Most Shocking Death Scenes?

Tools    

^ Only sorta agree with that, it can be a liked character that dies suddenly and shockingly, like DiCaprio in The Departed, not that he was necessarily all that likable but...

Midnight Cowboy screwed with me, esp. the first watch as a kiddo.

That scene from Mirrors is probably the most disgusting scene I've ever seen in a film. Followed closely by some of the scenes from Hostel.

Spoiler on The Coen Brothers Miller's Crossing!!!

Many gangster films mentioned and re-mentioned, all for very good reasons. It's been a good while ago since I'd seen Miller's Crossing, but the boxer shouting retard fat guy being shot, 'Always shot them in the head/brain!', that was a bit of a shocker, not to mention Tuturro's demise in the film. I think the biggest shocker of the film is'nt the great mow down, Finney turning the tables on the group sent to kill him, to this very day, NOTHING MORE BADASS HAS EVER EXISTED!!!

^ The crazy eyes of THE MANIAC were the most disurbing thing for me in that film.

For me that was FD5 death of the girl whom die in the eye testing room

When that guy got ran over by a steam roller in Naked Gun. Appalling.

What about that terrifying scene in 'The Hitcher' in which a guy is chained between two trucks and is then pulled apart? One of the most disturbing deaths I've ever seen.

The car crash scene in Death Proof is also pretty disturbing.

^ It's more disturbing in the original film where it's Jennifer Jason Leigh tied to the trucks. It was also shocking because I didn't know anything about it, unlike in the rubbish remake when I watched it.

Of course this scene includes a character's death, so SPOILER ALERT! But, I remember after seeing this Paul Verhoeven film from 1983, that I laughed at this scene, although at the time it was considered fairly gross.

Mel Gibson's wife's death scene in Signs.

The Bridge. Watch suiciders is as shocking as it gets.

I've said this before; The vengeful killing of the Dutch Assassin in Spielberg's Munich.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
That is a great scene from one of Spielberg's most under-rated movies - all the more effective as done with total calm & lack of emotion

This scene from Assault on Precinct 13, the 1976 John Carpenter original, where the little girl (Kim Richards) gets shot. I was pretty horrified when I first saw it. So cold-blooded, but it sets up the reason for what happens in the rest of the movie:

This scene from Assault on Precinct 13, the 1976 John Carpenter original, where the little girl (Kim Richards) gets shot. I was pretty horrified when I first saw it. So cold-blooded, but it sets up the reason for what happens in the rest of the movie:

That's a real good movie and that scene is a great selection for this topic. It's probably the most well known part of that film.

John Coffey in The Green Mile. Not that shocking as tearful.
And death of Nina Sayers in Black Swan, that was very shocking.