A Black & White Movie You're Watching (all B&Ws)

Tools    

Not just old B&Ws, but any. B&W is underrated and underused. With all the CGI & HD and such today, it doesnt look like itll make a comeback anytime soon.

Some are still being made though, love to hear about them

Ive never seen this before, but will be watching it tonight.

Should I even review a classic? It only could hurt my own credibility if I dont like it

If theres already a thread like this I apologize and please merge.

Not just old B&Ws, but any. B&W is underrated and underused. With all the CGI & HD and such today, it doesnt look like itll make a comeback anytime soon.

Some are still being made though, love to hear about them

Ive never seen this before, but will be watching it tonight.

Should I even review a classic? It only could hurt my own credibility if I dont like it

If theres already a thread like this I apologize and please merge.
I've seen bits of High Noon and it is good.

Hell Drivers would be my recommendation. I haven't seen it in a while but it's class – lots of familiar faces in there too.

Try La Haine as a modern film that uses black and white.

Watch any Frank Capra, John Ford or Howard Hawks films if you want to see great American film noir.

Oh and In Cold Blood, one of the greatest films.

I watched 'Young Frankenstein' over the weekend. Brilliantly written with a good solid cast. I return to this film again and again, it never seems to age. Written by both Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks, it's a must-see if you're a fan of these guys.

Woody Allen's Black and Whites: Broadway Danny Rose, Stardust memories, Manhattan, and Purple Rose of Cairo alternates between color and Black and White. Jim armusch also works well with Black and White. Stranger than Paradise and Down by Law.