Honestly, The Saddest Movie You've Ever Seen

Tools    

The only movie I cried in was The Spitfire Grill.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
That's one of my mom's favorite movies. I've never seen it, don't really have a desire to, unless, the other person wants to watch it really bad..
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

forest gump had me crying almost all the way through
shawshank redemption, when brooks gets out
the green mile, i almost cry thinking about that 1
of mice and men, i got a lump in my throat at the end of that
but i cry at alot of movies

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Hal's death scene

one of the saddest movies was titanic. but besides the obvious. i think the next saddest movie would be a movie called flowers for algernon or something like that. a guy named charlie is retarted and dumb. People take advantage of him. instead of laughing with him they laugh at him. one day a lifechanging thing occurs. he turns into a genius while undergoing some scientist's experiment. he then gains respect from society and from the rich higher class. He makes so many new friends including his new girlfriend. his so called friends eventually feel guilty the way they use to treat him. eventually charlie learns that he is going to die as a result from this experiment. this turns out to be tradgic because with all the friends charlie has made and all the things he enjoys and being able to see the world in a different light find out he has to die. while charle tries to find a cure from this his new girlfriend watches him dye a slow agonizing death. charlie, however, is remembered how he impacted society and how he once touched people's lives.

Flowers for Algernon was the title of the Dan Keyes novella (didn't we all have to read that one in middle school?), but it was re-named Charly (1968) when it was made into a feature film. It earned Cliff Robertson a best actor Oscar in the title role.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

crazed out movie freak
man you guys and gals are reading my mind. and taking every sad movie out there. i would say forest gump, the color purple, green mile, the end of my girl, but powder gets me the worst the way he was treated by that girls dad gets me every time. or for that matter the way he was treated in general. that one ranks right up there with the end of mr. hollands opus.

crazed out movie freak
maybe you want to be a father. j/j

No joke; I do. Not now, mind you...but I'm very much looking forward to having children. Maybe that's it. There's something about pregnancies and children that gets to me. I guess we all have our "things."

crazed out movie freak
hey different strokes for different folks i guess. nothing against you it's just not my cup of tea

The Adventure Starts Here!
Don't laugh but I always cry at the serious parts of "Mrs. Doubtfire," when he loses his kids, and then loses them again, and the child's letter about divorce he answers on the air just always makes me start bawling.

P.S. Hey TWT, glad to see Yoda here, finally. Took ya long enough, or did I miss the big party about it?

crazed out movie freak
don't be embarassed different things make different people sad. i take it your parents are divorced.

Dr. Ruth in the house.
hahahaha

crazed out movie freak
my fault. why do i always put my foot in my mouth with new people.

Originally posted by Raziel1
don't be embarassed different things make different people sad. i take it your parents are divorced.
Austruck is Yoda's mother.

crazed out movie freak
sure it is. i fell for someones joke once not again

LOL, spud.

I'm still getting used to the new name. At first I thought I had a new kid! Then I realized we'd all finally talked TWT into changing to the name he *really* wanted all along: YODA.

At least now it matches the picture. But I am getting tired of hearing him around the house saying under his breath, "Yoda fights!!"

I mean, really....

You think I'm joking?! I'm dead serious. Austruck (I've never caught her real name) gave birth to Chris (Yoda) about 18 years ago.

At least now it matches the picture. But I am getting tired of hearing him around the house saying under his breath, "Yoda fights!!"

Raziel, hey you have a LOT of catching up to do. Take yer time.

Even I am going to have to jot down that Yoda = TWT = Commish. This might take a while to get used to.