The Others

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone seen this movie yet? It is pretty good. I seen it over the weekend. You could probably figure it out pretty fast the story that is but blonde me took till the end lmao.

I kinda liked it too. There's something about a scared little kid that scares me too. I thought they were vampires at first. I found it spooky and I loved the twist at the end. It was kinda cool I think. I also like the relationship between the mom & daughter. Well written.

Yeah, creepy movie. The part where "Victor" went running across the room to shut the curtains TERRIFIED me. That was really, really scary. I mean REALLY. The little boy was perfect...I loved it when he wrinkled his brow.

Man that scared the **** out of me! The way that scene was shot was brilliant. That has got to be one of the scariest scenes I've seen in a loooong time. And I don't mean like where did that cat pop out from, it wasn't a cheap scare. It was one of those scares that makes you want to go crazy and run for help.

Oh yeah...the kind of scare that you KNOW you'll be thinking about while laying in bed. I hate those kinds. You start imagining it. The fact that the kid was in bed at the time only makes it worse... ::shudder::

Ohh, I liked this movie a lot. A few people I talked to said it was slow and boring, but I thought it was engaging. I may be in the minority, but I think it's better than the 6th Sense.

The scariest scene for me was when you saw the blind woman reaching into the closet. Man, I jumped there. But when Victor opened the curtains, I liked that too.

I love this movie. One of the creepiest movies made during the last decade.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yes, I like it a lot too. It is really scary and it is so beautifully crafted. I didn't like the ending though. I could "feel it coming" if you know what I mean, and it pulled down my overall impression of it.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I've heard that from a number of people. I kinda saw it coming, but not completely. I knew the ending a lot sooner with Frailty.

I love this movie. This film could scare the crap out of you, w/o all the blood, and killings and stuff. Good old fashioned psycholgical thriller/scary film. The scariest parts for me were:
1.When the Victor kid ran across the room

2.When she saw the blind woman in that dress, that scared me pretty bad

3.When the blind woman opened up the closet. . . Get the picture?
And found he was eating his shoe.

I absolutely love The Others.. and I get all the plot twists and everything... except one..

Is the husband.... in the same way as the rest of them..? or was he just insane and didnt want to accept.... how his family was...

i hope my question is explanitory enough.. i dont want to flat out say it and give the whole movie away to people who haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by emecee
Is the husband.... in the same way .....?
WARNING: "The Others" spoilers below
Hey emecee, the hub was in fact dead. He died in the war and apparently only stayed with them for a small time to enjoy his wife's company since she was dead too. I'm not familiar with the rules of the deceased but for some reason he wasnt allowed to stay there with them anyways but go back to his own area hehe. Also, nobody was insane.

PAGAN WISDOM SHALL REIGN AGAIN
That is how proper and descent phycho thrillers should be written and directed. Hail to the director, but Nicole is Nicole and had a significant part in all this atmosphere. Kicks 6th sense's arse!!
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Tyler

I also really enjoyed this film, yes it was well written, good actors, and I also love the way the scenes were set up, the mansion was perfect the way it was designed and the overall look in all the scenes were done really well, the kids did some of the best child acting I have ever scene, they have what it takes to go far in the movie industry. Nicole was brilliant as she always is in my opinion. Excellent directing too.

Rock-n-Roll hoochie koo
I did like the scene where she is travelling in the woods right before she and her husband meet. It was that feeling of being lost in your loneliness type of feeling.

I loved the movie!

Ohh, I liked this movie a lot. A few people I talked to said it was slow and boring, but I thought it was engaging. I may be in the minority, but I think it's better than the 6th Sense.

The scariest scene for me was when you saw the blind woman reaching into the closet. Man, I jumped there. But when Victor opened the curtains, I liked that too.

I agree. It has more replay value.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I just rmember it being nothing but a bunch of jump scares.