Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Really? Everybody should just say what's on their mind?
I said people should be willing to say what they believe. That's not the same thing as saying whatever pops into their head.

I said people should be willing to say what they believe. That's not the same thing as saying whatever pops into their head.
And I'm not implying that everybody should just say what pops in their head.

I'm asking -- everybody should speak up and voice what their ideas are, even the well thought out opinions?

In all situations? On this forum - for the whole world to see - if they have them?

Oh, I dunno. But they should definitely be willing to explain their beliefs if they're going to pump up someone's candidacy for months on end.
That's fine to think that. But you tear down people, basically, if they won't. But whatever.

That's fine to think that. But you tear down people, basically, if they won't. But whatever.
It's not tearing someone down to ask them simple questions, or to confront them when they're blatantly evasive.

That does seem to be the go-to rationalization, though: ignore the issues, wait for people to call them out for it, then use that calling out to feign persecution. It's both self-inflicted and self-fulfilling.

If someones wrong doesnt mean they were tore down.

If they feel theyre not wrong, then why?

It's not tearing someone down to ask them simple questions, or to confront them when they're blatantly evasive.

That does seem to be the go-to rationalization, though: ignore the issues, wait for people to call them out for it, then use that calling out to feign persecution. It's both self-inflicted and self-fulfilling.
But you automatically make them look like they're wrong if they don't answer any of your questions. You say, "Well, if you believe something, TELL US why." And if they don't --

Originally Posted by Yoda
If you aren't willing to say what you believe out loud, that's probably a good indication that it's not something worth believing.
That's my whole problem with you. You dismiss. You rule people out. You invalidate. You tell people, if you don't talk to me about this, then what you're thinking must NOT be worth believing. Hmmmm?

That's what you're saying. That's how it comes across. You tear people down.

But you automatically make them look like they're wrong if they don't answer any of your questions.
Of course it looks like they're wrong if they don't answer any questions; that's what people do when they don't have answers! But it's bass-ackwards to say the questioner is making them look wrong: they make themselves look wrong by refusing to answer anything.

Nobody makes them do this, and it's nobody's responsibility but their own that it looks so bad.

Of course it looks like they're wrong if they don't answer any questions; that's what people do when they don't have answers!
Not in every case, though. That's my point. Not everyone owes you an explanation. Not everyone wants to explain themselves. You can tell yourself they're wrong for not talking -- you can tell everybody else they must be wrong if they don't talk. But you don't really know what's going on. You're just giving an opinion. Saying it looks wrong is your opinion of the situation, and that's fine to have it, but that might not be what's really going on. You go around acting like your opinion of a situation is the truth.

But it's bass-ackwards to say the questioner is making them look wrong: they make themselves look wrong by refusing to answer anything.
If that's how it looks to you and anyone else.

Nobody makes them do this, and it's nobody's responsibility but their own that it looks so bad.
But you chirp up and offer your opinion that makes them look bad --

If you aren't willing to say what you believe out loud, that's probably a good indication that it's not something worth believing.
If that's your opinion, that's your opinion. It's my opinion that you look like you're tearing people down by doing this.

Not in every case, though. That's my point. Not everyone owes you an explanation. Not everyone wants to explain themselves.
People don't have to explain themselves. They just can't get mad and pretend it's unfair when they get called on it.

You can tell yourself they're wrong for not talking -- you can tell everybody else they must be wrong if they don't talk. But you don't really know what's going on. You're just giving an opinion. Saying it looks wrong is your opinion of the situation, and that's fine to have it, but that might not be what's really going on. You go around acting like your opinion of a situation is the truth.
Nah, I'm just acting like people who ignore inconvenient facts and questions almost always do so because they don't have an answer. And it's not much of a response to just point out that it's theoretically possible some other reason, which they apparently can't even share with us, could exist.

But you chirp up and offer your opinion that makes them look bad --
This is like saying a witness is "making the defendant look bad" by describing what they saw them do.

It's my opinion that you look like you're tearing people down by doing this.
If you build a house on a crappy foundation, and it collapses when you open the door, the guy opening the door didn't "tear it down."

To explain why Donald Trump should not be President, to list out bit by bit every reason, factual reasons, would appear as if Donald Trump is being "tore down". This is why hes loud and points, to deflect his own flaws. He will not change.

His supporters act like victims, say theyre abused physically, and in this case on a forum, but its all to deflect. There is no abuse here, nobody has been shamed here, and they cannot argue the even the plainest and simplest facts. So to gain sympathy act like theyre being persecuted.

Im not fooled by it, or Trump. Many foreigners arent fooled by Trump too. They havent been brainwashed all these years with him on tv and radio, much more than Hillary. This is a very telling time in alot of ways, and not all good. Theres no way to improve on it unless its said and done though.

I wont vote for Trump because hes completely unqualified, completely. I dont like him because hes attempted to insult my intelligence as a man and a American more than anyone I can think of ever.

