog'. I enjoy learning and I enjoy school. And I know that you guys won't think it's very dorky at all, because you know me and what I'm like and if anything, it sort of makes sense and explains who I am better than if I was your quote/unquote normal party-loving teenager. But I'm not. I write. So be it.

That being said, I also make up words.
'Tis swellegantly dorky, no?

I know this won't seem too dorky to most of you guys, I'm talking Chris, Kent, Patti, Mir, Sades and Mary here, but writing.
Matt, i know you outside of hear and although you can be evil at times, strangly enough i cannot find one person who thinks your a dork. Being smart is not being dorky for crying out loud. You all in all a good man, a scoog yes, a dork no. We all have our dorky things we do but you are not a feller with the title: DORK and im pretty sure that Chris, Kent, Patti, Mir, Sades and Mary would agree.

But geez man writing is so dorky just kidden

I just thought of something.

When I was about fifteen or sixteen, I suppose, I had a habit of getting up early for school. I didn't like rushed mornings, so I usually got up around 6:30 or so. One morning I got all the way into the kitchen, shaved and ready for breakfast, before realizing it was 1AM, not 6:30 AM.

Boy, I felt like a dork.

crazed out movie freak
Oddly enough I write and love to read poetry. Is that dorky?

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Damnit nothing I do is dorky.

Everything I touch turns to cool.

Even minigolf.

this guy was sitting there and we were looking at the poster for Red Dragon, and he said "didja know there is already a move for this?" and i said "yeah manhunnter" and walked away like i was the coolest thing on the planet
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Fez, minigolf is the epitome of cool.
You speak the truth!!

Let elektrotank show the way to the Lord!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
C'mon SB, another challenge, bring it on.

I got a new mouse on the ready for all that much needed accuracy.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I am such a dork over writing. I think it is such a beautiful little art and I hold it in very high esteem, right up there with filmmaking, which I guess ultimately I'm very dorky about as well. I want to be a writer/director (not that I'd ever flaunt it like the epitome of the trades, our very own Writerdirect) and as a result I live and breath film, writing and performance which I guess could be distinguished as very dorky indeed.
I know what you're saying, and if that (and loving school, and loving to read, and loving to learn) makes you a dork, then I'm a dork, too. But I don't think we are, 'cause we're cool. But we might be, because I just said we were cool, and you can't be cool if you think you're cool. Oh, sh*t, I'm definitely approaching dorkiness right now with all this waffling back and forth...

A random dorky thing about me:

I laugh out loud while I'm reading something amusing, and then whenever somebody asks what's so funny...

...I actually read that part aloud to them.

I do the same thing, and half the time, at least, it's never all that funny to them, and I look like an idiot. However, it used to be worse...I've come, over time, to refine what I read aloud to people. I try not to do so unless I'm virtually positive they'll love it.

Like the TIME essay on the World Cup.
I thought it was hilarious, and so I read it to my family. They listened, of course, but didn't laugh. I read them the whole thing. It took me five minutes. Five minutes they're never going to get back, may they rot...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Wow, for a dorky stuff thread, nobody's admitted to anything really dorky! Well, I'm gonna go all out here, and be king dork. I admit freely that I:

Read comic books
collect Buffy action figures
am a huge Kiss fan
love video games (I even had an atari 2600)
like Japanese cartoons
watch wwf wrestling
collect PEZ dispensers
am a huge Frank Zappa fan
am a GIGANTIC DEVO fan
own a VHS copy of Howard the Duck

tell me when to stop....I embarass myself yet I don't care. While I like all that stuff, I don't let it rule my life.

Oh, and writing isn't even remotely dorky! You wouldn't call Ernest Hemmingway a dork, or you wouldn't call Hunter S. Thompson a dork ( He'd probably stab you in the head with a barbeque fork if you did...). Hell, Jack Kerouac is a countercultural icon! Definitely no dorks in that crowd....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Yeah, but we're talking about the world of you gotta be dumb to be cool...

I know it's not really dorky at all.
Try telling a sports orientated western civilisation that...