What did you think of Saw: The Final Chapter movie?

→ in
Tools    

I finally got around to seeing all the Saw movies and i must say when i watched Saw VI i thought to myself, what a great way to end the series with agent Hoffman escaping the helmet trap, and the audience being left to their imagination what happens from then on.

But lo and behold, there was another Saw movie, Saw 3D: The Final Chapter.
First thing i want to say is, i HATED this movie.
I felt so ripped off, well not really, i watched it online, but i feel sorry for the poor saps that paid to see this in 3D.

First of all, i hate how so many movies these days are in 3D and they do NOTHING to add to the movie whatsover. But i'll let that pass as i watched it online.

Did this movie even need to be made?? It seems so poorly written, it's hard to believethe same director was behind it.
I heard he was roped into doing the last movie due to to a contract.

What can i say. The first trap out in public was idiotic to say the least. Most if not all the other victims had to do with them not valuing life either of themselves or of others (eg, theyre actions hurt others).
This trap and its victims didnt fit at all. EVERY single previous trap was in a creepy abandoned building yet this is in the open????

Secindly the whole story surrounding the 'survivor' Bobby. Who cares about this idiot, i sure didnt care about him. He could have died in the first scene for all i care.
I realize that we were'nt really meant to care for any of the victims but this guy in particular really annoyed me.

And just the whole movie, it had a very cheesy, campy feel to it, much like Scream 4 just to name a movie. It was like it wasnt taking itself seriously.

And at the movie its like they got together and said, hey this is the last movie there isnt going to be another movie, we need to wrap it up and tie everything together.

The thing with a good horror movie is its not meant to tie things together nicely. The best horror movies in fact, have the bad guy pop up at the very end in cheesy horror tradition.

So the doctor from the first movie was in on it the entire time, even though he wasnt mentioned in ANY of the previous movies .
Just complete coinicidence crap.
Dont get me wrong i have no beef with Hoffman being imprisoned and i imagine starving and dying, after all the guy killed a LOT of people, but that doesnt take away from the very poor ending.
Personally a much better scenario for me would have been if Aamada survived and was the one to kill/imprison Hoffman, then she would have got the final laugh.

Anyways just wondering what others thought of the final movie. Should they have ended the series on the previous film, which i thought was very good.

Is anyone as annoyed as me that this stupid film was made, probably for no other reason than to make the movie company a bit of extra cash.

Yes, it was bad. The last Saw was really bad. It was like a bomb went off.

I liked the opening scene with the two men and the woman... but that was it.

The public trap is really stupid. No one can get that into position during night. The one thing I noticed in the film is that the lead singer in Linkin Park is in this film. That's all I can say.