Certain Trump supporters wont state plain facts like this. Its out of fear of reprisal, and that fear is exactly why Trump has their vote. Trumps whole campaign is fear. Fear of Crooked Hillary, fear of Mexicans stealing from us, fear of the media, and fear of terrorism. We cannot as men, as adults, to be so fearful of the truth, and be manipulated by rabblerousers.

People don't have to explain themselves. They just can't get mad and pretend it's unfair when they get called on it.
Your opinion.

Nah, I'm just acting like people who ignore inconvenient facts and questions almost always do so because they don't have an answer. And it's not much of a response to just point out that it's theoretically possible some other reason, which they apparently can't even share with us, could exist.
Well, this is a public forum that can be viewed by anybody who logs on the internet. Not everybody wants to freely speak their mind about whatever they're thinking. I don't see why someone can't make an appearance here, say they're voting for Donald Trump, maybe make a few remarks about why, but not want to explain further. Not everybody has this debating addiction that you seem to have. Where they have to go on and on. I'm sure you'll say they don't have to do that. But my point is, not everyone's out to speak their minds. Maybe you get pleasure doing that so openly on the internet, but not everybody wants to.

This is like saying a witness is "making the defendant look bad" by describing what they saw them do.
You're not describing what you saw someone do when you say --

You're speaking your opinion. You're speaking like, Well, this person won't talk! Obviously, whatever it is they believe, it's not worth believing in!

You're not just stating what you see. You may be stating what you see, but you're also giving your own opinion about the cause of what you see.

If you build a house on a crappy foundation, and it collapses when you open the door, the guy opening the door didn't "tear it down."
Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe people just aren't trying to build a damn house? Maybe you shouldn't go opening doors you shouldn't.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yea Trump! You're my BOY! Grab Hilary right In the pussy son!

His supporters act like victims
Originally Posted by TONGO
Certain Trump supporters wont state plain facts like this. Its out of fear of reprisal, and that fear is exactly why Trump has their vote. Trumps whole campaign is fear. Fear of Crooked Hillary, fear of Mexicans stealing from us, fear of the media, and fear of terrorism. We cannot as men, as adults, to be so fearful of the truth, and be manipulated by rabblerousers.
I'm not afraid to be afraid. You are.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It sounds like Sexy is saying in a way that Yoda does to people what Trump does when he "tears down people". Is that so or am I misreading what's being said? I'm not trying to start a fight, but it sounds a bit ironic from every which way. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Only in the sense that any values-based statement is an "opinion." But I don't think it's my opinion that discussions are worse when nobody in them is held accountable for what they say.

And I don't think you actually disagree, because you're asking me to defend what I said right now. So the argument is self-defeating: if nobody has to defend their position, that includes me with my position that Trump supporters should have to defend theirs.

Amusingly, what you're basically asking for is something Trump supporters usually loathe: a safe space. A place, paradoxically in public, where people can express anything they want without the psychological discomfort of being questioned.

Well, this is a public forum that can be viewed by anybody who logs on the internet. Not everybody wants to freely speak their mind about whatever they're thinking. I don't see why someone can't make an appearance here, say they're voting for Donald Trump, maybe make a few remarks about why, but not want to explain further.
They can. But that's not the same as doing it over and over, dozens of times, for half a year, and then getting mad when they're criticized for it.

Basically, they don't get to have it both ways: if one person gets to express an opinion, people to get to express an opinion about that opinion. Nothing unfair about it. It's the alternative--expecting people to just listen to you and not be allowed to criticize--that's unfair.

You're speaking your opinion. You're speaking like, Well, this person won't talk! Obviously, whatever it is they believe, it's not worth believing in!

You're not just stating what you see. You may be stating what you see, but you're also giving your own opinion about the cause of what you see.
Yeah, I'm not saying I never express opinions. After literally months of having questions and arguments shamelessly dodged, I get tired of it and go from pointing out what's happening to actually expressing my thoughts about it. But the complaints come either way. Even when merely pointing out that people were being evasive, there were still accusations of unfairness.

Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe people just aren't trying to build a damn house? Maybe you shouldn't go opening doors you shouldn't.
I'm not sure this analogy really makes sense any more. The point is that, if someone's opinion is so damn fragile that you can "tear them down" by asking a few pointed questions, that's on them.

It sounds like Sexy is saying in a way that Yoda does to people what Trump does when he "tears down people". Is that so or am I misreading what's being said? I'm not trying to start a fight, but it sounds a bit ironic from every which way.
That's a good point. If somebody thinks I'm being mean by asking questions, how on earth would they reconcile that without supporting Trump, who tears people down more viciously and more often? Are your standards for President lower than your standards for talking to people on the Internet?

The 12 Most Incredible And Absurd Things That Happened At The “Hindus For Trump” Bollywood Event

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sahilrizwan...WB#.ddyEl5Gm4Y